Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Good to see the ruble at a record low this morning.

Yeah that’s only going to affect the general population, which will be spun by the state as the west trying to destabilise Russia.
While Putin and his besties, will be sat on stock piled gold, and off shore accounts around the world, this has been planned for years, they have enough to last them several life times.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh dear, so it begins .

We need massive sanctions now on Russia, they need to be isolated and treated as a pariah state globally.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
From listening to Putin’s address last night he is willing to escalate this to a World War isn’t he? I don’t think he’s bluffing either :down:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It looks like the Russians are rolling in unopposed, seems that Ukraine Air Force bases have been rendered out of action so Russia has air superiority from the off. Not much talk of any fighting on the ground. I think this will be all over in 72 hours and Ukraine has been snuffed out until someone or anyone can get rid of Putin.

Talk of troops from Belarus involved too, should we expand sanctions to include them I wonder ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
From listening to Putin’s address last night he is willing to escalate this to a World War isn’t he? I don’t think he’s bluffing either :down:
He has been following a plan.

My guess is Moldova gets rolled over next and then a pause.

Sanctions have been factored in, and Putin knows how the world will react.

Where Putin's plan is heading ultimately is not clear.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
6CFDBFDF-F060-402E-834B-3DBD07C2FE50.jpeg
Christ.

Pray for Ukraine.

Pray for no genocide.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
And almost certainly pre-recorded, so you can be sure the Russian chair of the UN Security Council knew exactly what was taking place as the others spoke. Thumbing their noses at the world.

He was quoted on CNN just before the UN meeting as saying he was starting to enjoy the nightly meetings

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Sickening. My wife is Ukrainian, all her family are in Kyiv and it feels like a second home to me. God knows what that psychopath is going to do next and what's to become of it. Ukraine needs more than prayers, but getting involved will surely lead to WW3.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He has been following a plan.

My guess is Moldova gets rolled over next and then a pause.

Sanctions have been factored in, and Putin knows how the world will react.

Where Putin's plan is heading ultimately is not clear.

It’s so reminiscent of Hitler.

However, if he touches a NATO country, it’s WW3 and the deaths of the majority of people on the planet.

Hopefully Africa and South America will be spared as the West, Russia and China obliterate themselves.

Putin must die.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Cold War mk2.
The west will rearm the Baltic states, Poland etc. The US will move back into Europe but further East.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We need a leader untainted by Russian money, instead we have Johnson. Yet again, the worst possible PM at the worst possible time.

Its what we've got right now, just hope he listens to some sane voices away from his Looney cabinet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here