Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Wedding

If someone has already booked their holiday on the date of the wedding, can they ask their employer for an extra day's holiday because if you are ill during you holiday you can add extra days to your holiday for the days that you are ill on?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
It's because these people are THICK and don't have lives of their own.

It's not a protest. It's a way of being able to ignore the fawning media that invades life this country on all things royalty. Especially the truly dreadful BBC.

Takes over? They reign (sadly), they don't rule.

Agreed. Despite the appalling behaviour of retards like Prince Edward and his fat arsed ex, or the hideously snobbish Queen Mum, or Prince Charles and his kantankerous ill informed meddling, too many people in this country seem to be happy to see this family live their life of privilege at the expense of the rest of us.

i dont know how you do quotes.

anyway -

fawning media - andrew has taken a phenomenal kicking in the media over the last few days. if you landed from outer space the last few days you would be forgiven for thinking they f***ing hated them. see coverage of scandinavian royals if you want to see fawning arselicking of royal families. makes the UKs look like a concerted Hate Campaign.

Rules reigns constitutional status of the monarch and their real power etc. gaddafi was claiming the other day he holds no real power. if you are in the british royal family dont you think no matter what the law says you are fairly heavyweight. the westminster zoo is proved to be full of idiots who speak directly to the plebs. meanwhile at the top everything ticks along nicely. that sounds a bit internest conspiracy theorist but its f***ing true.

ultimately i dont think wills will start holing people up in the tower any time soon in real life that was just a bit of poetic licence.

as for people poncing off the state we are surrounded with them and i bet most would moan like f*** if they were sent on a trade delegation to saudi to earn their benefits, that it was too hot it smelt funny and they didnt like the food.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nothing against the Royal family but don't give two hoots that two people I have never met are getting married and really don't get why anyone would. I will be catching up on some tele that I have recorded and generally not doing much

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I shall be travelling on a coach from 9am beginning a 4 day rugby tour: and I couldn't be happier. However, I have no problem with people enjoying the day in front of their TV, good luck to them: in fact it should make the roads clearer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
anyway -

fawning media - andrew has taken a phenomenal kicking in the media over the last few days. if you landed from outer space the last few days you would be forgiven for thinking they f***ing hated them. see coverage of scandinavian royals if you want to see fawning arselicking of royal families. makes the UKs look like a concerted Hate Campaign.
I don't agree at all. Yes, he's been accused of cavorting with paedophiles and looking after his own interests ahead of those of the country. But when it comes down to it, interviewers will bow and scrape to him as if nothing has happened. He gives shit answers to serious questions and no-one bats an eye lid. Yesterday when asked about these allogations, he said with a straight face that he doesn't care and that most people could never do his job as a trade ambassador.

I'm fairly sure that people who get up at 6am to look after the disabled, or go to work as a nurse or teacher might just be able to soldier on. And lets be clear, he is doing a job that a monkey could do. A background of privilege, he simply turns up, claps, smiles and talks about British industry to Arabs.

Rules reigns constitutional status of the monarch and their real power etc. gaddafi was claiming the other day he holds no real power. if you are in the british royal family dont you think no matter what the law says you are fairly heavyweight. the westminster zoo is proved to be full of idiots who speak directly to the plebs. meanwhile at the top everything ticks along nicely. that sounds a bit internest conspiracy theorist but its f***ing true.

ultimately i dont think wills will start holing people up in the tower any time soon in real life that was just a bit of poetic licence.
Well of course! They can do what they like as long as they don't effect the proletariate's day to day life.

as for people poncing off the state we are surrounded with them and i bet most would moan like f*** if they were sent on a trade delegation to saudi to earn their benefits, that it was too hot it smelt funny and they didnt like the food.
Oh well when you put it like that, it makes the trillions in back tax that his gluttenous family has taken from us over several generations all seem worth while.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I shall most probably be on the golf course, weather permitting.

