Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safeways - Job Application Form.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what a dumb arse.

firstly, equal oppurtunity forms have been like that for at least 15 years since i first saw one. thankyou for expose this :rolleyes:

secondly, English, Scots, Welsh... all the same ethnic group along with the danes, germans, french and other, er, white europeans. (quite why the Irish feel they have to be seperate i have never unerstood, political i expect )

Last edited:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Lord Bracknell said:

For the BNP to suggest that it does simply reveals their complete ignorance of the process. For them to campaign as they do reveals a wish to make everyone else as ill informed as they are.

but the BNP tell it like it is....don't they?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Interesting about Leicester, I was working there recently and until then I'd never liked the place. It does have a very large Asian population and it also has a lower than average crime rate. Is there a connection ? As it was the people there are extrememly nice and I wouldn't mind going there anytime.

Mind you, I guess I'd better not vote BNP as I plan to marry an ethnic !

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Funny what you say about Leicester and the amount of Asians, you mention the lower crime rate, I believe this is in part due to some communities largely policing themselves. In many Asian communities the most important people are the elders, young people respect them and largely do as they say, including not committing crime. I was also wondering wheter teenage birth rates amongst Asian girls were as high as the national average, my suspicion is that they aren't. Maybe this is a case where the BNP vision for the UK should be basing itself on the Asian model, but they would never admit to that would they.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Gully said:
Funny what you say about Leicester and the amount of Asians, you mention the lower crime rate, I believe this is in part due to some communities largely policing themselves. In many Asian communities the most important people are the elders, young people respect them and largely do as they say, including not committing crime. I was also wondering wheter teenage birth rates amongst Asian girls were as high as the national average, my suspicion is that they aren't. Maybe this is a case where the BNP vision for the UK should be basing itself on the Asian model, but they would never admit to that would they.

:clap: :clap: :clap: How true !

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
e77 said:
Last time I walked past a globe the UK was part of Europe.

How old was that globe, pre iceage??

Last time I looked Britain was an Island next to the Continant of Europe.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
looney said:

So which of the continents does Britain belong to then? This should be good!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
looney said:

Yeah!! He's back and this time he's twice as stupid.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Are you a Billy Connolly fan by any chance, Mr. Voroshilov?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Rangdo said:

Well rather than get a dictionary out and settle it lets just rant for 3 or 4 pages, call each other names then abuse the moderators for letting it get out of hand.

I'm sure that will satisfy everyone involved.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Voroshilov said:
Oh do behave dearie:safeway2:

So Safeway turned you as well then?
I knew this place would turn into a rainbow coloured version of The invasion of the body snatchers the moment I cleared of for a while.

I'd love to hang and re-inject some hetrosexuality into this place, not say bump the average IQ a couple of decimal points to the right. But you hamsters seem kind of happy here, running round your cyber hamster wheels, barking at each other and talking about stuff that would bore an accountant to death.

Have fun, no really, youve earnt it.:wave:

Rangdo said:

51st state and I'm sure Looney approves.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Brilliant!

Rangdo: So which of the continents does Britain belong to then?
Looney: Lets just rant for 3 or 4 pages, call each other names then abuse the moderators for letting it get out of hand.

Bellotti himself couldn't have come up with a more bullshitted political answer.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The Large One said:
Brilliant!

Rangdo: So which of the continents does Britain belong to then?
Looney: Lets just rant for 3 or 4 pages, call each other names then abuse the moderators for letting it get out of hand.

Bellotti himself couldn't have come up with a more bullshitted political answer.

You have to laugh though, with all the recent events at the club Looney chooses to post on the most pointless thread for ages. Where's Adrie when you want him ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
bhaexpress said:
You have to laugh though, with all the recent events at the club Looney chooses to post on the most pointless thread for ages. Where's Adrie when you want him ?

Looney has him tied up with gaffer tape in his scouts uniform.

Dib Dib Dib!

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Lord Bracknell said:
That's the point.

As an equal opportunities employer, Safeway will remove the monitoring form from the rest of the application form before it is passed to anyone who will have a say in whether or not to interview an applicant.

The monitoring information plays no part in the selection process. Therefore it CANNOT be used to discriminate in favour of or against any applicants.

For the BNP to suggest that it does simply reveals their complete ignorance of the process. For them to campaign as they do reveals a wish to make everyone else as ill informed as they are.

Concise and accurate as ever LB. Nice one :bowdown:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
The sad thing is that any statement which has a "...by the BNP" tag attached is automatically labelled as being racist. Whilst a lot of what the BNP has to say can be classified as "lies, fiction, bullshit", just occasionally it does have something useful to say - and it speaks to more people that some realise. Although not many will sign up to the whole manifesto, many people will agree with elements of what the BNP propose - and all the time we have a weak government who won't or can't take the proper actions to protect borders and population, people will be attracted to a party which has the potential to at least address some of these issues.

Whilst this application form is not inherently racist, it does flag up the fear that abounds in big companies of offending minority groups with majority voices. This has more to do with the growth of what we like to label "PC gone mad", and the growing power of watchdogs.

The BNP addresses, not very eloquently, some of the fears that currently permeate society. Just be grateful that they are not competent enough to capitalise on this properly.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh for fook's sake.

Are you honestly telling me that the white people of this country are going to rise up and be massively offended by a few little words on a Safeway application form? (which they have to have in these days, not to enable them to select employees, but to make sure the people making the decisions to hire/fire aren't discriminating)?

That the majority population of Britain are going to be in floods of tears because they think they might struggle to get a job filling up display units with Werthers Originals and McVities Hobnobs?

FFS, find something important to worry about, Oceanic, rather than trawling randomly through millions of trivial forms in order to make an utterly lame and irrelevant political point.

As if you'd even want a job in Safeway's (in fact you're probably one of those who thinks jobs like that are only good enough for immigrants anyway, yet have the nerve to squeal if you think white people are discriminated against). You tool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here