Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good article in the Daily Mail (yes, I know) with several videos of the Russian ship going up, and then presumably, down.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...r-Huge-Russian-ship-destroyed-Kyivs-navy.html

Apparently, Russian state media revealed the ship's location just days earlier, showing it unloading armoured vehicles. Oops.
Don't forget that virtually every Ukrainian is only too happy to phone in the location and activities of the Russian invaders. It means that the Ukraine military has eyes and ears everywhere so its helping them pick off targets relatively easily.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Given the size of it, not sure the offloading location would have been a secret…….

[tweet]1505772419906211840[/tweet]

[MENTION=21215]Dazzer[/MENTION], that's a good video of the heroic Russian war machine in action on RT.

I regret to say, it hadn't even occurred to me to find it and post it. :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Putins assassinations have all been of people he considered traitors, if Elon Musk was Russian and doing that, then yes, he would become a target. there is no evidence I am aware of that Putin has assassinated annoying Americans in the past though.

The Russians have form though…….wasn’t Markov Bulgarian ? (The famous brolly-poisoning in the 70s)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The Russians have form though…….wasn’t Markov Bulgarian ? (The famous brolly-poisoning in the 70s)

Not sure about the Brolly pellet in the 70's. The only non Russian assassination attempt that springs to mind is that of former Ukrainian President Yushchenko during his election Campaign, but Putin would probably consider him to be a Russian traitor too.

Edit: just had a quick look and the suspect in the brolly assassination was a Bulgarian Secret Service agent, but it's thought KGB assisted.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Don't forget that virtually every Ukrainian is only too happy to phone in the location and activities of the Russian invaders. It means that the Ukraine military has eyes and ears everywhere so its helping them pick off targets relatively easily.

Good point. They've got US satellites, Ukrainian drones and millions of local snitches!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Good point. They've got US satellites, Ukrainian drones and millions of local snitches!

And all they need are the munitions and equipment. That's where we come in. Massive pressure needs to go on the government to get our stockpiles where they are needed

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
This is great and exactly the right tactics, special forces, little by little going after supply lines. Bombing of bridges, train tracks too....

Spot on. Great tactic and Russia has spread itself so thinly that their defences in this type of arena will be
as leaky as, well, err, a ship with a f*****g big hole in it.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Spot on. Great tactic and Russia has spread itself so thinly that their defences in this type of arena will be
as leaky as, well, err, a ship with a f*****g big hole in it.

I'm looking forward to seeing the ship, along with its cargo of armoured vehicles, go to a watery grave and probably block the berth as well.

I'll post the video as soon as it appears on RT.

****drums fingers waiting****

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Russian tanks relying on western parts has exposed and over-extended their huge reliance on this technology.

I’d be surprised if The West provided as good parts to Russia’s tanks as they did their own.

In these scenarios, do weapons manufacturers share information about the penetrative susceptibility of the materials made for, let’s say, Russian tank armour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope so 👍

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Nato secretary general Jens Stoltenberg has said the use of chemical weapons "will totally change the nature of the conflict, it will be a blatant violation of international law and it will have widespread consequences"

What does or will that mean ?

Boots on the Ground ?
Planes in the Air ?
or
More likely a very stern letter to Vlad ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nato secretary general Jens Stoltenberg has said the use of chemical weapons "will totally change the nature of the conflict, it will be a blatant violation of international law and it will have widespread consequences"

What does or will that mean ?

Boots on the Ground ?
Planes in the Air ?
or
More likely a very stern letter to Vlad ?
It's obviously just a stern letter at this point, and deliberately ambiguous about whether it could mean planes in the air or other. It's also an attempt to highlight that we know that Russia is planning to use chemical weapons, and that their use will be transparent, and not hidden by false claims of Ukraine using such weapons.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It's obviously just a stern letter at this point, and deliberately ambiguous about whether it could mean planes in the air or other. It's also an attempt to highlight that we know that Russia is planning to use chemical weapons, and that their use will be transparent, and not hidden by false claims of Ukraine using such weapons.

We also did this before they started the war.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here