Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
???

It's all very subjective. I've barely noticed Johnson saying that, probably because he says it about everything, it's just noise.

However, it's could easily be argued that Johnson was the first Western leader to take a hard line against Putin and that paved the way for everyone else. Diplomatically he was first and I think that's reflected in the praise he's receives from Zelensky.

But either way, even if I'm horribly wrong, it's just nitpicking. We're 2nd to the USA, a good performance and really not worth worrying about a bit of loose talk from Johnson.

I agree with most of your points. But in some areas, what Johnson said and what he did, didn’t marry up. He said he was taking a hardline on Putin but wavered over sanctions, with very flimsy arrangements that gave Oligarchs that he is clearly in bed with, time to move assets. Johnson was never going to section Russians harshly. They fund him.

It’s almost as if Johnson wasn’t telling the truth.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I've been wondering recently if the SAS and other western special forces will be directly involved in the assault on the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear plant when it comes.

I think they will be as it is Europe's #1 strategic threat issue. Too important just to sit on the sidelines with crossed figures.

Once the main Ukrainian army launches South against Melitopol / Mariupol then the assault on the power plant will surely get the green light.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I've been wondering recently if the SAS and other western special forces will be directly involved in the assault on the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear plant when it comes.

I think they will be as it is Europe's #1 strategic threat issue. Too important just to sit on the sidelines with crossed figures.

Once the main Ukrainian army launches South against Melitopol / Mariupol then the assault on the power plant will surely get the green light.

the plant is shut down presently so pretty much safe. when the general advance comes aross the Dniper, the troops stationed there will retreat along the others, possibly earliest as they'll be vulnerable to encirclement.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I'm astounded that Zalensky hasn't been knocked off yet or at least hasn't been targeted by Russia and to a lesser degree no attempt has seen to be made wiping out Putin, I've nothing but admiration for the Ukrainian army and general population for firstly standing up to Russian aggression but then to seemingly start to beat them back is quite remarkable from my uneducated viewpoint,I just hope when this is over and the world is still turning world leaders do not go back to licking Russian arses and make them pay in every way possible for their totally unprovoked war on Ukraine,I'd also like to see the Russian population watch exactly how things happend factually and not via the Russian Benny Hill channel.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
India’s turn today with Vlad the Imploder and they’re back to their old ways of “end this violence”, a marked change from the spring when they were seemingly quite at ease with the war

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I'm astounded that Zalensky hasn't been knocked off yet or at least hasn't been targeted by Russia and to a lesser degree no attempt has seen to be made wiping out Putin, I've nothing but admiration for the Ukrainian army and general population for firstly standing up to Russian aggression but then to seemingly start to beat them back is quite remarkable from my uneducated viewpoint,I just hope when this is over and the world is still turning world leaders do not go back to licking Russian arses and make them pay in every way possible for their totally unprovoked war on Ukraine,I'd also like to see the Russian population watch exactly how things happend factually and not via the Russian Benny Hill channel.

Zelensky was targeted at very beginning with various hit squads sent at him - they were taken out by ukraine special forces. Whilst videos show him walking about relaxed i suspect tehre is a lot more cover than is actually shown.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
India’s turn today with Vlad the Imploder and they’re back to their old ways of “end this violence”, a marked change from the spring when they were seemingly quite at ease with the war

The longer it drags on the more the ‘friendly nations’ are realising that backing that prick is going to do them more harm than good. I am so looking forward to the day when he’s toppled, it WILL happen!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Trump is still Republican leader and his comments about Putin's invasion of Ukraine being a smart move are starting to look even more stupid than before. Biden has quietly armed Ukraine to the hilt and it is paying dividends. Politically this is a big win for Biden.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The death pits of tortured Ukrainian civilians are being uncovered, amongst the dead are women and the elderly, hands bound.

To think there was at least one tw@t who defended Putin and questioned Ukraine earlier on in this thread. Disgusting.

Exactly. And people decrying the view that Russian soldiers should be destroyed in their masses. Well, how the f*** else are we
going to get rid of that scum.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Trump is still Republican leader and his comments about Putin's invasion of Ukraine being a smart move are starting to look even more stupid than before. Biden has quietly armed Ukraine to the hilt and it is paying dividends. Politically this is a big win for Biden.

Could you imagine for a second if Trump was in charge for a second term.

Could’ve changed the entire outcome of the war. Scary stuff.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Could you imagine for a second if Trump was in charge for a second term.

Could’ve changed the entire outcome of the war. Scary stuff.

Early on in the war, Trump also said when asked how he would deal with the war differently to Biden:

"Well what I would do, is I would, we would, we have tremendous military capability and what we can do without planes, to be honest with you, without 44-year-old jets, what we can do is enormous, and we should be doing it and we should be helping them to survive and they’re doing an amazing job.”

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
More and more I'm thinking that Prickin is not only a total loser, but he's retarded.
That's a really odd comment. He's managed to become supreme leader of Russia for decades. That's not an easy position to obtain, and it requires a fair amount of cunning (obviously along with ruthlessness). But you're suggesting he has some sort of learning disability?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Early on in the war, Trump also said when asked how he would deal with the war differently to Biden:

"Well what I would do, is I would, we would, we have tremendous military capability and what we can do without planes, to be honest with you, without 44-year-old jets, what we can do is enormous, and we should be doing it and we should be helping them to survive and they’re doing an amazing job.”
I have no idea what that means, and it's impossible to know (just by reading it) whether it's a parody or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here