Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roll Call: Old Trafford 15 Years Ago Today

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
yep - I was there back in them days, right behind the goal. Me and some mates came over from Leeds where we were at University.

Poor old MS, what a charlie when he got turned down, but plenty of bottle to do it in the first place!

Remember thinking that Beeney just wasn't going to concede that day.

oops.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I was there :albion2::rave::rave:

Up in the seats, in line with the penalty spot

50 plus coaches from the south coast that day, great scenes in convoy on the motorway - parked up by the cricket ground i seem to remember

We competed that day, now we would lose 6-0 :nono:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
:bigwave: sitting behind some appalling gobby Mancy schoolkids (except they had probably never been near a school in their lives) who squawked very high pitched noises all evening. I had what felt like tinnitus for ages afterwards.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was there with my boys. My brother had to get home so he flew and was sat next Gary Chivers, he asked him 'How good is Giggs' the answer he got from Gary was ' I have played against the best and he is better than that , he has no idea what he is going to do next so what f...ing chance do I have'. That about sums Giggs up quite well.

rexwedge

Aug 22, 2005
worthing
I was there. Travelled on the Gulls Eye coach.The bog on the coach overflowed into the aisle after the stop at the Trafford Park on route. Good day out.

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I was there with the Mrs & daughter who wasn't even 1! This being my daughter's second visit to Old Trafford. Needless to say she doesn't remember either visit!

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
I was there with my brother and we were sitting right by the Man U fans.
I was told to "shut up four eyes"! Charming.
I've gone one better than my Man U supporting boyfriend by seeing Manure play.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Was there. This was the last season before standing terraces forbidden in upper divisions. Absolutely packed in, surely more in than allocated, stewards in our area dissappeared as got full well before kick-off. Two stewards at pitch side just in front of us spent the whole match talking to each other, never once turned round to see if we were OK or too packed in to part of our area. Quite frightening, but OK once the game started, and no more allowed in.

Great game. Giggs did a lot of dancing with the ball, but actually sending over a final good cross has always been a weakness, though some of that down to our good defense.

The next year had to start getting used to sitting - end of an era.

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
The Neville took a coach to the league cup game, leaving @ 8am, only recollection I have of that day is PC Beardo trying to nick some of the usual suspects in the ground.

Another coach from the Neville, half full this time, went up for the FA Cup game. A few of the lads had travelled up on the Friday for a stop over. Don't remember anything about this game either, strange that! Had a good drink in town after the game, with a full coach leaving @ midnight, just as we were leaving there was time for a quick dance with some bouncers!! Got back just after 5. No surprise to report that the Neville lost a cup semi-final that Sunday morning to I think the Red Lion, as 9 of the starting 11 had been to Mancland. 1 of the 2 who hadn't travelled was Andy Clapham, who being a dirty leeds scum fan couldn't comprehend why we'd been to OT...

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
2 Gulls Eye coaches, came off the motorway one junction early and went to a pub for lunch, finally left at 2.25 arriving at the ground shortly before kick off.
Top day out despite the result.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
2 Gulls Eye coaches, came off the motorway one junction early and went to a pub for lunch, finally left at 2.25 arriving at the ground shortly before kick off.
Top day out despite the result.

One too many of the old :whisky: I think. You wouldn't get away with it now being a top celeb and all that. :D

Have you seen your younger sexy self here.. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GyiAjUR6Obg ;)

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
The only thing I remember is the proposal on scoreboard and all the pie stalls outside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here