Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sandaza should start on Saturday.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Barnes and Murray both need fitness checks before Hudders!

Poyet confirmed that he rested Gary Dicker and Ashley Barnes - with both players on four yellow cards - but also mentioned Barnes is suffering with a tight thigh ahead of Saturday's game at Huddersfield Town..

He added, "We'll assess Ashley ahead of the weekend, and also Glenn Murray, who picked up a dead leg tonight."

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Sorry what did Murray do in this game or the previous games?

Played well for 20 minutes at the Saints and nothing else.

He may well play a blinder on Saturday but will then go missing for the next five games. Which will stop us picking up more points in the long run.

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
He was severely average tonight. He scored his 3rd piss easy goal of the season and didn't do that much else to catch the eye even against an absolutely pony defence.

SE4 GULL

Oct 8, 2010
Brockley LONDON SE4
He's a poacher, and we don't have any other poachers. I think he is a valuable member of the squad and surely we should only take positives from his performance tonight. He is getting back to full fitness and will only get better with games. He scores goals. End of.

Football_Friends

Aug 18, 2010
Oooop North.....Manchester
He was severely average tonight. He scored his 3rd piss easy goal of the season and didn't do that much else to catch the eye even against an absolutely pony defence.

Couldn't disagree with this anymore.....admittedly the defence was poor, but if the right ball was played several times it would be a different story. He looked a hand-ful to mark and got intonsome good positions, made some nice runs and didn't get picked out. Not his fault.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Hadn't really rated Sandaza all game then he played that pass, absolutely beautiful, though we all thought it must have been someone else! Also did anyone else notice in the post match piece how much he looked like Steve Coogan playing that Portugese singer Tony Ferrino?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He is a bizarre player, he is 6 foot 1 but when he jumps for the ball gets to 5 foot 11 so wins nothing in the air, he can't dribble and has the pace of Steven Hawking in a sandpit, he was even outrun by FCUM's centre half tonight, who in theory is 8 divisions below us.

YET he scores from 3 or 4 yards very well, and gets in positions to do so all the time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Providing Murray is fit it should definitely be him and Sandaza on sat, they complement each others styles well and both put in a good shirt tonight. Those who cant see Murray had a good game need their eyes tested.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He is a bizarre player, he is 6 foot 1 but when he jumps for the ball gets to 5 foot 11 so wins nothing in the air, he can't dribble and has the pace of Steven Hawking in a sandpit, he was even outrun by FCUM's centre half tonight, who in theory is 8 divisions below us.

YET he scores from 3 or 4 yards very well, and gets in positions to do so all the time.

He's like Dickinson only can score as well!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
in the post match piece how much he looked like Steve Coogan playing that Portugese singer Tony Ferrino?

GOOD spot

0.jpg

Football_Friends

Aug 18, 2010
Oooop North.....Manchester
What recent Brighton players have been in the mould of Bennett?

No I wasn't referring to past Brighton players, but players of a similar calibre in football in general, who have a similar style of play and either fade away or don't make that step up. He looked a very good player, just hope he can fulfil his potential whilst still at Brighton and not disappear into another could have been.....

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'd play Wood + Barnes/Sandaza and bring Murray off the bench. IMO he does better as an impact sub

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
No I wasn't referring to past Brighton players, but players of a similar calibre in football in general, who have a similar style of play and either fade away or don't make that step up. He looked a very good player, just hope he can fulfil his potential whilst still at Brighton and not disappear into another could have been.....

Ok, fair enough. I'm sure he will fulfil his potential though- he seems mature and modest in interviews. Doesn't seem the type to be distracted by off field temptations.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He looks like he won't contribute much outside the box, but could be the goal poacher we perhaps need.

Not the long-term answer but certainly worth a go.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
I thought Sandaza worked his socks off, but to be honest apart from the goal he didn't do a whole lot, considering how much of the ball he got, and remember he wont get THAT much space with a league 1 side, so i personally would not play him, not just yet anyway.

ManchesterSeagull

Nov 16, 2009

Sebastien Carole's a good shout. Albert Jarrett too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here