Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Willaims To Join

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
I have it on good authority that Sam Williams a very good young target man from Villa will be joining on loan this week

:cool:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I prefer his brother Robbie.....

....and through it aaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, she offers me protectshun...........a lot of love and afectshun.............whether i'm right or wrong................................and down the waterfall............wherever it mayeeeeeeeee take meeeeeeeeee....I know that it wont break me..................la la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....i'm lovin' angels instead........................:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Hardly a Premiership player is he, youth team and that appears to be about it. The report on the radio said a Premiership player.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Super striker Sam Williams
Written by Kevin

Tuesday, 29 November 2005

Eighteen year old Sam Williams just seems to score and score at the moment and Tony McAndrew has commented "Sam's been exceptional up front."

Williams is a midfielder but McAndrew thinks the youngster can make the move to striker a permanent one after scoring nine goals for the reserve and youth team this season including two against Everton reserves on November 1st.

McAndrew went on "He's been taking his chances and that's what good strikers do. When I decided to give him a go at leading the attack, I saw it as a temporary measure but now I've done it, he really looks the part".

This just goes to further demonstrate how well the Aston Villa academy system is doing and with Gabriel Agbonlahor extending his loan deal at Sheffield Wednesday this week the future is definitely very bright for Aston Villa.

???

Sounds a decent player - this taken from Aston Villa Blog....

Eighteen year old Sam Williams just seems to score and score at the moment and Tony McAndrew has commented "Sam's been exceptional up front."

Williams is a midfielder but McAndrew thinks the youngster can make the move to striker a permanent one after scoring nine goals for the reserve and youth team this season including two against Everton reserves on November 1st.

McAndrew went on "He's been taking his chances and that's what good strikers do. When I decided to give him a go at leading the attack, I saw it as a temporary measure but now I've done it, he really looks the part".

Lets hope its true - it's on NSC, it must be :eek:

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Looks like it is official - from the Villa web site:

Striker Loan

0,,10265~2771687,00.jpg

Young striker Sam Williams looks set to join League One outfit Brighton in a one-month loan deal.

The 19-year-old, who enjoyed a successful spell with Wrexham last season, travelled south to link-up with the Seagulls this afternoon and is expected to agree a move tomorrow.

He told www.avfc.co.uk: "It could be a good move for me. There aren't as many reserve games this season, so this is the chance to get regular football.

"Wrexham went well for me last season and I think it really helped me develop as a player. There's no substitute for playing first-team football."

If Williams does sign tomorrow, he could make his debut in Saturday's home clash with Chesterfield.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BarrelofFun said:
Super striker Sam Williams
Written by Kevin

Tuesday, 29 November 2005

This just goes to further demonstrate how well the Aston Villa academy system is doing and with Gabriel Agbonlahor extending his loan deal at Sheffield Wednesday this week the future is definitely very bright for Aston Villa.

???

Is that written by Kev the Ape?

BTW we dont need a striker, we now need midfielders Dean:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Cadiz Seagull said:
Bastard - beat me to it :angry:

:bigwave:

It is always an honour to beat you, Cadiz.

Dave the Gaffer said:

BTW we dont need a striker, we now need midfielders Dean:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

It is seemingly well constructed; free flowing; inteligible; and lacking spelling mistakes. My guess is that he didn't. :D

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:

I thought we needed strikers and midfielders ???

This could be a useful loan but we also desperately need experienced players not on their last legs as well. We could end up in the Guiness book of records for the youngest ever 3rd division team soon.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dave the Gaffer said:

I was wondering when and from whom the first criticism of us actually signing a player would come. Well done.

Now I'm waiting for the "my mate's a Villa fan and he says he's shit" posting. As night follows day...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here