Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saints are alod of shit

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
You'd honestly have that hulking sack of shit Jaidi over Greer? Richardson over Calderon & Harding over Painter?

Jaidi is the worst centre half i've seen all season, He has the pace of a one legged man, The turning circle of a double decker bus & looked like he was going to shit himself everytime Murray went near him.

Please take off your rose tinted spectacles & get over yourselves. I honestly didn't have a bad word to say about Southampton fans after last night but you are making yourselves look like arrogant twats.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Totally agree with this. Southampton are long-ball and dodgy at the back. They've got two very good wide men but beyond that there isn't much. And in Lambert and Jaidi they have two of the most disgracefully out of shape players in the league. To be fair, they did well to stop us playing in the first half tonight, but looking purely at them there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Due to the lack of quality teams in this league they'll undoubtedly be in the top six, but I just don't see them as the promotion material so many would have put their mortgage on in August.

Difficult to argue with this. Lambert and Jaidi look fat and they play hoofball all the time, completely bypassing Lallana, who IS a class act.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
TBF, Calderon would and maybe that Newcastle player Lua Lua (if he wasnt crocked). Cant think of anyone else though.

100% agree. Apart from Greer / El-Abd / Painter / Kishishev / Bennett of course. Prob Murray too.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not getting into all the schoolboy oneupmanship.

But I do want to know what's happened to Lambert this season. The tubby bindipper has one goal from open play all season (+four penalties), and didn't look like adding to it last night. Used up all his luck last season?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Fair enough.

For what it's worth, I thought we were rubbish in the first half, and more acceptable without ever being that good in the second. It appeared that Adkins had instructed his players to press high up the pitch, which made it difficult for the defence to pass it around between themselves and the defence like they had been doing until three or four games ago. I think Sparrow would have made a difference to that game, as would Lua Lua without a shadow of a doubt. Fair play to S'hampton, it was an effective ploy up to a point, and they certainly played some better football than last season, when Pardew's plan of hoofing it up to Lambert was the order of the day. But maybe that's why Lambert isn't scoring many goals now.

Anyway, at least we were slightly better second half and could easily, if undeservedly, have nicked the points. Southampton were clearly, and amusingly, annoyed by failing to beat us, but then again Kelvin Davies was fannying around just as much as Ankergren was when he got the ball, so I had my suspicions that they were rather settling for the draw too by the end.

Of the Saints players, I thought Davies was good (didn't they give him MoM? We can't have been that bad then). Lallana I liked, but his finishing was one of the principal reasons they failed to win. Barnard was nippy and annoying but never looked like scoring a goal. Lambert was far less effective than I've seen him. Jaidi looked a bit of an oaf to me, and I didn't see as much of this kid Chamberlain as I was expecting.

Overall, given our recent form, and theirs, I'd have easily taken a draw if you offered it to me before the game. The facts are, they were very pleased with their performance, and yet still failed to win, whereas we were by and large a bit rubbish, and yet still emerged with a point. Isn't that the sign of a good team?

PS I do miss Alan Pardew, his habit of always losing to us was an attractive one :(

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
i am enjoying all of this good humoured banter

particularly that saints fan on page 5 who was nearly bursting his spleen trying to upset us. you know the one, the obvious and poor troll.

dear that person: you are a mong. enjoy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here