Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saints are alod of shit

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I wouldn't say stains are shit, but I would say that they are not as good as they think they are. They should have been out of sight by half time (similar to us away at Tranmere) and definitely started to tire around 15 mins from the end. Adkins did himself no favours at all before the game and then there is the arrogance afterwards, maybe it comes with being on the stains payroll :lolol:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
You are deluded, you drew with us 0-0 at home. You have not beaten us this season or last season. We have not lost at home we are eight points ahead of you.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Whilst I would not say Saints were shit they were no way as good as I thought they might be, in fact despite dominating the majority of the first half they were only really average at best and did not feel that troubled at all.

Anyway, I posted this on their forum:

I have read most of this thread but not all but will add an Albion perspective. You came at us more than I expected as I thought you would get men behind the ball and try and stifle us...Also, you play a bit more football now which I am guessing is due to the change in manager as last season at Withdean you were direct and very physical. But attacking us should have helped us as we could have played our game and opened your defence up in the similar vein to when Posh & Charlton came at us and we saw them both off comfortably.

The problem was we were are own worst enemies as the first half performance was the worst I have seen from us this season. We seemed to be unable to string more than 2 passes together and when we got the ball forward it was not sticking and this I put mainly down to our on-loan forward Wood. He has been borrowed from West Brom and it is clear Poyet is only doing it as a favour to his ex-Chelsea team-mate Di Matteo. As for alleged time wasting, it is just our patient game and all the time we are not losing we always play like that...Even at home! Thankfully, whilst we were woeful with the ball we were pretty good without it and were well organised and defended excellently. Saints were clearly the better team though without, in my opinion looking that great...But I was aware that if the game carried on in similar fashion then you would nick it.

As for the second half, things started looking up for us when we brought Jamie Smith for a bit of pace and you could see early on that Saints had begun to tire...This meant you were not harassing our players in possession as much anymore and we finally found space to get out passing game going and started to take control. What made it even better was that Murray soon came on and we finally had someone up-front who could hold the ball and use it...The downside of this was that Barnes had to make-way which I thought was harsh and he was clearly not happy with the decision and nor was I. Especially as Barnes is now our penalty taker. That said I could not fault Wood's penalty too much (even scored a good one on Saturday) as he struck it well and into the corner but Davies' save was amazing.

It seemed following the penalty you had the air of a team who had just got out of jail and with us controlling the game more you seemed resigned for trying to take a point...Especially as Davies decided to start taking his time with the goal-kicks. Murray was a constant menace proved that your no 15 (much like he was at Withdean last season) is not very good...Had we had Murray on from the start and putting him under pressure from minute one we might have got more joy in the first half. I was also extremely happy when Barnard went off as he always scores against us!!

All in all, I cannot be too disappointed considering how truly terrible we were in the first period and I will always take a draw as a minimum from an away game no matter who we play...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What the f*** are you lot on about. We battered you in the first have and could easily have been 2 or 3 up. Plenty of you on this forum agree that you havent been battered like that all season. Oh and we had a blatant penalty appeal turned down.

Trust me, we'll be above you come May one way or another.

Serously Pal, what the F**k are you on about. You came up tonight against a severely depeleted Midfield. Our first choice midlfielder, navarro out long term injured, his replacement Bridcutt was suspended. Free scoring Sparrow out injured. And whilst you dominated midfield in first half, you could not get past a much better defence than your own.

You played us at the optimum time. Weakened.

Full strength Southampton played as well as they have all season, at home against a severely depleted Albion side who were having a very off night, with passes going astray.

AND YET YOU STILL COULDN'T WIN :laugh:

You are no better than Woking :laugh: :lolol: :lol:

One day you might realise that midfield possesion wins you f**k all. Goals scored and goals saved does.

Our own poor display from our depleted midfield flattered your direct football, but our defence is better than yours.

Your very best couldn't beat our worst.......... I'd start hoping for an easy Play off tie. (if you can make into the play off spots??)

The table doesn't lie, thats why we're top :ascarf: and your only 7th :tosser:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The funny thing is they're all accusing Albion of time-wasting and being really defensive which actually doesn't give their own team proper credit for an exceptional first half hour. We all know Gus likes to attack - we were just pinned back and unable to get decent possession, rather than it being a deliberate ploy. Sure, Ankergren was taking his time but no more than any keeper ever does away from home. The only blatant time-wasting was Barnes at the substitution... note to other clubs: keeping the ball is not 'time-wasting". The game's active. You can try to get it.

However, by weathering that storm and having the balls to play as we did in the second half, we showed why we're top of the table.

Saints seem to be making the same mistake that Reading did a few years back when we beat them to the title. They are basing their confidence on having the highest wage bill and a handful of star performers. We are basing our confidence on the standard of football being played under Gus and Tanno, not just this season but since about March.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was really odd that the muppets were booing Ank every goal kick for absolutely no reason. Idiots. That just shows their arrogance in itself.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i have NO IDEA which game some people were watching but JAIDI was IMMENSE in the first half.

He didnt lose a single header.

2nd half he struggled a little when run at directly but he certainly wasnt bad by any means.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
hahahaha - still upset you didn't win your cup final - bless. I wondered when you'd pop uo on here with your controversial bullshit excuses. You opitimise everything most Albion fans hate about the South Coast Club - f***ing arrogance.

0 - 0 in your cup final :laugh: Against the weakest team we've played all season too - 4 MASSIVE injuries and a suspension - that's 5 players out - 4 of which may well have started.

