Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Wedding

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Has anyone else been unfortunate enough to catch one of Nicholas Witchell's "news" reports on the happy couple? He talks as if they aren't human beings but some special higher creatures that are completely unfamiliar with what us mere mortals get up to.

And to what reward ? Charlie-boy called him "that dreadful man". Makes all that doffing worthwhile.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One of the women he famously smashed was Koo Stark, who now lives on benefits in a council house.

The thought of posh tart holed up in a damp flat on a council estate willing to do anything for cash would ordinarily hold some allure, but having viewed her recent photos even Richard Keys wouldn't smash it now.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I wont be watching, but hats off to him, she is a bit of alright and I bet he cant wait to pork it on the honeymoon

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Golf course all day for me, either just outside Glasgow or on Arran with my two lads. About as interested in the Royal Weddings (there are now two by all accounts with Red Rum due to marry The Incredible Hulk at the end of July) as I am in the air conditioning system at Selhurst Park.

TNBA

TTF

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Well I'll be watching it.

As long as Middleton wears this ....

Sexy-Wedding-Dresses.jpg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
will be working on that day as per normal. i work freelance. i set my own days. it shouldn't be a public holiday so therefore i will be designating that as a working day. every little protest helps!

will be mortified if my road are having a flippin street party - anybody know if you can check which streets in brighton are having parties?

From the Argus.....

1000 wedding parties planned for Sussex
5:50pm Wednesday 9th March 2011

Print Email Share Comments(3) By Anna Roberts »

More than 1000 Royal Wedding parties are set to take place across Sussex.

The county finds itself gripped in Royal Wedding fever and is gearing up to mark the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton on April 29 with parties being planned from Brighton to Bexhill and from Balcombe to Burgess Hill.

About 16 applications for Royal Wedding parties have been submitted to Brighton and Hove City Council, nine of which have been approved.

To find out if your street is holding a wedding party see today's Argus.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
From the Argus.....

1000 wedding parties planned for Sussex
5:50pm Wednesday 9th March 2011

Print Email Share Comments(3) By Anna Roberts »

More than 1000 Royal Wedding parties are set to take place across Sussex.

The county finds itself gripped in Royal Wedding fever and is gearing up to mark the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton on April 29 with parties being planned from Brighton to Bexhill and from Balcombe to Burgess Hill.

About 16 applications for Royal Wedding parties have been submitted to Brighton and Hove City Council, nine of which have been approved.

To find out if your street is holding a wedding party see today's Argus.

So if you live in a town/city beginning with the letter 'B' there will be a Royal Wedding Party, at least that keeps it simple.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
And to what reward ? Charlie-boy called him "that dreadful man". Makes all that doffing worthwhile.

Royal correspondent always used to be a vety sort after job, because it was incredibly untaxing and you got lots of foriegn travel to places you might actually like to visit.

The drawback is deference the royals expect and which you have to adopt if you want any kind of access accompanied as you've pointed out by utter contempt from the royals

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Great idea, always wondered how our European cousins would celebrate this occassion, seems they are looking forward to it as much as us....

Royal Wedding Fever Grips Europe

A surge in reservations from Germany, France, Belgium and the Netherlands will bring the biggest influx of overseas visitors to London since Prince Charles and Diana married in 1981. More than 1,000 extra train seats have been booked, even from countries that do not have a monarchy.

Yes, spot on, Europe has gone crazy over this.

Wikipedia shows the population of Europe (not including Turkey) at 700 million. And Eurostar have sold 1000 seats more than this time last year. Such a small blip could be because the weather is forcast to better than last year.
I would say they are about as enthusiastic as most of us..

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here