Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saints are alod of shit

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's simple.

Saints were at their best, we were at our worst, and they still weren't good enough to beat us, at home. That's all there is to say about this game.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Empty seats everywhere, yet an attendance much bigger than you can dream of even at your NEW stadium. Nice one mate, really clever. Outsung? My f***ing arse. That's why you have a thread somewhere else with your fans saying you were outsung. Again - nice one.

Stains.. Nice to see you care about us enough to give us a cute little nickname. Tinpot club.

If you actually knew anything about falmer you would know that future expansion to capacity is actually built in to take capacity up to around 32000 or maybe a little more, oh and it is state of the art and not a bland bowl like st marys. But then why would STAINS want to deal in cold hard facts eh :laugh:

Seems like your :tosser: of a manager cares way too much about us "if Brighton can keep up" is without doubt the ramblings of a jumped up physio who's taken a step too far and is out if his depth, just you wait and see - he is clearly deluded, for us to "keep up" with you, firstly you need to have MORE points than us which you clearly do not and don't look like doing any time soon!

Why can't your lot just man up and admit you had the chances to beat us and beat us well but you choked when faced with the league leaders, you moan that we time waste when the ball is in play, that's not what you're used to so you complain we cheated. Awww bless xxx

Thought you were meant to have caught us by last night and were going to go top by beating us last night, what a joke of a dream that was for the massive club in league 1 and it's us that's tinpot!

:wave:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Jaidi must be the biggest load of crap centre half i've seen all season. In fact there wasn't one Southampton player who i thought i'd want in our team.
Maybe Lambert for his goals but other than him they're all very average league one players.

Not sure about that. While I don't rate Jaidi or Lambert at all, I would happily take their keeper Davis, Lallana, Schneiderlin, Chamberlain, Fonte and Barnard from them!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Really? Gutted we didn't get him then. He is by far the best midfielder in the division, much better than Boyd. He looked good when they were in the championship and he was just a kid. Seemed to be the only real threat from them last night. How come he is still at Stains? There have been rumours down here about him going to a big club for years

I remember a few years ago, Walcott was asked who the best player he has ever played with is and he said Lalana (probably just doing Adam a favour but an interesting one)

The reason he hasn't moved is that he's a down-to-earth kid, living in Bournemouth, learning his trade - raised the proper way like all the saints youngsters (Walcott/Bale etc)

The time has come now for a step up to the premiership....80% certainty he will be in the prem this time next year.

Last edited:

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
not sure why everyone is bothered arguing with these Stains wankers - we all know they love bumming their mums.

We are top of the league!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I remember a few years ago, Walcott was asked who the best player he has ever played with is and he said Lalana (probably just doing Adam a favour but an interesting one)

The reason he hasn't moved is that he's a down-to-earth kid, living in Bournemouth, learning his trade - raised the proper way like all the saints youngsters (Walcott/Bale etc)

The time has come now for a step up to the premiership....80% certainty he will be in the prem this time next year.

Can't stand them and they've generally been run very poorly as a business for years but they definately do something right with their youth system when you look at the players they have brought through in the last 25 years or so. If it wasn't for that youth system they probably would have gone under years ago

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Interesting thing re the 1st half is that despite Saints putting us under pressure and being the better side we musn't forget how f***ing well we defended as a team - Our defence was the best thing on the pitch in that half...

RedNob and Alex are getting OWNED again. Typical arrogant skummers.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
South Coast Club-

Same ground as Middlesborough, Reading, Hull, Cardiff, MK Dons- Soulless Bowl.

Fans are delusional.. Feel they are still a Premiership team and go off crying every time they don't win.

Spent an outrageous amount on players- Lambert and Puncheon, for instance probably cost more than we've spent in the last 5 years. Also signing players with huge wages such as Jaidi and having nothing to show for it, aswell as probably a huge compensation deal for Adkins- a man with zero class, that is also an incrediby average manager.

It's outrageous to say they are shit- Schneiderlin, Lallana, Davis, Lambert (on form) and Jose Fonte are Championship quality players, and Chamberlain is a great prospect.

But they are a disgusting club, with no morals, no class and the majority of their fans are stuck up arseholes that think they are 10 times better than every team in the league.

Saints fans, it's time to face the truth. PORTSMOUTH, BRIGHTON & BOURNEMOUTH are ahead of you. You're just another League One side these days, aswell as the lowest ranked team on the South Coast. Fact.

SaintlySaint

Nov 24, 2010
Hello.

I've felt it necessary to register for this forum just to clarify a few things.

