Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley has gone out on loan to MK Dons (merged)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Popular choice then although it is hardly going to change anything as he doesnt play! Just a touch of over-reaction maybe?

I bet he is key to getting them promoted though

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It's no dig at Painter or any if the others, it's fairly obvious these players are league one players and once they have left along with Harley it would free up squad space and wages for the 2 or 3 players we NEED! I was going to include Barnes in my original post but decided against it to avoid a binfest...
Binfest or not, I think Barnes needs to join a L2 club for a while to get some 1st team football education.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It's no dig at Painter or any if the others, it's fairly obvious these players are league one players and once they have left along with Harley it would free up squad space and wages for the 2 or 3 players we NEED! I was going to include Barnes in my original post but decided against it to avoid a binfest...

As we only have 7 first team defenders, letting Painter go now is not a very good idea. Plus, from all accounts, he did well recently.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Good luck to Harley,i really do think he is a good player and will do well for them.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Good. Lets hope he f***ing stays there the bottling, poncing primadonna. f*** off.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Hope he does well - if only to recoup some of our initial outlay on him. Can not believe that no club wants sparrow, he was good at times last season, he is probably refusing to go on a free becausehe will get less wages, but do not blame him at his age.
Letting painter go is dangerous unless one of the development squad is able to back up - to be fair that is what they are there for.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Strange one to just pay up Sparrows contract, hopefully not in full. Wonder if Scunny offered anything at all for his wages when they wanted him on loan before ?.

Paying up his contract gets him off the books. He has signed a contract until 30th June 2013 , the club won't try to shortchange him (plus it undermines the PFA). In theory he could join Scunny on a minimal wage (£250 a week) until the end of the season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hope he does well - if only to recoup some of our initial outlay on him. Can not believe that no club wants sparrow, he was good at times last season, he is probably refusing to go on a free becausehe will get less wages, but do not blame him at his age.
Letting painter go is dangerous unless one of the development squad is able to back up - to be fair that is what they are there for.

I think the club has already written off the transfer fee we paid for Harley. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes on an undisclosed fee to MK Dongs next summer which works out at the equivalent of his final year's salary , allowing us to pay him up.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hope they buy him at the end of the season, he'll be good (in a decent team) in the third division.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Didn't cut the mustard with us, which is a surprise considering how everyone, i seem to remember, had said he was an excellent creative signing at the time. He's been lame and disinterested, from afar, and didn't have the oomph to really make it in this division. Still, do wish him all the best and hope he finds a team that needs him in the role he's best to play in.
Good that probably half of his wages are now covered and we can spend it on some unponderous ox to nod crosses in.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Didn't cut the mustard with us, which is a surprise considering how everyone, i seem to remember, had said he was an excellent creative signing at the time.

I actually thought he was a good signing for us at the time because he played well against us down at Exeter. :facepalm:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

From what i read before the loan window closed last month, Scunthorpe wanted to sign Sparrow on loan but we were being too stubborn with saying how much Scunny should pay for his wages. I can strongly see him going back this Summer, hope he does get regular football as hes a nice guy and a decent player for League 1.

Painter wont go as we have no cover for LB other than Calderon, but he will go in the summer. Also good that Dicker has returned from injury just for the transfer window to open !!!

About time we got rid of Harley anyway, MK Dons can keep the 1 man disaster as far as im concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here