Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saints tickets - available from 5.00 pm ? (merged threads)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Absolute rubbish in my opinion. How can this system not be "easy to follow"? Why is it a farce? Surely having a precise number of points leaves nobody in any doubt as to who deserves tickets for big games. If one person has 1,040 points and another has 1,050 then the second person is ahead of the first in the queue. It's as simple as that, no arguing or whinging. Under the old system, we'd currently have 18,000 'gold members', ALL of whom would be equally worthy of a ticket. How do you dish the 2,500 Palace tickets out in that case? You can't. Let's be honest, Palace is the only game where this matters, so as long as they work out exactly what the person who is 2,500th in the queue has in terms of points before that match it will work a TREAT. The old system would have been carnage.

Thats why I suggested a fourth category. Then 18,000 Gold would become 13,000 Gold and 5000 the Fourth group ( Made up of Withdean STH)

This time I manage to log on properly and get all the way through the process to the Checkout. Debit Card details are entered successfully. I tick the box, accepting the terms and conditions, confirm payment, am told to be prepared to wait for up to one minute before the transaction is completed. After about 15 seconds, a screen with this message appears:-

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

When I try again, the move to the Checkout delivers me this message:-

"•Customer 5000XXXX cannot be found. You will need to reallocate these items to another customer or remove from the basket before proceeding to checkout".

Have I succeeded in getting a ticket? I guess I'll have to join the queue to phone up the Ticket Office.
Having checked my recent purchase history and found nothing recorded, I tried again. Exactly the same thing happened as far as: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

A visit to the ticket office beckons, I fear.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
Its not really about the money for me, I feel my loyalty has come in supporting the team at Leicester etc.

I know other teams do it by previous away games attended which seems like a more suitable way of doing it to me.

I think for the Liverpool game the away fans had to have been to the last so Xamount of away games, all the fans know where they stand

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It is pretty much impossible for anybody to move up a group, as the points per game are of too little value compared to the difference. But rather than slagging off "picking up 10 here and 10 there" as though it is pointless, I actually think that's the crucial bit because it determines your position within your group.

I might be misinterpreting what you're saying but the way I read it you're completely wrong.

You could have 1240 points (current season ticket and been to all additional games) or 1000 points (current season ticket holder and not gone to any additional games) and the 1240 pointer has no priority over other at all.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Isn't that effectively what we have though? The number of points issued and value of individual matches mean there are three clear groups.

1 - Withdean AND Amex STHs
2 - Amex STHs
3 - Neither of the above

It is pretty much impossible for anybody to move up a group, as the points per game are of too little value compared to the difference. But rather than slagging off "picking up 10 here and 10 there" as though it is pointless, I actually think that's the crucial bit because it determines your position within your group.

I fall into group 1 so at the start of the season I knew there were about 4,500 people on the same points as me. Under your proposed system I would be fighting ALL of them for a Palace ticket. Under the new system, I know I just need to go to more away games/home cup games than 2,000 of them to ensure I'm in the top 2,500 for Palace.

I honestly don't see the flaw in this whatsoever.

Yes. I can see what you are saying but I personally liked being a gold member last season knowing I would have the opportunity to priority book without having to look or think about points. I paid ten pounds for my daughter to be a blue member a few seasons back so she could go to some less popular away matches. Our positions did not change over the course of the season and we were able to get the tickets we wanted. It was simple and no one complained. I kept an eye out on the website and managed to get most of the tickets i wanted.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
Well that is true in this case. But that's because, in my opinion, Southampton is not a HUGE game and the club know that everybody who wants a ticket will get one. I wouldn't be surprised if they're using this as a test of the system more than anything. It doesn't really matter about the larger gaps between the levels of points required. I'm talking about the situation generally and for the genuinely big games, which is only likely to be Palace/a big cup draw/promotion or relegation decider, where tickets really will be at a premium and in those cases I am certain we will see the buying process stretched out with far more groups so that people do get priority over those who are even just behind them. At a guess, I'd expect the Palace sale to look something like:

First batch - 1,300 points
Second - 1,250
Third 1,100
Fourth - 1,050
Fifth - 1,000
Anyone else

something like this is suitable IMO, having a few days for each batch, instead of a week

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The biggest mistake with the points system was that they gave points for Spurs ticklets and now have removed them as apparently they shouldnt have been given in the first place, why was that?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Well that is true in this case. But that's because, in my opinion, Southampton is not a HUGE game and the club know that everybody who wants a ticket will get one. I wouldn't be surprised if they're using this as a test of the system more than anything. It doesn't really matter about the larger gaps between the levels of points required. I'm talking about the situation generally and for the genuinely big games, which is only likely to be Palace/a big cup draw/promotion or relegation decider, where tickets really will be at a premium and in those cases I am certain we will see the buying process stretched out with far more groups so that people do get priority over those who are even just behind them. At a guess, I'd expect the Palace sale to look something like:

First batch - 1,300 points
Second - 1,250
Third 1,100
Fourth - 1,050
Fifth - 1,000
Anyone else

Six Groupings!!
Tesco Clubcard is less confussing than that

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
FWIW I make TCB absolutely right on this. Sorry Mr Gas man, if you've got the mental capacity to fit a boiler you should be capable of working out your points total, or check it online.

In fact, if you're able to dress yourself and walk out the front door you should be able to work it out, it's not difficult.

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
1st time i've brought an away ticket online. (Usually get them from shop) So do they send them out to get delivered to you or do you still have to go to the shop to collect them? I know this probably sounds a silly question

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
1st time i've brought an away ticket online. (Usually get them from shop) So do they send them out to get delivered to you or do you still have to go to the shop to collect them? I know this probably sounds a silly question

Normally post them, may be a few days before the game though

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
FWIW I make TCB absolutely right on this. Sorry Mr Gas man, if you've got the mental capacity to fit a boiler you should be capable of working out your points total, or check it online.

In fact, if you're able to dress yourself and walk out the front door you should be able to work it out, it's not difficult.

Rumbled at last!
Back to Swandean driver.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

They will send them to you. Normally very quickly.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hooray, system working and have my tickets. Because of the kids, I haven't been able to go to many away games. In fact, this is my first away game since August 2006 so I'm really looking forward to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here