Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes. Agreed with every word. Unfortunately, he is no great orator, but he got the message across (but not to the Russian delegation, I very much doubt; bastards).

It doesn't matter what Russia thinks, it matters what the rest of the world think and do. If we all stand with Ukraine, Ukraine will prevail.

The most important thing for now is that Putin's puppet doesn't get control of the US.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Can't say I am or have been a big fan of our foreign sec David Lammy, but f**k me..... smashed it out of the park in his speech at the UN..... credit where its due.....

proud our foreign secretary has the balls to say it exactly as it is and not mince words.

Absolutely agree. Eloquently said - a great punchy speech. He’s gone up in my estimation and I hope our government’s actions match his words.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Not the first load of sh1t to come out of Russia
Vesselfinder has it still off the Kent coast, just outside UK waters:

Russia seems to be upping the Mafia gangsta strong arm stuff now. Anchoring a shipload of explosive material off the UK coast, and yet another nuke based threat.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
U-turn by Trump. Now he has agreed to meet Zelensky. Hmmm.

Does Putin want to know the contents of Zelensky's 'Victory Plan'?

I wonder if this u-turn had anything to do with Starmer’s meeting with Trump? - Trump suddenly realising there was a lost opportunity to assert his influence even as an unelected representative of State - Starmer meeting Trump before he is even elected has maybe given him a sense of kudos to get involved in the Ukraine dialogue. (Personally I think it was a mistake for the PM to agree to meet Trump while he was spouting the offensive position he has been spouting on Ukraine - especially when he didn’t meet Harris who has doubled down on support for Ukranians.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Yes, I can't imagine Trump will be discreet about Zelenskiy's proposals.
But Zelenskiy is showing his determination not to give up...on any front.

Let's hope the US actually deliver this 8 billion,and quickly.
It's looking as if Ukraine may have to rely on it's drone tech for long range strikes into Russia. They are proving the potential weekly.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
(Personally I think it was a mistake for the PM to agree to meet Trump while he was spouting the offensive position he has been spouting on Ukraine

Maybe Starmer wanted to encourage Trump to be open minded about Ukraine, and highlight the benefit of supporting them? I see little point in not trying.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Hopefully, the plan Zelensky shows Trump will have a few crucial details either missing or 'accidentally' wrong.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Zelensky is a better man than me and loves his country and cherishes the lives of his troops, so i'm sure he'll resist the temptation to close the doors, twat Trump one and give him the shoeing he badly deserves

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

I'd love it if Zelensky's security services had obtained any krompromat that Putin may have on Trump.

That would somewhat checkmate Trump's support of the Kremlin.

Oh well, I can dream.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Maybe Starmer wanted to encourage Trump to be open minded about Ukraine, and highlight the benefit of supporting them? I see little point in not trying.

Dream on.

He u-turned on speaking to Zelenksyy because it suited his narcissistic focus on being “in” with high level talks particularly as Starmer didn’t speak to Harris which I maintain was a mistake. Harris is just as much the likely next President as Trump.

Trump is never going to be ‘open-minded’ about Ukraine, he is a Putin appeaser and any relationship between Trump and Zelenskyy is going to be characterised by Trump putting pressure on him to concede territory to Putin in some Trump-Putin favoured peace plan much in the same way, his Peace Plan for Israel sold the Palestinians down the river by agreeing that a 3rd of the West Bank be given to Israel.

Trump needs to be kept away from imposing any settlements in Ukraine - it is up to Zelenskyy what deal if any he makes with Russia, I don’t care how “open-minded” he pretends to be nor do I read anything into him agreeing to meet with Zelenskyy other than it is access for him to push Putin’s agenda for Ukraine as he always has done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here