Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safeways - Job Application Form.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Herne Hill Seagull said:
Oceanic, I can't be arsed to quote your last post because it was way too long, but I would like to know what you're hoping to achieve by posting it? Do you think that by trawling the news for articles which implicate people of ethnic minorities in wrongdoing, that by extension only such people are criminals?

Dame Shirley Porter was white, English, middle class and 'respectable', but she was as much a crook as any of the people in your post. Does that have any wider implcation for white politicians? Are all Tory Dames corrupt by extension?

And you have absolutely failed, despite several requests, to offer any back up whatsoever for your claims about the 'required' ethnic make up of Olympic project subcontractors. Are you going to do so, or would you care to withdraw the claim?

Seeing as Shirley Porter is Jewish i don't think she's necessarily the best person to use to illustrate your argument.:(

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
:ohmy: Wasn't aware of that, Vorishilov! I think the comparison is valid though - you could pick any person of any ethnicity or background who'd become a criminal and put a thread on here about how they're all the same, if you were of that mind. It doesn't make it true...

Herne Hill Seagull said:
And you have absolutely failed, despite several requests, to offer any back up whatsoever for your claims about the 'required' ethnic make up of Olympic project subcontractors. Are you going to do so, or would you care to withdraw the claim?

I do aploigise for the cut and paste :)

'Employers face ethnic quotas for public work'

COMPANIES that bid for multimillion-pound Government contracts will be rejected if they do not employ enough black and Asian workers, under new proposals seen by The Times.
A powerful committee that includes seven ministers has drawn up plans to question competing companies about their attitudes to race before choosing which to employ. Firms will be asked to provide figures showing the numbers of their black and Asian employees. This figure will be compared with the proportion of people from ethnic minorities living near the company’s offices and will be a factor when deciding the winning bid.

Three pilot schemes have been authorised with the support of Downing Street — the first time that “positive vetting” in procurement has been approved by a British Government. It follows the release of figures showing that people from ethnic minorities are twice as likely to be unemployed as the white majority.

Programmes of “affirmative action” have proved controversial in America, where some business leaders say that they can hinder the employment market and discriminate against white workers.

The British plans were approved last month by the Ethnic Minority Employment Task Force, which brings together seven government departments. Iqbal Wahhab, a member of the Task Force and the chairman of the Ethnic Minority Advisory Group, a government-backed think-tank, said the plans were moving ahead quickly.

“These new procurement policies are required to assist employers in making more enlightened recruitment decisions,” he said. “It may be unpopular in certain quarters, but the fact remains that we should not have been in this kind of position in the first place.”

If the pilot schemes are successful, positive vetting across other all government departments could be introduced in 2007, a source said.

A spokesman for the British Chambers of Commerce said that the plans would hinder the competitive tendering process and make it more difficult and expensive. “Public tenders are already complicated enough,” he said. “Lengthening the applications will only further dissuade businesses from applying for public work.

“This will do nothing to ensure that government contracts go to the firms with the most competitive bids.”

A spokeswoman for the Department for Work and Pensions confirmed that the pilot schemes had been approved after consultation with business leaders, unions and the Commission for Racial Equality. The three schemes involve contracts with Job Centre Plus, the Identity and Passport Agency and the Department for Education and Skills.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Herne Hill Seagull said:
Oceanic, I can't be arsed to quote your last post because it was way too long, but I would like to know what you're hoping to achieve by posting it? Do you think that by trawling the news for articles which implicate people of ethnic minorities in wrongdoing, that by extension only such people are criminals?

Dame Shirley Porter was white, English, middle class and 'respectable', but she was as much a crook as any of the people in your post. Does that have any wider implcation for white politicians? Are all Tory Dames corrupt by extension?

Yes, the companies who do contract work for 2012 are required to show that they have a certain percentage of ethnic employees, but then again, most companies already have at least the required percentages because the ethnics are not bone idle shirkers!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,4662-2302896,00.html

And as was pointed out, Dame Shirley is Jewish.....but you could make a case for every race/religion/hair colour if you follow the BNP line of reasoning.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Oceanic said:
I do aploigise for the cut and paste :)

'Employers face ethnic quotas for public work'

I think you'll find it harder to find an article to support your claim that "White Britain’s can't even get a job for their local councils or any government departments"

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
The Times quote, while suggesting that there are quotas, does not quite match up to what you said though, does it? You said:

Even the contractors applying for contracts at the Olympics sites need more ethnic minorities than white British otherwise they’ll not get the contract.

