Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All McDonalds? World wide? If so, I'll go and get one tomorrow!

Good choice of words. I'll get one too. But don't make me eat that thing.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good choice of words. I'll get one too. But don't make me eat that thing.
There are three reasons for not eating a McDonalds cheeseburger:
1). Vegan;
2), Vegetarian;
3). Food snobbery (if you're not vegan or vegetarian, they're quite tasty!)

.......oh, and sorry, I forgot -

4). Ronald McDonald is a rapacious capitalist ruthlessly making money off the backs of the downtrodden proletariat!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
1). Vegan;
2), Vegetarian;

4). Ronald McDonald is a rapacious capitalist ruthlessly making money off the backs of the downtrodden proletariat!

I'm not a food snob, I just find them disgusting.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
1). Vegan;
2), Vegetarian;

5) The most important reason. There is more nutrition in a freshly turned out cowpat than a McDonalds Cheeseburger. Here is a list of reasons why most people feel a little sick after eating one:

INGREDIENTS​

Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Sugar, Yeast, Soybean Oil, Contains 2% or Less: Salt, Wheat Gluten, Potato Flour, May Contain One or More Dough Conditioners (DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Mono and Diglycerides, Enzymes), Calcium Propionate (Preservative). onions. 100% Pure USDA Inspected Beef; No Fillers, No Extenders. Prepared with Grill Seasoning (Salt, Black Pepper). Tomato Concentrate from Red Ripe Tomatoes, Distilled Vinegar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Natural Flavors. Distilled Vinegar, Water, Mustard Seed, Salt, Turmeric, Paprika, Spice Extractive. Milk, Cream, Water, Sodium Citrate, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Color Added, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Acetic Acid, Enzymes, Soy Lecithin. Cucumbers, Water, Distilled Vinegar, Salt, Calcium Chloride, Alum, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Natural Flavors, Polysorbate 80, Extractives of Turmeric (Color).

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So is it bread, beef or cheese that you find disgusting (you can ask them to leave out the relish)? The individual ingredients are perfectly OK - ordinary white bread rolls, standard sliced cheese as you'd buy in any supermarket (OK, it's not the super crumbly extra mature cheddar but it's still cheese which tastes cheesy) and (in the UK) 100% British beef.
5) The most important reason. There is more nutrition in a freshly turned out cowpat than a McDonalds Cheeseburger. Here is a list of reasons why most people feel a little sick after eating one:

INGREDIENTS​

Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Sugar, Yeast, Soybean Oil, Contains 2% or Less: Salt, Wheat Gluten, Potato Flour, May Contain One or More Dough Conditioners (DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Mono and Diglycerides, Enzymes), Calcium Propionate (Preservative). onions. 100% Pure USDA Inspected Beef; No Fillers, No Extenders. Prepared with Grill Seasoning (Salt, Black Pepper). Tomato Concentrate from Red Ripe Tomatoes, Distilled Vinegar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Natural Flavors. Distilled Vinegar, Water, Mustard Seed, Salt, Turmeric, Paprika, Spice Extractive. Milk, Cream, Water, Sodium Citrate, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Color Added, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Acetic Acid, Enzymes, Soy Lecithin. Cucumbers, Water, Distilled Vinegar, Salt, Calcium Chloride, Alum, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Natural Flavors, Polysorbate 80, Extractives of Turmeric (Color).
Delicious; I particularly like the addition of a little Turmeric. I do wonder why you added in 'natural flavors [sic]' twice - was there a point there? Five separate mentions of salt seem to be part of an effort to show things in a bad light too, eh?

Still, a distinct lack of organic pulses and gluten-free muesli, I grant you.
:) :wink:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Delicious; I particularly like the addition of a little Turmeric. I do wonder why you added in 'natural flavors [sic]' twice - was there a point there? Five separate mentions of salt seem to be part of an effort to show things in a bad light too, eh?
It’s not clear but each full stop in the ingredients list signals the end of a sentence of ingredients for each element of the cheese burger. First sentence is the bun and so on. Enjoy!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It’s not clear but each full stop in the ingredients list signals the end of a sentence of ingredients for each element of the cheese burger. First sentence is the bun and so on. Enjoy!
Would prefer another shovelful of monosodium glutamate, but all in all, yep, I'll enjoy! :)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I don't know what they put in the sausage to make it so tasty in the suasage and egg muffin, but it is a guilty pleasure of mine every couple of months.
I don't mind the fillet of fish either every now and again.
Both without the plastic cheese though.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Would prefer another shovelful of monosodium glutamate, but all in all, yep, I'll enjoy! :)
Especially the polysorbate 80 which is a hydrophilic nonionic surfactant. It is utilised as a surfactant in soaps and cosmetics and also as a lubricant in eye drops.

Yum yum yummy in your tummy! 🫢

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Especially the polysorbate 80 which is a hydrophilic nonionic surfactant. It is utilised as a surfactant in soaps and cosmetics and also as a lubricant in eye drops.

Yum yum yummy in your tummy! 🫢
I take it you absolutely dread the idea of eating margarine then!

Anyway, I don't want to derail this very important thread on Ukraine, so goodnight!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't know what they put in the sausage to make it so tasty in the suasage and egg muffin, but it is a guilty pleasure of mine every couple of months.

I also like the sausage and egg mcmuffin.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
It's sad. My wide had an online lesson with a Ukrainian lady which had to stop due to missiles.
Can you imagine living and working in that situation?
No demonstrating about Russia aggression though.
Just Palestine?
Maybe due to the activists who are part of our population.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here