Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
There's a thread on the Swansea chatboard saying "Reckons he's as good as anyone in the current squad and can stroll straight in to the first team.....". Is this the type of player we want on loan? Sounds like a bit of a twat to me but I'd never heard of him nor seen him play before this tread so what do I know......

While that is worrying I do remember Gus saying at the forum that the players character is very important an something they check on before signing players. So would guess either he likes his confidence which has been misunderstood or the person on the Swansea board is talking bollocks.

Gus ha spent too much time and effort on building his squad for it to be f***ed up by a Billy big bollocks so I guess Gus knows what Harley is really like

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If he does sign it doesn't, imho, mean the end for either Dicker or Sparrow - it gives Gus more options in midfield and may stimulate Dicker to make the minor adjustments he needs to make in terms of speed of action and cutting out the odd mistake to become an excellent midfielder in this division

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
While that is worrying I do remember Gus saying at the forum that the players character is very important an something they check on before signing players. So would guess either he likes his confidence which has been misunderstood or the person on the Swansea board is talking bollocks.

Gus ha spent too much time and effort on building his squad for it to be f***ed up by a Billy big bollocks so I guess Gus knows what Harley is really like

I trust Gus implicitly, don't get me wrong, just seemed like a ridiculously arrogant quote if it's true. Gus did mention the other day being close to securing a penalty and dead ball speacilist so he obviously wants him. Hope my concern (which derives from but quote on another keyboard warrior site after all) is unfounded.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If he does sign it doesn't, imho, mean the end for either Dicker or Sparrow - it gives Gus more options in midfield and may stimulate Dicker to make the minor adjustments he needs to make in terms of speed of action and cutting out the odd mistake to become an excellent midfielder in this division

I rate Dicker but you can't make any minor adjustments to your speed of action (mind/muscle coordination & limb speed), either you've got it or you haven't

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There's a thread on the Swansea chatboard saying "Reckons he's as good as anyone in the current squad and can stroll straight in to the first team.....". Is this the type of player we want on loan? Sounds like a bit of a twat to me but I'd never heard of him nor seen him play before this tread so what do I know......

You can hardly base an opinion on that of somebody on a web site. How many times did the late (but not very lamented) Glenn Murray get abused on here to name but one ?

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
You can hardly base an opinion on that of somebody on a web site. How many times did the late (but not very lamented) Glenn Murray get abused on here to name but one ?

here we go....., that's exactly what I did do though isn't it? I hardly based an opinion on it, but rather made a qualified observation which I backed up in my next post. I was drawing attention to an alternate view from Swansea.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
here we go....., that's exactly what I did do though isn't it? I hardly based an opinion on it, but rather made a qualified observation which I backed up in my next post. I was drawing attention to an alternate view from Swansea.

Spoken about a player who has expressed a desire to move on, no bias of course.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
You mean the anti Albion Youth guy who gets more wrong than right, but some posters seem to find credible?? The Harley story was in The Argus this week, so hardly a scoop if it happens!!

Sorry,this was meant to include the quote about Mark by the Sea as a credible source.

Last edited:

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Not sure if anyone has beaten me to it on this thread, but remember someone posting this link a while back. Direct quotes from him backing up what fans have been saying about him...

"If I go there and play my own game, I am easily as good as any of them, so I don't see why I wouldn't be able to go straight into the team."

This is South Wales | Harley: I'm as good as anyone

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Not sure if anyone has beaten me to it on this thread, but remember someone posting this link a while back. Direct quotes from him backing up what fans have been saying about him...

"If I go there and play my own game, I am easily as good as any of them, so I don't see why I wouldn't be able to go straight into the team."

So what he has confidence surley thats a plus

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

I see he also talks about them being a close knit team, and he looks forward to becoming part of it. I think his comments are fair. Or, maybe you think he should have said something like "i'm crap, they are much better than me, so I may as well go now because I will never get into that team"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here