Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Allardyce...legend

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Allardyce is another George Graham in as much he is tolerated so long as he is winning.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sam Allardyce...legend

Sorry it is probably just me but this 'legend', can you roll off the pots he's won to get this God like status please?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
It's a nothing comment really - you win by what ever means necessary , every team know that - work out the Opposition and find the way to beat their play.

Bang on the money.

But the meat of the matter is this: Show me an Albion fan who'd sooner have Allardyce at the helm than Poyet

Bang on the money.

But the meat of the matter is this: Show me an Albion fan who'd sooner have Allardyce at the helm than Poyet

I wonder how many West Ham fans would rather have Gus in charge? With the same squad and quality of player they would defiantly be right up there!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Pretty football? I didn't see any pretty football from Brighton.

I saw lots of passing it across the back and one shot on target from a half chance.

Similarly, I don't see any long ball football from West Ham - I see percentages football. Totally different concept.

This post makes me very sad. I respect West Ham fans for sticking by their desire for decent football. You can call it what you like but it goes against the culture of West Ham.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
long ball when needed = 2nd in table

pretty football regardless = 10th

Lets have this chat again after England v Spain tomorrow evening.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
With the players WH have, it's embarrassing that they have to resort to "percentages" football. They should be able to walk this division playing "passing" football.

Still, that utter fat prick Allardyce would win La Liga every season with Real Madrid, remember.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Allardyce is an absolute joke in the footballing world.

He's not a joke, he does a job and is fairly good at what he does. I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Albion though.

With the players WH have, it's embarrassing that they have to resort to "percentages" football. They should be able to walk this division playing "passing" football.

Exactly. If Gus was in charge they would be in as good, if not a better position than they are now, and they would be playing entertaining, passing, attacking football. Allardyce will probably get them up so he'll be tolerated for a bit, but I cant see him lasting long in the Premier League with them. West Ham fans generally have even more deluded expectations than Spurs fans.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Haha legend, couldn't get a job in premier league but still thinks he could manage England/Madrid/Barca. Embarrassing that he has got that squad playing hoof ball

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If West Ham had set their stall out to play pretty football and brought in a manager of similar standing but known for his pretty football, I'd say West Ham would either be running away with it or it would have gone horribly horribly wrong by now. So the board went for the sensible option - they brought in a tried and tested hoof merchant known for his excellent organisational skills and decent track record. To be fair to Allardyce, he's taken on a job that could easily have left his career in tatters if his expensive squad had played boringly *without* the results.

But lets not pretend his budget is anything other than MILES bigger than ours, eh.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"Was worried about the style of football Sam would play but Sam has reassured him he will play the right football to win the football match. If he thinks long ball is required, he will play long ball."
WTF? Gold was worried about the style of football, and Sam reassured him that he couldn't give a shit about the style. How is that reassuring?

long ball when needed = 2nd in table

pretty football regardless = 10th
Have you not noticed that West Ham's team cost a little more than ours to put together, and has higher league experience?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I've always mistrusted the media sterotype of cheeky cockneys going to West Ham and demanding champagne football.

I'm being proved right in that this season. :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Show me an Albion fan who'd sooner have Allardyce at the helm than Poyet
If we were 2nd in this division under Fat Sam then Albion fans, by and large, would be happy.
Yes, but if we had Fat Sam, we wouldn't be second, because we don't have as good a squad as West Ham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here