Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ross leaves the BBC

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The licence payer wins. It won't be hard to find better chat-show hosts or film critics on a fraction of the money. QUOTE]

Won't it though?

Ross isn't very good, he's a one trick pony.

BUT
who are the other contenders?

Norton? Piers Morgan!? Davina? Alan bloody Tichmarsh?!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I do kind of like him but he's clearly being paid too much for someone who is essentially a civil servant (paid for out of taxpayers money). It's hardly like he'll be short of work, he can easily make a nice living doing the rounds on all the celebrity panel quizzes

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
[

Won't it though?

Ross isn't very good, he's a one trick pony.

BUT
who are the other contenders?

Norton? Piers Morgan!? Davina? Alan bloody Tichmarsh?!

Fair point, we don't know who's coming through but there aren't a host of obvious alternatives. It's a big failing not to have produced another decent chat-show host since Parky in his prime, as Ross certainly wasn't.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Bring back Danny Baker ................

Very true. I went to see one of his Saturday night shows being filmed, it was excellent. But like a lot of real talents, he can't be tamed and makes senior execs very uncomfortable, probably why it wasn't on longer.

I think I'm right in saying his current radio show is the first one where his 'own people' aren't with him, and it does make a slight difference. Bit like having Bob Booker forced on you as a No2, possibly...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here