Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Well, I think we do have to wonder a little if it's been staged 🤔. Will the next step be other propagandists 'convincingly' and aggressively explaining how their beloved leader has been let down by incompetent generals etc etc. ??
Weird though.
Good points. Discounting the very rare suicide case who goes off piste, everything is staged, scripted, planned and pre-meditated.

I read a long while ago, they sometimes get a 'stooge' on so they can pretend to offer a balanced view. But this example is interesting in the extent he goes to.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
This was really quite surprising to listen to today. Mrs says translation is good....

I don't speak the language but what I'm noticing is that he is speaking fairly slowly... it's not some fast emotional response to being emotionally triggered while in front of a camera. He is carefully choosing his words, or carefully chose them before he went live.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I don't speak the language but what I'm noticing is that he is speaking fairly slowly... it's not some fast emotional response to being emotionally triggered while in front of a camera. He is carefully choosing his words, or carefully chose them before he went live.
The subtitles work fine at the bottom.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
And he didn't get interrupted at all. If he had been speaking 'out of line', surely someone would have stopped him or simply unplugged him? But they didn't.

The conclusion is that what he said, was very likely intentional and planned. The question for me, is why? Why did they do it?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Good points. Discounting the very rare suicide case who goes off piste, everything is staged, scripted, planned and pre-meditated.

I read a long while ago, they sometimes get a 'stooge' on so they can pretend to offer a balanced view. But this example is interesting in the extent he goes to.
The problem Putin has is that there are only so many people you can blame and then chuck out of window. It will reach a point where his inner circle, hangers on and arse wipers realise that if they are to make it out alive something needs to be done to Putin.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
What's the consensus on that propagandist clip in post #16522? He was given the floor in the absence of Solovyev. What's going on?

a) Maskirovka v930.0 to wrongfoot/confuse the enemy?
b) A Kremlin faction has made a land grab for control of Russian TV propaganda and are using it to badmouth Putin?
c) As everything else has failed, is it Putin resorting to a bit of honesty with the Russian public?
d) Something none of us has seen coming?

Whatever it is, it is really strange to see it at this stage. Where was Solovyev anyway?

Someone said that as Russia slowly begins to lose the war and the economy slowly slides down the pan, we would see strange things happening.

papachris

What's the consensus on that propagandist clip in post #16522? He was given the floor in the absence of Solovyev. What's going on?

b) A Kremlin faction has made a land grab for control of Russian TV propaganda and are using it to badmouth Putin?
c) As everything else has failed, is it Putin resorting to a bit of honesty with the Russian public?

Whatever it is, it is really strange to see it at this stage. Where was Solovyev anyway?

Someone said that as Russia slowly begins to lose the war and the economy slowly slides down the pan, we would see strange things happening.
I don't know. But I definitely don't trust the Russian leadership. It could well be a bluff/con of some kind

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

As always, you raise interesting and thought providing points.

As for motive it's hard to tell, as for the platform, it's not on Solovoyov main TV show, which is a panel based thing that also includes the head of RT and famous propagandist Margorita Simonyan, ( he was still on last night). But this statement was made on Solovyovs social media channel, that normally Solovoyov posts from alone and for some reason Dmitry Yevstafiev (that's who this is) did.

What's interesting is that he is a proper political background qualified contributor to the show and not just a journalistic TV presenter type propagandist.

My hunch as you suggest, is there are probably a few elites who have grown rich or successful under Putin that are recalculating, their only real loyalty is to themselves and their bank accounts. No doubt a few will be feeling twitchy with how things are going?

The comments section under that video on X gives a few good opinions. Many suggesting it was a dangerous thing to do and maybe only with political cover?

Guess only time will show if its a pissed off lone voice taking a big personal risk, staged? (To flush out consenting voices) or a wider turning tide. (I Hope!)

Last edited:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

I dunno. Good options though. Maybe Solovyev has said stuff off screen that doesn't like. I've googled Solovyev, where, balcony etc and found nothing.
I think d or e are most likely... but yes, where is he?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
As always, you raise interesting and thought providing points.

As for motive it's hard to tell, as for the platform, it's not on Solovoyov main TV show, which is a panel based thing that also includes the head of RT and famous propagandist Margorita Simonyan, ( he was still on last night). But this statement was made on Solovyovs social media channel, that normally Solovoyov posts from alone and for some reason Dmitry Yevstafiev (that's who this is) did.

What's interesting is that he is a proper political background qualified contributor to the show and not just a journalistic TV presenter type propagandist.

My hunch as you suggest, is there are probably a few elites who have grown rich or successful under Putin that are recalculating, their only real loyalty is to themselves and their bank accounts. No doubt a few will be feeling twitchy with how things are going?

The comments section under that video on X gives a few good opinions. Many suggesting it was a dangerous thing to do and maybe only with political cover?

Guess only time will show if its a pissed off lone voice taking a big personal risk, staged? (To flush out consenting voices) or a wider turning tide. (I Hope!)
Interesting involvement of Yevstafiev as you say.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Fantastic open letter from US military officials/commander's to Biden. Here's hoping he finally listens.

Link at end will download a .pdf (can't seem to post that here)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

No idea what the consensus is. I think they come out with little bits of honesty from time to time, which then gets forgotten and lost amongst the BS they produce 24/7.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As for motive it's hard to tell, as for the platform, it's not on Solovoyov main TV show, which is a panel based thing that also includes the head of RT and famous propagandist Margorita Simonyan, ( he was still on last night).

She. Unless you mean someone else, but it didn't read right?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here