Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Allardyce...legend

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
West Ham chairman David Gold was on talksport yesterday. He quoted

Sam is a skilled manager and tactician. What he achieved at Bolton was key in employing him. Was worried about the style of football Sam would play but Sam has reassured him he will play the right football to win the football match. If he thinks long ball is required, he will play long ball.

Take note Gustavo :glare:

MRWHU

Oct 25, 2011
Pretty football? I didn't see any pretty football from Brighton.

I saw lots of passing it across the back and one shot on target from a half chance.

Similarly, I don't see any long ball football from West Ham - I see percentages football. Totally different concept.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
There's no rush mate, Gus's style will pay off eventually. You can't rush genius. Gus is a genius.
Exactly.

When Nolan is more than likely on the wages of about half of our ENTIRE squad :shrug:

Imagine if we could afford anyone and Gus bought in all the players he truly wanted. We would be unbeatable. (after a few defeats and a draw or two!)

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
long ball when needed = 2nd in table

pretty football regardless = 10th

I think where you are is because of the quality you have in your side and the reality is with a better manager you would be walking this division.

It's a shame that a club with such a tradition of playing the game the right way has been reduced to a Bolton style of play.

Am sure you will go up without any problems but beyond that not sure big Sam will be the answer

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

He has quality players who will make it work but, just as when he was at Bolton, Allardyce's "shrewd tactics" are to employ the long ball from kick off to final whistle in every game. If it's what you want to watch then fine. It's not guaranteed to succeed as many managers at all levels can attest but when it's done well it is effective and if all you want is a result then enjoy. I've been a fan for enough years and I am sufficiently unpartizan to actually prefer to watch a passing game and take pleasure in the football as well as the outcome

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Lets be honest, it's winning them games and that's all that counts for now, it's not the most entertaining football but it's got them in second.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's a nothing comment really - you win by what ever means necessary , every team know that - work out the Opposition and find the way to beat their play.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

Nothing to do with income is it, football I mean? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here