Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I see he also talks about them being a close knit team, and he looks forward to becoming part of it. I think his comments are fair. Or, maybe you think he should have said something like "i'm crap, they are much better than me, so I may as well go now because I will never get into that team"?

Did I offer my opinion on his comments? I merely backed up what people had been saying on here that he thinks a lot of himself. Confidence is a great thing as a footballer. I used to love Hammond's cockiness (I hate him now).

BUT I think Harley went slightly overboard saying he is "EASILY as good as any of them", & essentially saying he'll walk into the first team. Not the best way of endearing yourself to your new teammates.

As a fan I would rather hear something along the lines of "I am confident in my ability and am willing to fight for a place in the starting line up. There are some great players here & I think my addition can only improve on the squad" - Confident, yet not demeaning your teammates...

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Do I recall reading once that someone was misquoted in a newspaper? I'm sure there must have been cases in the past - unlikely as it seems. Is it possible - just possible - that the quote is inaccurate, or possibly taken out of context, or was tongue in cheek, or was posed (and worded) by the journo and Harley just agreed?

Surely not.

Maybe I'll wait and see what Gus decides - see some interviews with the guy and watch him play more than the once I'e seen thus far, and then make up my mind about the man.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Do I recall reading once that someone was misquoted in a newspaper? I'm sure there must have been cases in the past - unlikely as it seems. Is it possible - just possible - that the quote is inaccurate, or possibly taken out of context, or was tongue in cheek, or was posed (and worded) by the journo and Harley just agreed?

Surely not.

Maybe I'll wait and see what Gus decides - see some interviews with the guy and watch him play more than the once I'e seen thus far, and then make up my mind about the man.

Well said that man!

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
So is there any actual latest news on this guy? Any news on his decision he was giving Gus?

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton

Surely not.

If that's directed at me, please be aware that from what I have seen & heard about Harley I think he will be a very good player for us. I am not against him coming here and would be excited by his signing.

I was merely posting an article regarding ths jist of what a lot of people seem to be talking about on here. Surely the link adds some sort of weight to some of the comments on here? There was no link to the article and a lot of people seemed to think it was just talk on a forum without anything backing it up.

As long as he doesn't rock the boat, I'd be happy to have him here. If Gus signs him he obviously feels he won't cause problems & I trust Gus.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
... ...

As a fan I would rather hear something along the lines of "I am confident in my ability and am willing to fight for a place in the starting line up. There are some great players here & I think my addition can only improve on the squad" - Confident, yet not demeaning your teammates...

I think we all would - but he is a footballer you know! We are lucky that it is not just a series of "you know" s! How is saying you are as good as them "demeaning" them?

Anyway, if Gus wants him (and that must surely be with knowledge of his personality), it is good enough for me.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
How is saying you are as good as them "demeaning" them?

It's not. Saying you are "easily" as good as them IS. Would you not be offended if someone came into your company and said "Yeah, I can EASILY do a better job than you"? I think you would....

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It's not. Saying you are "easily" as good as them IS. Would you not be offended if someone came into your company and said "Yeah, I can EASILY do a better job than you"? I think you would....

Did he say better or just as good? This is the highly competitive world of football. Only a small number of a squad get to play each game (their actual job) - in the real world we all have to work hard all of the time.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

This is directed at you though (since you didn't seem to get the point I was making). How do you know he actually said this?

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
This is directed at you though (since you didn't seem to get the point I was making). How do you know he actually said this?

A paper would get in major problems quoting a player if they didn't AT LEAST agree with the journalist saying those things. There's been no article saying otherwise in any other papers or the official site. How do you know he didn't say those things?

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Did he say better or just as good? This is the highly competitive world of football. Only a small number of a squad get to play each game (their actual job) - in the real world we all have to work hard all of the time.

If you read the quotes I posted, that is the jist of what he was saying, so yes he's saying he is better...

He is easily as good as anyone there
+
He will go straight into the first team

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
If you read the quotes I posted, that is the jist of what he was saying, so yes he's saying he is better...

He is easily as good as anyone there
+
He will go straight into the first team

Ah well, so you are stating an opinion then? Because he has not actually said he is better than them - just as good - and fair dos to him.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Cant u retards f*** off and argue in private message or something we dont wanna read ur bullshit we just wanna know if there is any truth in if he is
Commin or not

Spot on, enjoy some rep poppet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here