Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I have him on ignore, of course, but peeked at one post. That was enough. He used to be semi sensible, if a little thick. The old brain cells have not worn well in the last couple of years, and he's gone full 'Realitexit with no deal' with Johnson hanging out of the back of him, ever since :shrug:

More passive aggressiveness from granny. You've NEVER had me on ignore because you constantly quote me. You're pretending to be outraged because I called someone spiteful that hopes troops suffer, burn in fact, before they die. You really are a very sad old tart.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Equivalent to Hitler's attempted eradication of the Jews - except that instead of killing the children you remove them from their parents and bring them up (brainwash them) as something they are not.

not sure how helpful to make such false equivilence, and that "except" makes it quite different from holocaust. its not an unusual Russian behavior to send people off across the country, its how much the east of Ukraine is populated in the first place. i'd be wary of some of the claims, especially the numbers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If I were a fighter in Mariupol, given how they have repelled and killed Russians, I'd interpret the demand to surrender as - "surrender and we'll take great pleasure in shooting you and raping and abusing your family"

I think I'd rather die fighting the ******** :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If this is discovered to be true then Nato and the UN and every country in the world with any sort of conscience
Unfortunately, that rather limits the list of countries to democracies only

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
not sure how helpful to make such false equivilence, and that "except" makes it quite different from holocaust. its not an unusual Russian behavior to send people off across the country, its how much the east of Ukraine is populated in the first place. i'd be wary of some of the claims, especially the numbers.

My post stipulated 'children' - not 'people'. You obviously don't understand the extent of the evil. Moving 'people' is one thing - ripping children from their parents is another level.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You hate women, don't you? Why else would you use pretending someone was female as an insult?

More passive aggressiveness from granny. You've NEVER had me on ignore because you constantly quote me. You're pretending to be outraged because I called someone spiteful that hopes troops suffer, burn in fact, before they die. You really are a very sad old tart.

Yes, Eric, I noticed that too. There's nothing wrong with being a granny. I love it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Talking of grandmothers; the harsh reality of war, but the compassion of the Ukrainian soldier shines.

[tweet]1516570629755088913[/tweet]

Edited to make sure the tweet showed

Last edited:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

I agree with your point about being wary of some of the claims, especially the numbers.

If it turns out to be true, (and I'm sure this isn't what you meant), being usual Russian behaviour doesn't make it right. It might explain it, but it doesn't justify capturing and transporting 500,000 (or any other number) to Russia.

The problem is, those claims are being made, and it is reported (and also unconfirmed) that the Ukrainian authorities cannot get in touch with the abducted civilians, because their phones have been confiscated. Presumably a little information is trickling out of Russia, but it is likely to be sporadic and anecdotal.

Wouldn't it be a tragedy if years later, adults kept cropping up in Siberia who were found to be Ukrainian stock, the fate of their real parents unknown?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1517387374115926017[/tweet]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, Eric, I noticed that too. There's nothing wrong with being a granny. I love it.

I'm sorry you have to put up with cretins. The screen grab below indicates my take on them :thumbsup:

Cretin.JPG

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I read a few days ago , I will try and find the link because I haven’t seen it since, that the SAS were on the ground in Ukraine training Ukrainian troops in sabotage and guerrilla warfare. Then we start seeing strategic Russian buildings going up in smoke.

It made me double take when I read it. As it seemed like a big thing to mention so briefly. I would also think that if British SF’s are in Ukraine, it’s highly unlikely they will be just training .

Did anyone else read this or have I got it wrong do you think?

Edit; it seems so

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sas-troops-are-training-local-forces-in-ukraine-32vs5bjzb

British special forces ‘are training local troops in Ukraine’
Serving UK soldiers ‘on ground’ for first time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here