(Bold is mine). Can you prove (or even offer evidence) that the quota is greater than 50%, as you claim? I find it extremely unlikely that such a high quota would exist in any employer anywhere.

p1301639.gif

Originally posted by Gully I was also wondering wheter teenage birth rates amongst Asian girls were as high as the national average, my suspicion is that they aren't. Maybe this is a case where the BNP vision for the UK should be basing itself on the Asian model, but they would never admit to that would they

You don't need to wonder anymore, they've got 7 bedroom houses instead of a 3, always wondered myself :lolol:

THE first families are set to move into a futuristic eco-friendly avenue in Coppice Oldham this week.

Unsightly flats on Selwyn Close, Coppice have been demolished to make way for 18 hi-tech four, five and seven-bedroom environmentally-friendly properties.

The solar and wind-powered properties were developed by Manchester Methodist Housing Association — part of the Great Places Housing Group. And the project received more than £800,000 from the Housing Corporation and a £280,000 contribution from the Oldham/Rochdale Housing Market Renewal Pathfinder project.

Now the £3 million scheme has been shortlisted for a Building for Life national award.

Houses have solar panels on the roofs, large windows to maximise light and wind turbines. The effects of which on household bills will be monitored over the next year.

New resident Rejia Bibi is moving from a three-bedroom house in Werneth, which she shares with her husband and five children, to a five-bedroom property.

She said: “I can’t wait to move in and it will be great having so much more room for the children.

“The solar panels are a great idea and will save us some money off our bills, which is ideal when you have to bath all the children.

“And I love the tanks in the garden which mean we can use recycled rainwater for the plants.”

Last edited:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Oceanic said:
p1301639.gif

You don't need to wonder anymore, they've got 7 bedroom houses instead of a 3, always wondered myself :lolol:

THE first families are set to move into a futuristic eco-friendly avenue in Coppice Oldham this week.

Unsightly flats on Selwyn Close, Coppice have been demolished to make way for 18 hi-tech four, five and seven-bedroom environmentally-friendly properties.

The solar and wind-powered properties were developed by Manchester Methodist Housing Association — part of the Great Places Housing Group. And the project received more than £800,000 from the Housing Corporation and a £280,000 contribution from the Oldham/Rochdale Housing Market Renewal Pathfinder project.

Now the £3 million scheme has been shortlisted for a Building for Life national award.

Houses have solar panels on the roofs, large windows to maximise light and wind turbines. The effects of which on household bills will be monitored over the next year.

New resident Rejia Bibi is moving from a three-bedroom house in Werneth, which she shares with her husband and five children, to a five-bedroom property.

She said: “I can’t wait to move in and it will be great having so much more room for the children.

“The solar panels are a great idea and will save us some money off our bills, which is ideal when you have to bath all the children.

“And I love the tanks in the garden which mean we can use recycled rainwater for the plants.”

Those bloody Manchester Methodist Muslims......!

Still, nice to see she likes the tanks in the garden. Obviously far more open-minded than the ungrateful Iraqis who don't seem to want our tanks anywhere near their back gardens!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I wonder in Oceanic is into copraphila ? It might explain his penchant for posting utter drivel and then get loads of deserved abuse.

Frankly he's the kind of person this country should send back, to the sewage farm where he does his best work.

E

enigma

Wouldn't Nazi boy be better off looking for a job rather than cutting and pasting stuff from the Internet that he doesn't really understand?

Oh I see. All the darkies have taken them. :angry:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The ethnic monitoring section on application forms is only used by these companies to analyse who is applying for positions and highlights if they are not attracting interest from various ethnic groups. Companies like to think that their employees are a true reflection of the community. Not getting a job shelf filling in a supermarket isn't the end of the world , also when you get to the final interview stage they are also looking for future potential even if you seem over qualified. If they think you are management material they will offer you part time shelf stacking as this is a stepping stone to higher things. Different supermarkets look for different things such as B&Q prefer older people with practical life experience whereas Asda are keen on individual personality.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Still waiting for some factual evidence to support this statement:

Oceanic said:
White Britain’s can't even get a job for their local councils or any government departments

And this one:

Oceanic said:
Even the contractors applying for contracts at the Olympics sites need more ethnic minorities than white British otherwise they’ll not get the contract.

Although I won't be too surprised if it doesn't materialise since the points made are obviously made up.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
enigma said:
Wouldn't Nazi boy be better off looking for a job rather than cutting and pasting stuff from the Internet that he doesn't really understand?

Oh I see. All the darkies have taken them. :angry:

I see youve come back to shake your pom poms and spit your issues at someone else.:wave:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Hmmmm. I never did get an answer from Oceanic did I? I'm really quite surprised :rolleyes:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not. Quite often its the standard dodge round here.

Wereas someone a bt more sophisticated like LI would just accuse you of being a nazi. Like Trevor Phillips is these days, has he joined the bnp yet? He looks kind of cute in those glasses, I hope the BNP dont take his iffy eye sight as a genetic defect or its of to the ovens with him.:down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here