Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sad sight.....hooligans retern to brighton

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
...and what's so wrong with being softly spoken? Not all of us want to sound like we're auditioning for Witness the Pitness, Deductions.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
GAFFERKNOWSBEST - you say you are a hoolie, but you take your 10 year old to footie? What happens if you get involved in a ruck......haven't you as a parent an obligation to look after your offspring?

Just interested like

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
This thread is brilliant but at the same time quite saddening. I really cant stand people who come on here and have to use bad langauge to express their views. Even if what someone's views differ from your own, it can be easier to understand where they are coming from if they dont resort to swearing.

Hooliganism is something which as been glorified in the movies in recent times but I imagine it is far different to how it is portrayed. In those films innoncent people were not caught up in the violence and the reprecussions seemed to remain within the "firm". In reality innoncent people must get caught up in the trouble and that is something that should have no place in football. We have had enough trouble attracting people to the Withdean without idiots like tonight coming on and talking up hooliganism.

I am not saying that I am worried that hooliganism has come back but I am saying that it is worrying that there are people out there who seem to think it is cool. I spent a bit of time reading the message board that was posted in the link by GAFFERKNOWSBEST and some of the sentiments in there are shocking even if they might be exaggerated somewhat. There was several posts in which people said that they were not interested in watching the game but simply in having a brawl either before, after or both. How these people can not be bothered with the football but still associate themselves with a FOOTBALL club is quite beyond me, these are the kind of people we could really do without.

I really like Football Factory and Green Street as films but can see that the kind of behaviour portrayed is not suitable for real life just as I can watch a film like Scream and realise that dressing in a scary outfit and murdering people isnt right either.

I am not saying that everyone will watch hooligan films and immediately want to join a firm but young kids do get influenced by what they watch. Films such as Football Factory do have a more real life dimension to them which might appeal to the kids.

Rant over. I just felt that things needed to be said because violence and football should not be bedfellows.

Nicky Rust

Jan 3, 2008
Hove
Come on what aload of bollocks this thread is!!!a few kids inspired by Danny Dyer and his shitty films all wearing the same cloths(stone island,Burberry,etc) and suddenly hooligans are back in Brighton!!, I went to Millwall and saw no hooligans watchin the Albion!! there were a couple of kids probably hoping to see trouble but obviously never gonna get involved , we were all young once!!
Stop being such aload of bitches and start worrying about results not whos wearing what and whos talking to who!!!

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
hooligans were aroud long before football factory and GSE.... although nowadays most of the hoolies dont have much "action" in the ground...a few minor scrapes here n there but nothing like the "old" days when it would go off all throughout the game - Bournemouth away (FA Cup) and Swansea (1st game of season) away in mid 90's to name a couple.

There is of course still a fair bit of aggro, but its away from the grounds as not many people fancy a 3 year stretch from a ruck at the footie i'd imagine.

Therefore i dont think innocent people really do get involved as people that want to be there, will be, and its usually so far away from general public so the police wont cotton on.

Some of these wanna-be kids you see all over grounds at matches are, however, trying to just be the lairy little kunts that a lot of kids seem to be evolving into these days!

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here