Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The problem with this is that China’s record with Islam isn’t great so it’ll be interesting to see how it plays out in the ‘stans’
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If anyone wants a rabbit hole to disappear into while waiting for our next game, find out just how badly the Uyghurs have fared in their East Turkestan Republic (now part of Xinjiang province in NW China), see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_East_Turkestan_Republic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_East_Turkestan_Republic

For further reading, see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xinjiang_conflict

Apologies for the digression. Normal service will be resumed shortly.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've been wondering recently if the SAS and other western special forces will be directly involved in the assault on the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear plant when it comes.

I think they will be as it is Europe's #1 strategic threat issue. Too important just to sit on the sidelines with crossed figures.

Once the main Ukrainian army launches South against Melitopol / Mariupol then the assault on the power plant will surely get the green light.

Regardless of the nuclear plant, who do you think is there training and guiding Ukraine forces ? There is no way they've made those advances without help. I'm not taking anything away from the bravery of the Ukraine forces but Russia has well over double the military might than Ukraine so they would need help in tactics etc.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lovely, respectful people. In London just now.

C1D5DD5E-AFC8-42A7-9AD4-5C02425510F4.jpeg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Lovely, respectful people. In London just now.

View attachment 151943

As the flag is upside-down, does this signify anything, other than the person/people responsible for it didn't know? I think I remember learning in the Cubs, hundreds of years ago, that if the Union Flag was flown upside down, it was "code" for S.O.S?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
As the flag is upside-down, does this signify anything, other than the person/people responsible for it didn't know? I think I remember learning in the Cubs, hundreds of years ago, that if the Union Flag was flown upside down, it was "code" for S.O.S?

The writing would be on the floor! Dib Dib DIb!!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Regardless of the nuclear plant, who do you think is there training and guiding Ukraine forces ? There is no way they've made those advances without help. I'm not taking anything away from the bravery of the Ukraine forces but Russia has well over double the military might than Ukraine so they would need help in tactics etc.

Not on the Eastern front. They out numbered Ivan by 8/1 in last week’s counter attack.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Perhaps c**t face Putin doesn't realise it yet, but he's being totally taken apart by the SAS, Seals, Green Berets and other Euro Special Forces, informing a superb fighting
force in Ukraine.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I wondered about technical military advisors on the ground. It’s been kept fairly quiet.

I would think naïve of anyone not believe western special forces aren’t well embedded in Ukraine.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Does anyone follow the Serhiy Sternenko video blog YouTube channel when he talks about Russia and their Propagandists. Sometimes the subtitles get lost in translation but the guy is hilarious

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
'Ukraine counter-offensive won't change Russia's plans – Putin'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62934875

He wouldn't make a good football manager would he? He doesn't appear to have a plan B.

I worry that he has.

Open criticism of the military being allowed in Russian media, calls for outright war. Seems very odd, unless there is a degree of orchestration.

If Russia wanted to flatten Ukraine it could.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I worry that he has.

Open criticism of the military being allowed in Russian media, calls for outright war. Seems very odd, unless there is a degree of orchestration.

If Russia wanted to flatten Ukraine it could.

If Russia wants to be flattened by the west - it can be.

Three hours, job done................. bit of colateral damage in Europe, but hey ho. Japan's been pretty well behaved for almost 80 years, hasn't it.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
If Russia wants to be flattened by the west - it can be.

Three hours, job done................. bit of colateral damage in Europe, but hey ho. Japan's been pretty well behaved for almost 80 years, hasn't it.

You think the surprise of brand new attacks on Nagasaki and Hiroshima can be repeated against Russia. You're an idiot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here