Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roll Call: Old Trafford 15 Years Ago Today

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I was lucky enough to be in a hospitality area on a table with my son and a handful of other Albion supporters.

Contrary what some might want to hear, the Man U supporters in the same area could not have been more friendly. A couple of them insisted on taking my son, who was 7 then, onto the pitch and took a photo of him with Bryan Robson and sent the photos on a few days later. They also took him to the front of the queue for autographs when Cantona (who had just signed) came into the room.
They are not all scum...

Should definitely have been a panalty when Andy Kennedy was brought down.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Funny how the memory plays tricks. I recall the demolished Stretford End and Ryan Giggs' goal, but could have sworn that we sat down that day. Did we have a terrace and a large seating area?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I was there and I still blame myself for their goal. I shouted out, "You'll never beat the Beeney!" top whack, and thud, the ball was in the back of the net. I got properly rounded on by some Albion fans around me :(

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
now i DEFINATELY remember sitting down

I was there. Definitely sittig down. I don't think we had a terracing because of the redevelopemnt of the Stretford End. - I think all terracing was ManUre only. Ooohh stripey shorts in Manchester......

nothing like playing up to our reputation.

I seem to recall that Andy (Mad Dog) Kennedy hit the bar when it was still 0-0. At our end too

westy

Jul 25, 2003
yep, i was there with my bro and old man. If Andy Kennedy hadn’t made such a meal of that challenge he may have got a penalty out of it.. oh hang, no, it was at Old Trafford wasn’t it!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
cor yeah I remember that, especially that classic rebound chant at their fans:

them: United

us: SHIT!

that and they had to turn up the speakers to full WHACK pre-game to try and drown out our singing...wonderful!

I was in Terracing slightly to the left of the goal opposite the end that was a building site.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I was there with Chez and panama Pat. Remember ripping into some people at the service station who said they supported Man U but had never even been to Old trafford. they did not like it much hehehe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here