Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roughest pub youve been in whilst following the Albion away?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I also recall a hellhole in Southend where the door had obviously been broken off its hinges but then put on the wrong way round and upside down. It was just along from the Forresters on the seafront. Now the forresters thats a pub! They (used?) to have strippers in there on a saturday lunchtime, but one time only one girl turned up, so in between she just did her hair and make up differently to make it look like she was someone else. It fooled me and I told her one occasion that she was far better looking than the previous stoat. I had been drinking heavily.

They had strippers in the forresters last season, they were as rough as sandpaper.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Bentinck Hotel at Nottingham Train Station (all the locals were pissed and I mean PISSEd at 12 noon)
I used to live not far from there. What on EARTH possessed you to go in there? I mean, there are quite a few decent boozers a short walk from the station. Admittedly that one stares you in the face as walk out and look down the road but it *looks* absolutely hideous.

The Embassy Club (I believe that what its called!) in Plymouth. Directed there as pub local to the ground by the OB. A few of us walked in, me with Skint pork pie on!, got to the bar, made a quick assesment of goatie beard and shaved head numbers, then one of the locals made an enquiry as to our alligence, decided it wasnt for us, turned to leave at which point the last one of us in starting moaning about leaving but decided it was the correct decision as the whole place began to rise to their feet!
Got out safe, enjoyed the game and running the guantlet through the park to observe a massive stand off in the car park!
Happy Days!

HCQ

Roughest pub I've been into following Brighton was at Derby in the Baseball Ground days. Even the police were afraid of that place.

Roughest ever was going to a West Ham v Liverpool game in the 80s and drinking in one of those pubs down Scotland Road. Don't know what it's like now but back then every house in that long long road was derelict, boarded up or was a pub.

Went into one with my Toffees supporting mate and it was like Rab C Nesbitt meets Yosser Hughes meets Shameless. One old boy had clearly pissed himself and on his mangy mutt, the barmaid had tats on both hands and had stitches where she'd been bottled in the face. She stank of shit. No other word to describe it.

The loo had syringes in the urinals and someone had kicked in the bog and it was just left there. I got hit with a bottle by some dopey looking scally when he heard my lack of accent fortunately it hit my shoulder.

And there was a toddler running around in a full nappy. Why someone would choose to drink there was beyond me.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I remember walking into the Wetherspoons in Wrexham when we played up there a few years ago at about 10:30 in the morning and there was a bloke sat on the floor puking and then saw another woman throwing up about half an hour later and the whole places floor was so sticky you worried about losing your shoes as you walked. A most unpleasant experience all round really.

Ha ha, yes, I rememebr that, minging, puking in a pub before midday even, blurgh

roughest pub i've been into following brighton was at derby in the baseball ground days. Even the police were afraid of that place.

Roughest ever was going to a west ham v liverpool game in the 80s and drinking in one of those pubs down scotland road. Don't know what it's like now but back then every house in that long long road was derelict, boarded up or was a pub.

Went into one with my toffees supporting mate and it was like rab c nesbitt meets yosser hughes meets shameless. One old boy had clearly pissed himself and on his mangy mutt, the barmaid had tats on both hands and had stitches where she'd been bottled in the face. She stank of shit. No other word to describe it.

The loo had syringes in the urinals and someone had kicked in the bog and it was just left there. I got hit with a bottle by some dopey looking scally when he heard my lack of accent fortunately it hit my shoulder.

And there was a toddler running around in a full nappy. Why someone would choose to drink there was beyond me.

you did!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The mess house Oldham, some years back, says it in the name really, we were in there having a drink then oldhams firm turned up, running battles up and down the road, ah happy days !!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A great evening that.

Seem to remember shouting "open the gates" at the police for round about an hour as they refused to open the bigger terrace behind the goal in front of the supermarket.

It was all something to do with Hull not having enough money to steward the game or some such crap.

The other highlight of the evening was chanting "£15,000 for a three bed house, w*nkers, w*nkers!" - its probably more like £5,000 now!

Think they were well shoddy in behaviour back in those days. I remember turning up for a game to see the price on the board above the away turnstyles had a bit if papaer blu-tacked over it with the price of £12 printed on it, underneath the normal price was £10. Reckon they thought us rich suvners could stump up a bit more to get in

Whatever happened to Hull anyway? Back then they didn't have two pennies to rub together, now they have a superb stadium, and playing in the Prem ???

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think Folkstone Gull has mentioned it, ended up in a pub in West Ham, possibly The Duke of Edinburgh ... my word a shrine to Booby Moore, we just had a few pints, spoke like an extra from EastEnders and tried to look cool whilst mildly cr@pping ourselves!

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
The mess house Oldham, some years back, says it in the name really, we were in there having a drink then oldhams firm turned up, running battles up and down the road, ah happy days !!

and CW phoned the police!!!!:laugh:

A great evening that.

Seem to remember shouting "open the gates" at the police for round about an hour as they refused to open the bigger terrace behind the goal in front of the supermarket.

It was all something to do with Hull not having enough money to steward the game or some such crap.

The other highlight of the evening was chanting "£15,000 for a three bed house, w*nkers, w*nkers!" - its probably more like £5,000 now!

GRANTHAM AVENUE, KINGSWOOD, HULL
Notice Of Offer
Property Address: 47 Grantham Avenue, Hull, HU7 3DT
We advise that an offer has been made for the above property in the sum of £55,000.

SWINDERBY GARTH, BRANSHOLME, HULL £59,950

SUMMARY
This three bedroom mid terraced family home with gas central heating and double glazing, is situated in a convenient cul de sac position and served by shops

SHERBURN STREET, HOLDERNESS ROAD, HULL £84,950

SUMMARY
A spacious traditional style, three bedroom mid terraced large family house with gas fired central heating system, and double glazing (part). Situated in a convenient/popular residential location, served by shops (Holderness Road), schools, good road links, and regular public transport services

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
Golden Lion - Millwall.
travelling with Mrs Jamon to these shit hole pubs as a couple we don't get any agravation, The Golden Lion's one of our favourites, afew years back we caught the second half of an England friendly in there (4pm KO) they brought out the sandwiches, roast potatos etc it was a good laugh, we stayed in there until about 9pm (South Bermondsey station is very diffrent at that time of night!)

we were in a pub outside Swindons ground one evening about 15 years ago, it was full of boneheads etc who made me and her feel very unwelcome though. then a load of Albion herberts steamed in and it went off so we legged it

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
The Beehive ???

I never found the Beehive that bad. Been closed down now, though. Was at Peterborough last Tuesday, and the Old Bill are still an Overkill. But yeah, was suprised to see the Beehive closed down.

Peterborough Old Bill - :wanker::wanker::wanker:

Almost as bad as Watfords!:wrong:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
travelling with Mrs Jamon to these shit hole pubs as a couple we don't get any agravation, The Golden Lion's one of our favourites, afew years back we caught the second half of an England friendly in there (4pm KO) they brought out the sandwiches, roast potatos etc it was a good laugh, we stayed in there until about 9pm (South Bermondsey station is very diffrent at that time of night!)

Yeah was always sound in there when I was in there, as I was about 10/11 & with my of my Dads mates who was a Millwall fan. But when I used to walk in there, seeing everyone...used to be a bit... :eek:

Was heading for there this season........with Brighton.........but Old Bill hooft us straight into a f***ing Cage.:annoyed:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
miners social club chesterfield, recommended by seagull, full of knuckle dragging 25 stone ex miners who wanted to kick the southern gay boys - cheap beer though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here