Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley - whatever happened to him?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I think he'll be here next season.

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
Rumour has it that he is one of the party gang that Gus wants to get rid of. The other 2 left in January (albeit 1 temporarily).

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
i heard that while vokes was getting crabs from molly from the saturdays, harley was getting a BJ from mutya from the sugababes, and on comparing stories with one another while deciding to take the penalty, he scuffed it to the keeper and jolted his knee, hence his absence. then again its all speculation really.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Love the fact another player is getting grief before we have seen him properly.

Brendan Rodgers & Gus Poyet must be very poor judgement of players....

Absolutely. Which is why I'm sure, Rodgers got rid in the first available window and Gus left him out of every squad bar one since Jan 2nd...

GullysGirlsPimp

Aug 24, 2011
Sussex- By-The-Sea
I spoke to him out side platinum lace on Saturday night

Yeh, Dirty perve, him and another Un Named player were hanging outside platinum lace, pissed as a fart, with a barrage of girls hanging round them!

Must admit i was also a dirty perve and ventured into platinum lace myself!

Cheers for the dance candy ;)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Absolutely. Which is why I'm sure, Rodgers got rid in the first available window and Gus left him out of every squad bar one since Jan 2nd...

Rodgers signed him, when it was not looking likely they were going to get promoted, and loaned him back to Exeter, they got promoted and decided to look elsewhere and they knew we wanted him. He has been injured for the last 6-8 weeks, but don't let that cloud your judgement....

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A very good player who still has a lot to learn. If he does so then he will also have a lot to contribute.
My money is on him being with us next season

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Just haven't heard about him, and he's never a sub.

Good at freekicks, but useless at tackling.

Good at freekicks?! Good at taking one free-kick against Peteborough.
For a player labelled as a "set-piece expert", his free-kicks, corners and penalties were woeful. He looked like he had some passing ability but his pace, strength, tackling and drive were not up to scratch.
He is the deadest of deadwood at this club and I expect him to be plying his trade at a League One club next season.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Rodgers signed him, when it was not looking likely they were going to get promoted, and loaned him back to Exeter, they got promoted and decided to look elsewhere and they knew we wanted him. He has been injured for the last 6-8 weeks, but don't let that cloud your judgement....

He was dropped well before that and played very poorly pretty much since he signed. With regards to his injury, I must have missed that so fair enough although I've only seen it mentioned here on NSC with no mention of an injury on the Argus or club website.... Curious how NSC know more than the Albion!

I'm basing my opinion on when I watched him play. I may be wrong and I still hope he proves me so but right now whenever he has played, with the exception of a few glimpses he has not been good enough consistently enough.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I remember watching Harley in the cup game against Sunderland, and he looked like the creative player we were crying out for. His range of passing is superb. Sadly, other aspects of his play (and anecdotally, his commitment and attitude) are not.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Gosh! Isn't it wonderful to have a player to hate.

Let me be clear: I don't hate any Brighton players. I am just yet to be convinced by Harley and I suspect that he won't be here long enough to prove me otherwise.

I'm also not saying he has to prove me wrong but if he goes he is unlikely to be someone Gus rates anymore...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here