Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ross leaves the BBC

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Only ever funny on occaisons, and a real arrogant f***, who was not worth £6 Million PA for providing 'edgy' humour.

Not sure that is the remit of PSB.

What exactly is the remit of PSB, 24 hour news, information films about swine flu, STDs and how to cross the road. If we didn't have the beeb then the competition would sink even further to the gutter. Take of Ross and Norton and what chat shows are there left? Titmarsh, O'Grady!!! The only other interviewer that seems any good is, and I hate to say this, Piers Morgan and that is only when he does the one on one special interviews, not really a chat show.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Frank Skinner.

Had the privelige of meeting him after one of his Dome shows. Chatted to the fans who were waiting by the stage door. Seemed genuinely surprised that there were people waiting for him, plus was happy to pose for photos and sign things.

So top bloke in my eyes.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
What exactly is the remit of PSB, 24 hour news, information films about swine flu, STDs and how to cross the road. If we didn't have the beeb then the competition would sink even further to the gutter. Take of Ross and Norton and what chat shows are there left? Titmarsh, O'Grady!!! The only other interviewer that seems any good is, and I hate to say this, Piers Morgan and that is only when he does the one on one special interviews, not really a chat show.

Good luck to Ross if the BBC were willing to pay him that amount of money, I dont begrudge talented people earning high salaries - but - if he's really worth it then a commercial broadcaster will now step in and pay him the same level.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Frank Skinner.

Had the privelige of meeting him after one of his Dome shows. Chatted to the fans who were waiting by the stage door. Seemed genuinely surprised that there were people waiting for him, plus was happy to pose for photos and sign things.

So top bloke in my eyes.

Good, I think the bloke is genuinely funny, very spontaneous and not up himself.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I really don't watch much telly these days, it's just so much shoite. Celebrity this, that and frequently the other, or focusing on the dross, misfits and dregs of society - but then again I suppose that is what passed for entertainment and brings in viewers. I like him on the radio though, he can be funny (painfully so, sometimes).

Sad indictment of today - at a College Activity Day one of the students (17) who is seeing an older man (45) thought she was pregnant. The first call her parents made was to Kyle. She then spent most of the day talking to his researchers about the situation and negotiating a price. We explained that if she appeared on the Kyle show it would make her place on the course untenable, but she was willing to write off 12 months of BTEC for what turned out to be £2000 and getting her face on telly. It never came off in the end (she wasn't pregnant), but she still maintains that her appearance on telly could have opened doors for her...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Skinner would be good. Used to like his show, and his Absolute radio stuff is superb.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sad indictment of today - at a College Activity Day one of the students (17) who is seeing an older man (45) thought she was pregnant. The first call her parents made was to Kyle. She then spent most of the day talking to his researchers about the situation and negotiating a price. We explained that if she appeared on the Kyle show it would make her place on the course untenable, but she was willing to write off 12 months of BTEC for what turned out to be £2000 and getting her face on telly. It never came off in the end (she wasn't pregnant), but she still maintains that her appearance on telly could have opened doors for her...

More to the point I want to know how this 45 year old man got with this 17 year old. I need to know where this man drinks!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Good luck to Ross if the BBC were willing to pay him that amount of money, I dont begrudge talented people earning high salaries - but - if he's really worth it then a commercial broadcaster will now step in and pay him the same level.

Thanks but you don't actually say what you expect from a PSB. Should they compete for ratings with shows like Ross, Strictly etc or should they just concerntrate on highbrow period drama and the like.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Was wondering if his name would appear.

BBC - Podcasts - The Danny Baker Show

Cracking interview with Elton John last week, worth a listen.

I heard that show last week, very good show, Elton came over as a genuinely very nice bloke. Also he is no idiot when it comes to knowledge of music, I was amazed how he identified those 3 fellow pianists so quickly. :ohmy:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I really don't watch much telly these days, it's just so much shoite. Celebrity this, that and frequently the other, or focusing on the dross, misfits and dregs of society - but then again I suppose that is what passed for entertainment and brings in viewers. I like him on the radio though, he can be funny (painfully so, sometimes).

Well, if she fancies it, I'm a bit older so more sensational a story if I knock her up ?.. Mind you I'll only do it if she's fit !

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Thanks but you don't actually say what you expect from a PSB. Should they compete for ratings with shows like Ross, Strictly etc or should they just concerntrate on highbrow period drama and the like.

No they shouldnt grub their hands competing for ratings.

They should do what they do best - decent dramas, comprehensive news coverage, documentries, etc, etc.

The commercial and digital broadcasters are now best picking up the C2, D, E end of the market.

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009
Seems I am the only one here that is sad to see the news. I like Ross and in particular his Friday Night Show. Thought it was particularly good the other day with Wogan, Button and Agassi all on.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No they shouldnt grub their hands competing for ratings.

They should do what they do best - decent dramas, comprehensive news coverage, documentries, etc, etc.

The commercial and digital broadcasters are now best picking up the C2, D, E end of the market.

My my, how pretentious. I am of course assuming that those social groups you refer to also pay the same licence fee as you!

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Can do without his tv show, full stop, so no need for a replacement there. Get all air headed twats with no interest in music off of the radio and replace with presenters who know their stuff. Likewise with Film 2010 (presumably) - someone who is both knowledgeable and interested in film. If they become successful and a personality because of that, a la Barry Norman, then fine, but it should be that way round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here