Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Would Inter be able to afford his compensation? Aren't they in a huge financial mess at the moment?
They have been for a while, but the authorities aren't in a hurry when it comes to investigating them :rolleyes:
are we now saying that an Italian would chose to manage Brighton over one of the biggest clubs in Italy?
I'm saying he'd choose a PL club rather than one in Serie A right now, as in recent Italian interviews he didn't seem keen on returning so soon. I personally think he'll stay at least another year at Brighton regardless, but he'll certainly stay if you make it to the CL. Inter are 4th in Serie A (and this is not counting us, they'd be 5th if we get our -15 points penalty revoked), and they don't really play the kind of football that he likes, besides also having some lumbering expensive players like Lukaku that wouldn't fit him that well.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
i find that hard to believe. If one of the top 4 Italian teams come calling I would suggest he would be off as quick as a pair of essex girls knickers.

Sepulveda

Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
i find that hard to believe. If one of the top 4 Italian teams come calling I would suggest he would be off as quick as a pair of essex girls knickers.
We believe different things then haha, neither of us has a crystal ball so who knows, just fans making predictions. I'm curious though, if you get to the CL (meaning getting 4h place) why do you think he'd leave you for Inter?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We believe different things then haha, neither of us has a crystal ball so who knows, just fans making predictions. I'm curious though, if you get to the CL (meaning getting 4h place) why do you think he'd leave you for Inter?
Without meaning to be negative, I think our chances of CL this season are pretty small, love to be wrong. I agree though IF we pulled it off I really doubt he'd want to leave, not that he does anyway.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I could see him giving you 1 more year then going to big Italian team. I'm sure he enjoys the competition in England.
And when that happens he will take his coaching team with him. That is likely to include Adam Lallana, if I’m reading the ‘second father’ interviews correctly. I hope people will be better emotionally prepared this time for the wholesale departure of non Albion fan employees.

Sepulveda

Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Without meaning to be negative, I think our chances of CL this season are pretty small, love to be wrong. I agree though IF we pulled it off I really doubt he'd want to leave, not that he does anyway.
I mean, he stayed 3 years at Sassuolo where they finished 11th, 8th and 8th. It's true that in his first year there he wasn't as well-known and sought-after as he is now, but from how he talks about his teams he seems to like a project, and you have the potential to be a really good one. If the project stagnates and he thinks he can't do anything more to improve it, he leaves (like he did after 3 years at Sassuolo.)

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
I suspect @Clive Walker doesn't realise how MASSIVE we are these days.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We won't get 4th place, no chance.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I haven't seen Roberto's Bournemuff conference analysed on here yet - sorry if fixtures. It's the most straightforward admission I've seen from him that the goal is European football - we want to play three times a week! Also, I loved him talking about how much he loves winning away - it seems to give him a real buzz. Not really drawn into discussion re the departures of Potter and Rodgers, only saying that coaches are given too much importance in the game. Hmm, a little coy there, maybe?!

Sepulveda

Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
saying that coaches are given too much importance in the game. Hmm, a little coy there, maybe?!
To be fair he's often said in press conferences that players are what's really important, and that he doesn't control them with a joystick and wants their decisions on the pitch to be their own.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here