However, I am very much hoping to see some candid bikini shots of Kate on their honeymoon later on.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Really, really couldn't give a toss. Nothing particularly against the bloke, but the whole charade is rather embarrassing, particularly the fawning over the event by many media outlets. Plenty of them are actually suggesting it's some kind of morale boost to the entire nation....what the hell? Reducing petrol prices by 30p a litre might boost morale, or having a national football team that actually achieved something, but the wedding of a royal family member in this day and age? Don't make me laugh.

Didn't watch the saintly Diana's funeral, and won't be watching this. It has absolutely zero impact on my life, therefore I just don't care.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Really, really couldn't give a toss. Nothing particularly against the bloke, but the whole charade is rather embarrassing, particularly the fawning over the event by many media outlets. Plenty of them are actually suggesting it's some kind of morale boost to the entire nation....what the hell?

I intended to click on the Elliott Bennett thread, and initially thought I had. Needless to say Edna, your post shocked me a little until I realised where I was...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Agreed. Despite the appalling behaviour of retards like Prince Edward and his fat arsed ex, or the hideously snobbish Queen Mum, or Prince Charles and his kantankerous ill informed meddling, too many people in this country seem to be happy to see this family live their life of privilege at the expense of the rest of us.
Did you mean Price Andrew? Edward is just a pampered buffoon, Andrew is a grade-A slimeball. And yes. Totally agree.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Did you mean Price Andrew? Edward is just a pampered buffoon, Andrew is a grade-A slimeball. And yes. Totally agree.

I know someone who used to work at one of the Royal Lodges up in Berkshire and he tells some good stories about Andrew. None of which I could print on here for fear of being sent to the Tower, but suffice it to say that after hearing them, I have even less respect for His Royal Sponging-ness than I did previously, and that's saying something.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know someone who used to work at one of the Royal Lodges up in Berkshire and he tells some good stories about Andrew. None of which I could print on here for fear of being sent to the Tower, but suffice it to say that after hearing them, I have even less respect for His Royal Sponging-ness than I did previously, and that's saying something.
So have I. What a surprise. Friends of family in the RAF say he wasn't liked for various reasons. Firstly, he used it like a personal taxi service. Secondly, he spent his whole time bragging to anyone who would listen about how many women he'd shagged, which is not unlike me picking out a tramp and telling him how much I earn and what a nice big house I live in. One of the women he famously smashed was Koo Stark, who now lives on benefits in a council house. Well done on pulling her Andy, that must've been a challenge. :tosser:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
One of the women he famously smashed was Koo Stark, who now lives on benefits in a council house.

that is about the only thing he has done that was worthwhile ............... when they first got together the film company released one of her earlier films. She was a babe.

I thought she went on to marry some heir to a fortune.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So have I. What a surprise. Friends of family in the RAF say he wasn't liked for various reasons. Firstly, he used it like a personal taxi service. Secondly, he spent his whole time bragging to anyone who would listen about how many women he'd shagged, which is not unlike me picking out a tramp and telling him how much I earn and what a nice big house I live in. One of the women he famously smashed was Koo Stark, who now lives on benefits in a council house. Well done on pulling her Andy, that must've been a challenge. :tosser:

I think the frequency of lady...mostly...visitors to the royal lodges is a regular topic of conversation amongst the staff.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
will be working on that day as per normal. i work freelance. i set my own days. it shouldn't be a public holiday so therefore i will be designating that as a working day. every little protest helps!

will be mortified if my road are having a flippin street party - anybody know if you can check which streets in brighton are having parties?

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
I shall be in the country for this. I just hope my travel plans dont get held up by the holiday.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Has anyone else been unfortunate enough to catch one of Nicholas Witchell's "news" reports on the happy couple? He talks as if they aren't human beings but some special higher creatures that are completely unfamiliar with what us mere mortals get up to. Yesterday he went into detail about how they were a bit reluctant to toss pancakes but soon got in to the swing of things.

I'm sure becoming the BBC Royal Correspondent turns you from being a capable and well received journalist to a complete tool in the space of a few months, Jennie Bond? Nicholas Witchell?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here