Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roughest pub youve been in whilst following the Albion away?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
One in Luton called the Railway Tavern or something the other year (last away game of the season?). Everyone was drinking cans that they bought from the offie opposite.

And when the landlord finally manned up at went to confront the chaps in question one of the guys calmly asked for a glass as if it was the most normal thing in the world to do. That obviously bamboozled the landlord who agreed.

On the subject of Luton we should give a mention to that boozer we went to during the game the other year. Wasn't overly rough to be fair but it was f***ing funny!

2-0 at half time, playing like cocks and BLOODY freezing myself and Tubby decided to depart to the warmth of a boozer. Not really knowing where we were heading we just wandered back towards the station. We go in the first boozer we find and we're greeted by what only can be described as a really pissed Rab C Nesbitt character who has lost the ability to speak in his native tongue. He asked the same question 3 times and not once was it audible. So then chirps up a younger chap on the other side of the bar who tries to act as translator. Unfortunately he is equally as pissed and is also making no sense.

So we just sit down and watch the mayhem unfold. Rab is joined at the bar by some old tart and another fella. At one stage Rab and other fella both have their hands down the back of this woman's trousers grouping her arse. They obviously touch hands or something because all of a sudden the bar turns into a parody of a 1930 put your dukes up style bar fight. Don't think a single punch was actually thrown but both of them pranced around the bar floating like a house brick and not stinging like anything.

None of the other patrons or the bar staff bothered to intervene and sure enough they both sat back down and were best buddies about 5 minutes later.

The other "character" in the place was the old fella sat in the corner (every grotty pub has one) he had his mobo cart on charge next to him. He'd either driven the thing from Dunstable or was that much of the tight git he was leeching the pubs leccy. He was in no fit state to drive the thing home though.

Very surreal evening.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
loads to name,but peterbouroughs lads pub,on the corner,surrounded by old bill pretty nasty,esp at night games.something boot?,christ its winding me up,cant remember,i know their was always a ruck their,before and after,last time we went,they had 50 odd lads being held back in the carpark as we marched to the station.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Any pubs round Leyton.

It's been a few years since I went to Leyton but there was a really decent boozer near the ground - The Holly Bush or Holly Tree or something like that.It was one of the better pubs for away fixtures.

Having said that, I must have struck lucky as I can't think of any real horrors - apart from finding it difficult to find a decent pub in Gillingham.

It's been a few years since I went to Leyton but there was a really decent boozer near the ground - The Holly Bush or Holly Tree or something like that.It was one of the better pubs for away fixtures.

Having said that, I must have struck lucky as I can't think of any real horrors - apart from finding it difficult to find a decent pub in Gillingham.

Holly Bush,

Funny I don't rate the Leyton pubs as that rough?

Perhaps because I live inHackney and near Tottenham?

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
West Ham away in the cup a couple of years back. Was with a couple of mates and didn't want to wait for half an hour in the Tube queue after the game, so decided to walk on to the next stop, Plaistow, and go for a quick pint/watch the evening game (Liverpool I think), before heading back into town. We went into this rough looking pub (to be honest, there wasn't much choice) and it was rammed from what looked like extras from Green Street. We stood at the bar supping some ropey-tasting Stella when suddenly the whole place starts singing "I'm forever blowing bubbles". Not singing wasn't an option here, so we decide to join in. Now, apart from the first couple of lines I haven't got a clue what those Cockney twats are banging on about, so I do my best mime along. I probably looked like this:

YouTube - John Redwood making a fool of himself

Scary, scary 10 minutes or so.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
leicester away when they still played at filbert st, a pub called 'the turnstile'

some characters in there that night........i fitted in quite well :smile:

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Falmer Flutter ©;3055071 said:
West Ham away in the cup a couple of years back. Was with a couple of mates and didn't want to wait for half an hour in the Tube queue after the game, so decided to walk on to the next stop, Plaistow, and go for a quick pint/watch the evening game (Liverpool I think), before heading back into town. We went into this rough looking pub (to be honest, there wasn't much choice) and it was rammed from what looked like extras from Green Street. We stood at the bar supping some ropey-tasting Stella when suddenly the whole place starts singing "I'm forever blowing bubbles". Not singing wasn't an option here, so we decide to join in. Now, apart from the first couple of lines I haven't got a clue what those Cockney twats are banging on about, so I do my best mime along. I probably looked like this:

YouTube - John Redwood making a fool of himself

Scary, scary 10 minutes or so.

I made that same walk to Plaistow and I think I know the pub you mean. They had a board advertising 'all you can drink £20' :ohmy:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
me and arthur went into some working mans club near highfield road a few years ago before the smoking ban, the place was absolutely rammed but could barely see 10 feet in front of you for smoke. funny day as well after he got rooked by some pikie charging ten quid to park in some private estate that had absolutely nothing to do with him!

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I also recall a hellhole in Southend where the door had obviously been broken off its hinges but then put on the wrong way round and upside down. It was just along from the Forresters on the seafront. Now the forresters thats a pub! They (used?) to have strippers in there on a saturday lunchtime, but one time only one girl turned up, so in between she just did her hair and make up differently to make it look like she was someone else. It fooled me and I told her one occasion that she was far better looking than the previous stoat. I had been drinking heavily.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
me and arthur went into some working mans club near highfield road a few years ago before the smoking ban, the place was absolutely rammed but could barely see 10 feet in front of you for smoke. funny day as well after he got rooked by some pikie charging ten quid to park in some private estate that had absolutely nothing to do with him!

Forgotten about that place. Never been in a smokier pub!!

I got done by a speed camera as well that day, I got a £60 fine and my insurance went up by £40 the next year. The only reason I drove was to save a few quid and it ended up cost me a fortune!

On the subject of Cov, the boozer next to the station is a rancid shithole.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
loads to name,but peterbouroughs lads pub,on the corner,surrounded by old bill pretty nasty,esp at night games.something boot?,christ its winding me up,cant remember,i know their was always a ruck their,before and after,last time we went,they had 50 odd lads being held back in the carpark as we marched to the station.

The Beehive ???

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I was at that game it was the day before the last game at wembley, my abiding memory is of a Brighton fan singing "tigers tigers meow meow meow" in a high pitched voice. And then him and a Hull fan repeatedly punching each other in the head.
We won two nil as I remember it.

A great evening that.

Seem to remember shouting "open the gates" at the police for round about an hour as they refused to open the bigger terrace behind the goal in front of the supermarket.

It was all something to do with Hull not having enough money to steward the game or some such crap.

The other highlight of the evening was chanting "£15,000 for a three bed house, w*nkers, w*nkers!" - its probably more like £5,000 now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here