1) Not all Saints fans are arrogant. We have high expectations and we were a top-flight team for a long time, so we have a lot of quite annoyed and frustrated fans who feel we should be above L1. Personally, I don't think that.
2) Last night wasn't our 'cup final'. It was a home game against a fellow South Coast side with no animosity involved, when both teams are on form and playing well. Lots of us had this game marked down as a big one right at the start of the season before we even knew how things would pan out over the start of the season.
3) Fair play to your support, you were very loud all game (even if you do only have two songs consisting of one word each!) and were a credit to your team.
4) Why are we being called scummers? Didn't think there was any kind of rivalry to speak of between us, and Bournemouth as well, who we actually held benefit games for when they were in the financial sh!t a few years ago.
5) As a rule, any Saints fan that registers on another team's board is a complete tool. Myself included ;)
6) Sheebo, you're coming across as a bit of a cunt.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Saints were the best side we've played this season. They penned us back for the first 40 minutes very well. Jaidi won everything in the air.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Saints were the best side we've played this season. They penned us back for the first 40 minutes very well. Jaidi won everything in the air.

I don't think they are, Our very depleted midfield came up against a full strength team, at home in great form. Our poor play flattered them.

If we had played them 1 month ago after P'Boro, Charlton, with the full squad we would have won at a canter.

They picked the very best time to possibly play us, on the back of a blip with a weak midfield, when they had themselves hit a rich vein of form. And whilst they bossed Midfield, our defenders were immense. Greer had 2 players in his pocket. El-Abd and then Dunk were busy but comfortable.

As has been said already Saints best team and best best performance is still not good enough to beat our worst and worst performance, even when they are at home.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Let's face it, we had a very weakened team tonight. Alot of influencial players out and still, this team who spends like there's no tommorrow can't do any better than a 0-0 at home. Saints wont be our contenders this year.
Sheff wed, Charlton and Huddersfield will be who we're looking out for.
Saint's best chance will be Play-offs. Considering Dean Hammond is one of there best players tells you the gulf in quality between them and us.

Just out of interest, which teams have we played this season would you have considered better than the Saints?
You say we had a weakened side, but I think only Sparrow or Bridcut for Batti would out of choice been better, the choice of playing him instead of Smith and Wood instead of Murray was down to what Gus selected, so are you suggesting Gus picked the wrong team?.
Elphick would have made us weaker in my oppinion and I think we can forget about Lua Lua for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I don't think they are, Our very depleted midfield came up against a full strength team, at home in great form. Our poor play flattered them.

We played poorly because they did a very good job on us stopping us playing out from the back.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hello.

I've felt it necessary to register for this forum just to clarify a few things.

1) Not all Saints fans are arrogant. We have high expectations and we were a top-flight team for a long time, so we have a lot of quite annoyed and frustrated fans who feel we should be above L1. Personally, I don't think that.
2) Last night wasn't our 'cup final'. It was a home game against a fellow South Coast side with no animosity involved, when both teams are on form and playing well. Lots of us had this game marked down as a big one right at the start of the season before we even knew how things would pan out over the start of the season.
3) Fair play to your support, you were very loud all game (even if you do only have two songs consisting of one word each!) and were a credit to your team.
4) Why are we being called scummers? Didn't think there was any kind of rivalry to speak of between us, and Bournemouth as well, who we actually held benefit games for when they were in the financial sh!t a few years ago.
5) As a rule, any Saints fan that registers on another team's board is a complete tool. Myself included ;)
6) Sheebo, you're coming across as a bit of a cunt.

Right o - so you come and read this in black and white and register to spout your mouth off. A) not everything people write is their TRUE opinion - it may be to have a wind up?! B) You haven't heard the general shite that a few Saints fans have been spouting on here for months so wouldn't understand quiote why there is a little annimosity to them. C) Call me a cu.nt to my face you utter twat.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's simple.

Saints were at their best, we were at our worst, and they still weren't good enough to beat us, at home. That's all there is to say about this game.

That's all there is for YOU to say about this game, although if you think that was 'worst' you clearly weren't at Woking. We weren't at our worst yesterday, although very poor elsewhere we defended well in the first half, and then played much better after the break. We also weren't that depleted, other teams have far more players out than that, and that was no excuse. And Saints weren't at their best, because despite all their pressure the final ball and finishing wasn't there.

I think the final verdict on this will not be your rather simplistic take on the night. It will be how other teams try and play against us (which will be exactly like Saints did in the first half, only they may not be as good at it), and secondly, where Southampton eventually finish. If you offered me today finishing above them in any position, I would grab it, because I am certain that will mean finishing in the top two.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Barnard suprised me. I was expecting him to be the 'fox in the box', not the strong hold up man. Southampton were quite clearly the better team in the first half, we finished the stronger.

Lualua, Sparrow, Bridcutt and Navarro were big misses. Any one of those in the team would have given more balance to the team. Still it was a good point and keeps Southampton eight behind us with the away fixture over and done with.

A good night's work.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Saints fans keep saying they could have been out of sight by half time, but did Ankergren actually have a difficult save to make? Maybe from Lambert in the first few minutes but that was it.

Can't argue they weren't camped in our our half, but no much imagination or skill up front to actually create a clear cut chance. A turn and wayward shot by Lallallalllalala or whatever his name is was their highlight. They need to be far more clinical to be considered the best team in this league. They were clearly more pumped up for the game than Brighton and were quicker and stronger in the first half, but second half they fell away badly to the extent they were clearly happy to settle for a point.

Not shit by anymeans, but certainly not great either.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
0,,10273~4125962,00.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here