Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley has gone out on loan to MK Dons (merged)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Hmm with comments like that, I'm not sure it's Barnes that needs the football education.
Ok, I am wrong, he is a storming player, we are having trouble fighting off the clubs queuing up for his signature,.....

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Was good at Exeter where he was the main man running the show.

Never going to be the main man here and always been a weak link when played.

If he'd come straight here not to Prem first, I do wonder if his attitude would have been different, but good to be shot of him! Hope he tears up L1 (but doesn't get that abomination of a club promoted)........... can we have JFC back now please Gus especially if offload Spaz too (who my Scunny mate still rates for what it's worth).

Also while Painter is not the mediuym term answer, we need one LB on a contract and he's solid, just not great mainly due to very poor pace. I would keep him as a back-up long term IF happy to have back-up wages and work hard to push who-ever is ahead of him.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
harley was never that bad, there have always been worse players at the club and still are.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don't get the Harley abuse really. Can't be a bad player, tracked by Poyet and Rodgers, both can spot s decent young player. Attitude maybe? But I don't buy that he is a 'bad' player

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5392975 said:
The big question is, would Harley have made a difference today? :mad:

He couldn't have done any worse than Crofts.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Get him back

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Do MK want Crofts the useless turd totally anonymous again today no wonder Norwich wanted rid of him and how much did we pay for him ???

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Obviously Harley will now start scoring for fun/get scouted by Barcelona/ represent his country as captain/ become sainted.

It's not these players who are shit...it's us.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Obviously Harley will now start scoring for fun/get scouted by Barcelona/ represent his country as captain/ become sainted.

Of course he will.... they will play him where he made his name, ie as a support striker/attacking central midfielder ... its easy really. Play to players strengths.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007

Honestly think there is a lot of truth in that. I can see CMS and numerous other players like Dobbie scoring a shit load of goals if they were to join another team. It will just highlight the fact that there are much deeper issues going on with the management and team structure than the individual players.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ok, I am wrong, he is a storming player, we are having trouble fighting off the clubs queuing up for his signature,.....

Just got home. Yes, we have had a bit of a session tonight.

Go on then. I'll bite, for shits and giggles.

This thread is about Ryan Harley. You have hijacked it to your favourite hate player. You are not the only one. There are others who hijack threads to vent their spleen at Poyet, Barber, Standing, etc..

Barnes scored a lot of goals for the Albion in League One, not league Two, and a fair few at this level.

Now I don't think he is the answer to our prayers but can you honestly defend your statement that he should drop to the bottom league?

Serious question. I welcome debate.

Over to you Somerset,

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Just got home. Yes, we have had a bit of a session tonight.

Go on then. I'll bite, for shits and giggles.

This thread is about Ryan Harley. You have hijacked it to your favourite hate player. You are not the only one. There are others who hijack threads to vent their spleen at Poyet, Barber, Standing, etc..

Barnes scored a lot of goals for the Albion in League One, not league Two, and a fair few at this level.

Now I don't think he is the answer to our prayers but can you honestly defend your statement that he should drop to the bottom league?

Serious question. I welcome debate.

Over to you Somerset,

Someone else brought Barnes into the thread, I just extended the comment. You know I would rather have Harley retained but playing in his proper position, a support striker/attacking central midfielder, a position he has only drifted into for one half game since he arrived..... than Barnes in any position, where he has given us poor return for the sheer number of games and the volume of time he has been given to 'develop'.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Fair enough. I must admit I was hoping I would feel better after yesterday's poor team performance.... but I don't. We need a win from somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here