Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saints tickets - available from 5.00 pm ? (merged threads)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just purchased 5 OK on-line

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
No you're missing my point. I am a season ticket holder so have 1000 loyalty points to begin with. I've been to every home cup game so far this season so have the maximum loyalty points for that. So in effect, I couldn't have put any more money into the club unless I had been a Withdean STH or 1901. I've been to about 4 or 5 away games as well. Yet I am in the same loyalty bracket as someone who has an Amex season ticket but hasn't been to any of the home cup games or any away games

It doesn't matter as a) I cant go and b) you can always get whatever tickets you want anyway, but I'm just confused as to the thinking behind it. Surely there should first be a window for the 1901ers and the Withdean STH. Then the Amex STH who have been to home cup games and some away games. Then the Amex STH who haven't, then everyone else?

Otherwise, what was the point in the loyatly system? They may just as well have said tickets are available to any STH first, then everyone else later.

'Unless I had been a Withdean STH'
Pathetic, had a season ticket for 3 months & think you can call the shots...Please get to the back of the queue & be quiet til you've 5 or 10 STH years behind you

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Well 24 hours and 30 minutes after first logging on, I've got SCC tickets.

Still quicker than buying on the phone.

No you're missing my point. I am a season ticket holder so have 1000 loyalty points to begin with. I've been to every home cup game so far this season so have the maximum loyalty points for that. So in effect, I couldn't have put any more money into the club unless I had been a Withdean STH or 1901. I've been to about 4 or 5 away games as well. Yet I am in the same loyalty bracket as someone who has an Amex season ticket but hasn't been to any of the home cup games or any away games

It doesn't matter as a) I cant go and b) you can always get whatever tickets you want anyway, but I'm just confused as to the thinking behind it. Surely there should first be a window for the 1901ers and the Withdean STH. Then the Amex STH who have been to home cup games and some away games. Then the Amex STH who haven't, then everyone else?

Otherwise, what was the point in the loyatly system? They may just as well have said tickets are available to any STH first, then everyone else later.

There are three tiers for the Scummer's game:
1) Current STH and 1901 Club members who were STH's in the last year at Withdean - from 30 Oct.
2) Current STH and 1901 Club members who weren't STH's in the last year at Withdean - from 4 Nov.
3) Non STH's with 50pts or over - from 7 Nov.

I really don't see the problem with being in Cat 2 as is? How complicated do you want to make this?

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire

I see you're coming in for some flack, so for what it's worth...... I wholeheartedly agree with you. I hope the Club come up with an extra tier for Palarse away. We've been to all bar 2 (away) games this season and yet we're no better off than somebody who has a Season Ticket and pops along to the home games.
Having said that, the only 'all ticket game' that I've failed to get to was way back in 1983 - the FA Cup Final :-(

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
This is my response from an email that I sent last night (btw I wasn't moaning in any way, just stating my opinion)

Hi Michael,

thanks for your comments re the points allocation for the Southampton game.

I take your comments and board and when we next go on sale with a big game we may well change the levels. The problem is we will never be able to please everyone. In the past when we had gone on sale with more dates and points totals (for example the Portsmouth game) the sales were very slow so we thought we would try to lump them together for this one.

We were originally going to stagger sales for those who had attended more Away games but then you get into the realm of Southampton being a local game and many fans saying that they are unable to travel to the further away games and so we were penalising them. Or you get a fan who has been to 5 away games (1,050 points) and we say the total is 1060 feeling put out that they get lumped in with the next level.

The loyalty points process is a learning curve for all involved and after the sales process has finished we will look again at how the process went and take on board feedback from fans.

all the best

Rowan

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
This is my response from an email that I sent last night (btw I wasn't moaning in any way, just stating my opinion)

Hi Michael,

thanks for your comments re the points allocation for the Southampton game.

I take your comments and board and when we next go on sale with a big game we may well change the levels. The problem is we will never be able to please everyone. In the past when we had gone on sale with more dates and points totals (for example the Portsmouth game) the sales were very slow so we thought we would try to lump them together for this one.

We were originally going to stagger sales for those who had attended more Away games but then you get into the realm of Southampton being a local game and many fans saying that they are unable to travel to the further away games and so we were penalising them. Or you get a fan who has been to 5 away games (1,050 points) and we say the total is 1060 feeling put out that they get lumped in with the next level.

The loyalty points process is a learning curve for all involved and after the sales process has finished we will look again at how the process went and take on board feedback from fans.

all the best

Rowan

This loyalty point system is a complete farce. The gold/white and blue membership was easy to follow and straight forward for buying tickets- with it you knew what your purchasing power was for the whole season. It would make for a much better system. If the club wanted to reward Withdean STH a fourth category could be added.
Getting the odd ten points for this and ten for that is ridiculous.
I watch a lot of live music and if tickets go on sale for a band that may sell out I have to act quickly or tough shit. I dont get points for seing the band in the past or watching them in a city elsewhere. Why is football different

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This loyalty point system is a complete farce. The gold/white and blue membership was easy to follow and straight forward for buying tickets- with it you knew what your purchasing power was for the whole season. It would make for a much better system. If the club wanted to reward Withdean STH a fourth category could be added.
Getting the odd ten points for this and ten for that is ridiculous.
I watch a lot of live music and if tickets go on sale for a band that may sell out I have to act quickly or tough shit. I dont get points for seing the band in the past or watching them in a city elsewhere. Why is football different

Football is different as many people have committed to pay a lot of money for a season ticket as opposed to a gig here and there.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Football is different as many people have committed to pay a lot of money for a season ticket as opposed to a gig here and there.

True but if you are a huge fan of a band- big or small then you will be paying out a lot of money to watch them play all over the country. Still does not give you priority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here