Empty seats everywhere and completely outsung - sounds like a normal trip to St Marys to me.

Our cup final. Are you kidding me.:laugh:

I'm really not sure you are in a position to laugh at our attendances. I can point to several games in this, a league one season, where our attendance is well over what will be your maximum at Falmer.

and as for home fans singing??? :laugh: I sat in your South stand for the Alb v Saints game in April. You had a pocket of about 20 chavvy kids standing up singing the same old unoriginal chants that every club sings - and they were the only people singing. In fact I would say this about all the Withdean games I've been to over the last few years.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
It was really odd that the muppets were booing Ank every goal kick for absolutely no reason. Idiots. That just shows their arrogance in itself.

The consensus amongst Saints fans was that he was a particularly shit keeper who kept kicking it out.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Our cup final. Are you kidding me.:laugh:

I'm really not sure you are in a position to laugh at our attendances. I can point to several games in this, a league one season, where our attendance is well over what will be your maximum at Falmer.

and as for home fans singing??? :laugh: I sat in your South stand for the Alb v Saints game in April. You had a pocket of about 20 chavvy kids standing up singing the same old unoriginal chants that every club sings - and they were the only people singing. In fact I would say this about all the Withdean games I've been to over the last few years.

And once again you've shown you know nothing about football / history to compare Withdean to a proper stadium (tho I dont like your stadium - it's bland and boring). It's just funny how you'd said you'd sold out in the home end and HADN'T by THOUSANDS.

Unlucky - You drew your cup final and support a horrible wanky cheating arrogant club :)

Alex

Nov 3, 2010
hahahaha - still upset you didn't win your cup final - bless. I wondered when you'd pop uo on here with your controversial bullshit excuses. You opitimise everything most Albion fans hate about the South Coast Club - f***ing arrogance.

0 - 0 in your cup final :laugh: Against the weakest team we've played all season too - 4 MASSIVE injuries and a suspension - that's 5 players out - 4 of which may well have started.

Empty seats everywhere and completely outsung - sounds like a normal trip to St Marys to me.

Empty seats everywhere, yet an attendance much bigger than you can dream of even at your NEW stadium. Nice one mate, really clever. Outsung? My f***ing arse. That's why you have a thread somewhere else with your fans saying you were outsung. Again - nice one.

Stains.. Nice to see you care about us enough to give us a cute little nickname. Tinpot club.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
PS - If you're trying to suggest it was OUR cup final you're clearly deluded. Just another game at a bland stadium for us. WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Empty seats everywhere, yet an attendance much bigger than you can dream of even at your NEW stadium. Nice one mate, really clever. Outsung? My f***ing arse. That's why you have a thread somewhere else with your fans saying you were outsung. Again - nice one.

Stains.. Nice to see you care about us enough to give us a cute little nickname. Tinpot club.

Where did I say STAINS? Nope not all our fans say we were outsung (we weren;'t at all but should have been looking at the numbers). And I reffer you to above post where your fans had been saying it was sold out etc - keep dreaming.

Discusting cheating arrogant twat club.

Alex

Nov 3, 2010
Where did I say STAINS? Nope not all our fans say we were outsung (we weren;'t at all but should have been looking at the numbers). And I reffer you to above post where your fans had been saying it was sold out etc - keep dreaming.

Discusting cheating arrogant twat club.

Well I don't know who said it would sell out because it never was going to. How you can criticise 26,000 for a League One midweek game is beyond me..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The consensus amongst Saints fans was that he was a particularly shit keeper who kept kicking it out.

Yeah but what the f*** do you guys know? You have the most one eyed fans in the division, suprised you don't all get in for half price as you only seem to see one team anyway. The arrogance in thinking you are gonna end up above us when you couldn't even take advantage of us having a blip, whilst you were on your hottest home run for 30 years is laughable. You are EIGHT points behind, you blew the best chance you are likely to get to close the gap. Time to show some f***ing humility to your betters :lolol:

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Southampton fans are delusional, Ankergren's goal kicks have been like that all season. What he does is looks for a pass out to the centre halfs, which the two strikers were closing down eveytime. Once the options wern't there he then sets up for the goal kick. This was about the same amount of time that Davies took to set up his goal kick yet they seem to think he was time wasting, idiots

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I'm mates with Adam, he was my bros best friend at school.

A few years ago Dean Wilkins agreed a loan move for him to come here, Dick Knight blocked it due to disagreements over % of wages that would be paid.

Shame, he's now best midfielder in the league. Probably not for long tho.....A lot of premiership teams are sniffing around....Birmingham look the most likely in Jan

Really? Gutted we didn't get him then. He is by far the best midfielder in the division, much better than Boyd. He looked good when they were in the championship and he was just a kid. Seemed to be the only real threat from them last night. How come he is still at Stains? There have been rumours down here about him going to a big club for years

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What the f*** are you lot on about. We battered you in the first have and could easily have been 2 or 3 up. Plenty of you on this forum agree that you havent been battered like that all season. Oh and we had a blatant penalty appeal turned down.

Trust me, we'll be above you come May one way or another.
You could have been 2-3 nil up?
With what chances? You had maybe one presentable chance when Lambert headed wide.
The fact you think that was a blatant penalty discredits anything else you might say. It was nothing, even the enormous homer of a ref couldn't give that.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Jaidi must be the biggest load of crap centre half i've seen all season. In fact there wasn't one Southampton player who i thought i'd want in our team.
Maybe Lambert for his goals but other than him they're all very average league one players.

this is truly laughable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here