Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Forgive me for this but I read this earlier and notice you live in Wiltshire. I don't know if your wife could help or knows anyone who can?

[tweet]1506649587431391237[/tweet]

No problem at all for your sharing that with us 👍. A friend in the village alerted us yesterday and my wife emailed the contact - she'd be very happy to help out. We haven't heard back yet and it's possible they have good numbers already, as there are fair sized Ukrainian communities in Bristol and Wiltshire.
We are already funding some humanitarian work on the ground in Zaporizhzhia, after a successful crowd funding through our village and friends. It's relatively small, but reaches the spots the recognised charities are having trouble reaching. It also helps keep my wife (and me) sane to do something positive. Thanks.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
This was really said today. A member of Russian parliament really said that Covid starts in Ukraine and with the US they infected Mice and sent them into Russia

[tweet]1506571419399999489[/tweet]

I'm still trying to get my head round this one. Jaw dropping.

Are the Russians competing to see who can come up with the most preposterous disinformation?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
That sounds like a very strange policy. It would make sense if the Ukrainian POWs were injured, but if they can immediately start fighting the Russians again, it wouldn't make sense for Russia to release them.

The local Russian commanding officer might be a decent fellow but the cynic in me says that the dead Russian soldiers are potentially negative propaganda should their identities not tie up with the official Russian figures

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
:lolol: Always thought the bloke was a sh*t..
FOhw47KXwAoFrvc.jpeg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
40K Russian troops now dead, captured, deserted or wounded according to a NATO estimate.

Astounding numbers.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
That's what I thought too. The only 'logic' coming to my mind is if the Russians really have too little food to look after them, AND they're decent enough to let them live, and/or they get paid a bonus for repatriation of corpses.

According to several sources, three days’ worth of food and frostbite from sitting in freezing tanks for a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Russian tanks relying on western parts has exposed and over-extended their huge reliance on this technology.

I’d be surprised if The West provided as good parts to Russia’s tanks as they did their own.

In these scenarios, do weapons manufacturers share information about the penetrative susceptibility of the materials made for, let’s say, Russian tank armour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Russian Navy ship destroyed at southern port - Ukraine military.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-60856533 08:11.

'The Ukrainian military says a large Russian ship has been destroyed near the southern port city of Berdyansk.
In a post on Facebook, Ukraine's Navy says a large landing vessel - the "Orsk" - was hit and set ablaze in the Sea of Azov this morning.
"The Orsk large landing ship of the Black Sea Fleet of the occupiers has been destroyed in the port of Berdyansk captured by Russia," the post says.

Ukrainian media report that one Russian ship has sunk and two others are on fire, and that an ammunition depot and a fuel warehouse were hit.
It is not possible to confirm this information from other sources.
Russia captured Berdyansk weeks ago and has been using the port for refuelling. It lies between Crimea and the besieged city of Mariupol.'

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Russian Navy ship destroyed at southern port - Ukraine military.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-60856533 08:11.

'The Ukrainian military says a large Russian ship has been destroyed near the southern port city of Berdyansk.
In a post on Facebook, Ukraine's Navy says a large landing vessel - the "Orsk" - was hit and set ablaze in the Sea of Azov this morning.
"The Orsk large landing ship of the Black Sea Fleet of the occupiers has been destroyed in the port of Berdyansk captured by Russia," the post says.

Ukrainian media report that one Russian ship has sunk and two others are on fire, and that an ammunition depot and a fuel warehouse were hit.
It is not possible to confirm this information from other sources.
Russia captured Berdyansk weeks ago and has been using the port for refuelling. It lies between Crimea and the besieged city of Mariupol.'

[tweet]1506885402719830016[/tweet]

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Whilst the Russians try to advance with untrained, poorly equipped soldiers……..

[tweet]1506660980192858118[/tweet]

Putins assassinations have all been of people he considered traitors, if Elon Musk was Russian and doing that, then yes, he would become a target. there is no evidence I am aware of that Putin has assassinated annoying Americans in the past though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here