Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saints fan here...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
er no its not. Its next to a gas works and is walking distance from the station, shops and loads of pubs, unlike your ground which has just a university and a gym next to it.

that is true,apart from parking it's ok,as regards our new ground it is right on a train station,has plenty of bars selling real ale.it has major road links and has the largest pitch and is the most beautiful looking stadium in this country.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Er no its not. Its next to a gas works and is walking distance from the station, shops and loads of pubs, unlike your ground which has just a university and a gym next to it.

The Amex most definitely IS within walking distance of shops and loads of pubs.

True, you'd have to leave an hour earlier than normal, but you can walk there (unless, of course, you are already legless)

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
I do think this is all getting over the top. I know rivalry spices things up, but it wasn't that long ago that Southampton invited us to be the last team they played against at the Dell.

Adkins has wound up a lot of Albion fans, but has also admitted it was part of the kiddology, something Gus isn't bad at either. In fact, as it seemed to pump us up, I'd say this time his comments backfired.

But... there's no history of emnity between Saints and Albion fans. I'm not saying I like them more than other teams, but the Saints fans I play football with have long been saying they hope both our teams go up. Southampton is much nearer than Huddersfield, think of the derbies next season - Albion - Palace - Pompey - Saints. It's going to be great - some top games for Falmer.

Our rivalry has always been stronger with Pompey rather than Saints, so let's not let this all overshadow our great season. For some people it seems to be becoming more important than our outstanding Championship win.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I do think this is all getting over the top. I know rivalry spices things up, but it wasn't that long ago that Southampton invited us to be the last team they played against at the Dell.

Adkins has wound up a lot of Albion fans, but has also admitted it was part of the kiddology, something Gus isn't bad at either. In fact, as it seemed to pump us up, I'd say this time his comments backfired.

But... there's no history of emnity between Saints and Albion fans. I'm not saying I like them more than other teams, but the Saints fans I play football with have long been saying they hope both our teams go up. Southampton is much nearer than Huddersfield, think of the derbies next season - Albion - Palace - Pompey - Saints. It's going to be great - some top games for Falmer.

Our rivalry has always been stronger with Pompey rather than Saints, so let's not let this all overshadow our great season. For some people it seems to be becoming more important than our outstanding Championship win.

This!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thanks ,

Fair Play for yesterday

and RE: the Adkins/Celery stuff - again it's the whole "Pantomime Villain" stuff , no malice about it it seems

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton

I wholeheartedly agree. I found the behaviour of some of our fans yesterday excruciating.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
what is this 'consistent' shit? As the OP said, the table doesn't lie. It says that this season Brighton have been the best team in the league. Do you not agree?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
You would have thought so, but it's really just an industrial shit hole, with docks, which happens to be in the south of england.

yeah OK but ...
pozh-bloke.JPG

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Have you been to Portsmouth?

Yes I have, for the reason most people go there (apart from football) - historic dockyard/old ships, spinnaker tower, gunwaharf etc
Who has ever bothered to detour into Southampton for a day out, even when driving past? It's got nothing to offer.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
To whom are you talking?

to the OP mainly but also to anyone who congratulates Brighton and says they've been the most consistent team, rather than the best team in the league this season.

How about yourself? Wouldn't you agree that in season 2010/11 Brighton have been the best team in the league?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
to the OP mainly but also to anyone who congratulates Brighton and says they've been the most consistent team, rather than the best team in the league this season.

How about yourself? Wouldn't you agree that in season 2010/11 Brighton have been the best team in the league?

Call it most consistent call it what you want but as we can easily afford to lose our remaining games heavily and yet still be the Champions I don't think there's a lot of point in arguing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here