Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saints tickets - available from 5.00 pm ? (merged threads)

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Tried again this morning in vague hope. Still sticks in payment processing. Busted.

Shammo

Jan 31, 2005
Burgess Hill
I've logged in this morning and got this messaage..........A maximum of 1 tickets for Southampton v BHAFC can be purchased. Customer xxxxxxx (number removed!) currently has 4 currently purchased or booked for Southampton v BHAFC. Does this mean that the transaction has gone through???

This time I manage to log on properly and get all the way through the process to the Checkout. Debit Card details are entered successfully. I tick the box, accepting the terms and conditions, confirm payment, am told to be prepared to wait for up to one minute before the transaction is completed. After about 15 seconds, a screen with this message appears:-

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

When I try again, the move to the Checkout delivers me this message:-

"•Customer 5000XXXX cannot be found. You will need to reallocate these items to another customer or remove from the basket before proceeding to checkout".

Have I succeeded in getting a ticket? I guess I'll have to join the queue to phone up the Ticket Office.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
I'm at college today. If I dont get one cause of this cock up I will be so pissed off.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Glad I cant go to this one.

Still cant work out what is so difficult about selling tickets. The club really are shocking at this. And where is the thinking behind someone who has been to every away game this season being in exactly the same loyalty window as someone who hasn't been to any? Who thinks this up? It's odd, it really is.

........... And where is the thinking behind someone who has been to every away game this season being in exactly the same loyalty window as someone who hasn't been to any? Who thinks this up? It's odd, it really is.

Because the loyalty points scheme/system is designed to "reward" fans who have put money into the club; it's got nothing particularly to do with away attendence. You could even argue that awarding 10pts for an away game (as for home games at the Amex) is disproportionate on this basis because BHA only receive 5 or 10% of the away ticket price (I can't remember which).

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Because the loyalty points scheme/system is designed to "reward" fans who have put money into the club; it's got nothing particularly to do with away attendence. You could even argue that awarding 10pts for an away game (as for home games at the Amex) is disproportionate on this basis because BHA only receive 5 or 10% of the away ticket price (I can't remember which).

I agree with that about loyalty 100%, but I don't think BHA get anything at all from away ticket sales.

Just bought my tickets, and when that system is working, it is a very neat slick system, especially when buying a block of tickets with friends etc. I wonder why it seems so prone to crashing?

I agree with that about loyalty 100%, but I don't think BHA get anything at all from away ticket sales.

Just bought my tickets, and when that system is working, it is a very neat slick system, especially when buying a block of tickets with friends etc. I wonder why it seems so prone to crashing?

I think the away team now gets a %age to cover their admin costs in selling the tickets.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
I've just managed to go straight in to purchase ticket and checkout with no problems so hopefully all working OK now for the rest of you.
Email confirmation received as well :smile:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

No you're missing my point. I am a season ticket holder so have 1000 loyalty points to begin with. I've been to every home cup game so far this season so have the maximum loyalty points for that. So in effect, I couldn't have put any more money into the club unless I had been a Withdean STH or 1901. I've been to about 4 or 5 away games as well. Yet I am in the same loyalty bracket as someone who has an Amex season ticket but hasn't been to any of the home cup games or any away games

It doesn't matter as a) I cant go and b) you can always get whatever tickets you want anyway, but I'm just confused as to the thinking behind it. Surely there should first be a window for the 1901ers and the Withdean STH. Then the Amex STH who have been to home cup games and some away games. Then the Amex STH who haven't, then everyone else?

Otherwise, what was the point in the loyatly system? They may just as well have said tickets are available to any STH first, then everyone else later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here