Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Like Edna, I don't see the Harley love in. I'm sure he's a good player, Gus signs more good than he does bad. But I think almost everyone underates Matthew Sparrow.

Sparrow has a great engine and is a decent player (probably lower-end Championship in my view) but, to be fair, I think it may be you that overrates him.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Sparrow has a great engine and is a decent player (probably lower-end Championship in my view) but, to be fair, I think it may be you that overrates him.

In fairness, Sparrow has good and bad games like most others but unlike Dicker he doesn't REPEATEDLY give the ball away in dangerous areas.

Dicker, on his day is a class act and he has a real eye for an incisive pass but almost every game he will get caught in posession at least once and teams in this league will punish you.

Is Harley the answer? I'm not sure.

Is Sparrow Championship quality. I think so.

Will Dicker come good? If he gets his arse in gear.

Do we need another creative midfielder? Definately.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I just don't think Gary Dicker can do anything right in some fans eyes, including yours by the sounds of it.

There is always someone a section of the fans pick on and unfortunately it looks like it is him this year (and a bit last year). Ankergren, El Abd, and Hammond spring to mind (all useless aren't they?!).

Focus on the positives and leave Gus to sort out the negatives. I'm sure he will.

I said he was great at moving the ball across the midfield last year which was vital to our play. But he got away with a lot of mistakes last year, but we won't be so lucky this time around. I won't ever moan loudly about at the game and will support him 100%, but I do think he really needs to improve to avoid being the weak link.

I was worried last year about whether he could step up a league and the first two games he hasn't been able to. As you say, plenty of time yet though and Gus will sort it out either way.

I have no opinion on Harley as i've never really seen him play. Again, trust in Gus

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Does Mirror say if perm or loan? Looked good in both Exeter games and some highlights. Looked out for him as was linked to us. Realistic signing alert!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

He doesn't just have a great engine, he is one of the best technical players at the club. I might be overrating him, but I think he's a football genius. (And if his name wasn't so long, or he wore a single digit number, he'd have been on the back of my new shirt!)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Word of warning, Mirror sport is very unreliable.

Lets hope they get this one right though.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
was dicker the sponsors mom on tuesday night.......i think he was.... hmmmm

He was but almost everyone at the ground could see that Buckley and Noone were better.. And in my opinion, so was Ankergren, Greer, Dunk, Calderon, and Vincelot.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
There's a thread on the Swansea chatboard saying "Reckons he's as good as anyone in the current squad and can stroll straight in to the first team.....". Is this the type of player we want on loan? Sounds like a bit of a twat to me but I'd never heard of him nor seen him play before this tread so what do I know......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here