Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Willaims To Join

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Icy Gull said:
Well I sincerely hope that you turn out to be right...oh no hang on :lol:

Why laugh, I do still feel more positive despite losing the last 3 games to teams above us doing well. Wilkins has been in charge for a fairly short period during which we've had 2 games a week. Be nice for him to have a full week to work with the players without having to prepare quickly for the next match and have to travel etc!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So I guess he'll partner Revelland drop Hart back into midfield, or will he do a MM and put Hart in Goal, Revell Left Back, Mayo upfront with the new dude?

_wilka_ said:
Any of the Wrexham fans who post on here have an opinion on him???

I'll tell you what I told them on NSP

When we had him last season he played with another loan striker (Matt Derbyshire from Blackburn) Sam Williams got 2 goals, Derbyshire got 10.
He is lightweight but with a decent touch, it was probably too physical for him in League Two.
Should maybe play in midfield rather than up front.

Here are some quotes from Red Passion……
“Didn't seem terrible when we had him, don't expect him to bang the goals in though.”
“he's got nice hair.
“90% of the time he was piss poor,”
“i thought that he never looked like he wanted to be at the club,”
“He'll probably never make it at Villa or even in the Championship. I'll be suprised if he can make any kind of impact in league 1 to be honest.”
“quite hard but never looked like scoring.”
“He hardly set league 2 on fire so I would be amazed if he did anything in league 1.”

Sorry, but don't expect too much of this.....
:goal:
We wanted to keep Derbyshire, we didn't want to keep Williams - enough said really?
I hope I'm wrong mates, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seagullible said:
Why laugh, I do still feel more positive despite losing the last 3 games to teams above us doing well. Wilkins has been in charge for a fairly short period during which we've had 2 games a week. Be nice for him to have a full week to work with the players without having to prepare quickly for the next match and have to travel etc!

I was laughing only because it might prove me wrong if we do better without McGhee...hence the use of hang on and the smiley.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It was obvious at Yeovil that we needed something up front. It's only a month, so if he's no good we can get rid. Hopefully he'll be exactly what we need though.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Watched Williams a few times at Wrexham last season and was very impressed by his speed and passing ....

Shame we didn't get Matty Derbyshire, who was even more impressive

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
The way i read it, he was a midfielder last season then was converted to a striker cos of an injury crisis. Where did he play for Wrexham, up front or midfield? 2 in 15 ain't bad for a midfielder.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Don Tmatter said:
The way i read it, he was a midfielder last season then was converted to a striker cos of an injury crisis. Where did he play for Wrexham, up front or midfield? 2 in 15 ain't bad for a midfielder.
Played up front for Wrexham by the sound of things.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
played jusr off the front man at Wrexham.... like CKR should have done, but not half as skillful as CKR

I HATE MCGHEE!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here