Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Willaims To Join

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
The only two on Saturday will be the two fingers I give you if I see you cottaging at the Gents bogs again :angry: :angry: :angry:

Really takes one to know one young man :love:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Icy Gull said:
The reality is that at the moment we are a little club with dwindling support, too many abusive over expectant moany fans, playing in a shitty ground in a shitty league. "The Falmer is just on the horizon" claim is now like the lad who cried wolf too many times, no half intelligent decent player in his prime is going to be fooled by it anymore and hence won't want to come here.

Adams and Taylor could use Falmer and the resurgence up the leagues as a carrot and the board did invest money in those days which no longer happens. The reverse in fact because anyone who is consistently good is sold.

Anyone who expects good established players to come here at the moment is dreaming, it ain't gonna happen, we are not an attractive proposition and fans who have been booing and slagging players and managers off are only making it worse.

We are due a run of being crap, every other team has one and now it's us again until Falmer and investors are really done and dusted.

Far from being big boys in this league as so many said early season, we are probably a less attractive proposition to players than newcomers like Yeovil :down:

I'm just glad we've managed to attract a forward from a league club
:clap: :clap:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
You make me sick you filthy degenerate :angry: :angry: :angry:

I :love: you when you are angry

Stumpy Tim

It seems to have escaped everybody's notice that he scored 2 in 15 games for Wrexham when he was a midfielder. Since then he's been put up-front & has been much more successful there. Completely different position from where he played at Wrexham surely???

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Jimmy Saville said:
This does puzzle me. Mickey Adams was able to sign loan players like Cullip and Lewis - experienced players. We need a young unproven centre forward as much as we need a proven goalkeeper or a mid to late thirtysomething centre half.

Excellent post, except ...

Cullip wasn't very experienced when we signed him, he'd been out virtually a year having done his cruciate, and

Lewis was a Taylor signing, and also a bad injury record.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Stumpy Tim said:
It seems to have escaped everybody's notice that he scored 2 in 15 games for Wrexham when he was a midfielder. Since then he's been put up-front & has been much more successful there. Completely different position from where he played at Wrexham surely???

well put :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Albion have finally landed a target man to bolster their attacking options.

Aston Villa teenager Sam Williams will agree a one-month loan deal today and goes straight into the side against Chesterfield at Withdean tomorrow.

The Seagulls will be hoping Welshman Williams makes an instant impact, just as he did for Wrexham last season.
continued...

The 19-year-old, who comes with a recommendation from former Albion manager Micky Adams, scored on his debut for the League Two club during a three-month loan stint earlier this year and finished with two goals in 14 starts and one substitute appearance.

Albion's caretaker assistant Dean White revealed: "I went to see him play on Monday night against Charlton at Gravesend in a Premier League reserve game and I thought he will do us.

"He is a 6ft 2in target man, which is what we have been crying out for.

"He is only young but Wrexham loved him. I spoke to Micky and he asked his staff at Coventry about him. They said if you can get him take him.

"Everyone I have spoken to says he is a decent lad. He has scored a few goals in Villa's reserves and we are looking forward to him showing what he can do."

Williams, a defensive midfielder before Villa converted him into a forward at the start of last season due to an injury crisis, said: "It could be a good move for me.

"There aren't as many reserve games this season, so this is the chance to get regular football.

"Wrexham went well for me last season and I think it really helped me develop as a player. There's no substitute for playing first team football."

Williams will be with Albion until the trip to Huddersfield on October 28. He joins a side desperate to make amends for a hat-trick of defeats under caretaker manager Dean Wilkins and White since they started with seven points from a possible nine.

Defender Adam El-Abd insisted: "There's no reason to look any further than those two. Okay, the results haven't quite gone our way but we performed really well at Southend in the Cup and Carlisle was a one-off, a bad day at the office.

"Against Yeovil we actually played quite well, although we didn't create a lot. The management can't do anything about individuals making mistakes that are costing us goals.

"The preparation is spot-on. They can't have done any more than they have. I think it's time for all the players to look at themselves and hopefully put it right. It's time to stand up and be counted."

Striker Alex Revell, who could partner Williams tomorrow, said: "We need to get a result and we're all desperate to turn it around. The last two results have not been what we wanted.

"It's nice to be back at home again after two long away trips and all the lads want Dean and Dean to get the job.

"We can see in training everyone improving. For some reason it hasn't quite clicked in the last two games.

"When they first took charge we had a great result at Millwall and should have beaten Bournemouth, then we beat Leyton Orient.

"We are maybe trying too hard for them to get the job. We need to relax and get back to the way we were when they first took over."

Slightly concerning that he's only been playing up front for a year, me thinks, but i guess you never know!

???

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
watsongooal said:
I cant believe peopleon here are slagging the lad off already!!!

What bunch of stupid ****s!!!!!!!!!!!

He hasnt even played yet. We must have the most depressing f***ing fans in football.

I have to agree!

Sounds like we got our target man! (for a month anyay :clap2: )

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
will make opinion after seeing him play , my first thoughts are another young kid of which we have plenty and didnt do much at Wrexham. but , we'll see .....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Icy Gull said:
too many abusive over expectant moany fans,

Dont put yourself down mate

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Icy Gull said:
I was thinking of you actually :lol:

ME!!!

I am very positive about our team as I have no expectations.

I do not expect anything this year at all ( I have had that thought hammered out of me after watching what we have had to watch for the last couple of years)

In fact, i am of the opinion that we will drop out of this division ( but that is a personal opinion based on what I have seen so far)

I am not 100% convinced that would be a bad thing either. Our youngsters would obviously look better, we would not have to pay out large salaries, we could cut back on staff at the club and pair to the bone, which would give us more money to spend at falmer.....ie we could be able to afford a couple more bars on the concourse!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:
ME!!!

IIn fact, i am of the opinion that we will drop out of this division ( but that is a personal opinion based on what I have seen so far)
:

So am I now, but I was reasonably optimistic about our season until the fans drove our manager out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seagullible said:
funny, i feel the other way round. was gonna stop going until that jocko clown went. now feel much more positive about the club

Well I sincerely hope that you turn out to be right...oh no hang on :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here