Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I dunno. Most of it is probably rubbish. But you don't see similar articles on Thomas Frank or the Fulham manager. I don't see any reason for papers/blogs to be flat out making up stories about little old Brighton, not enough people care.
Funny that. I’ve seen both of them being linked with the Spurs job in the last few days. ???

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I dunno. Most of it is probably rubbish. But you don't see similar articles on Thomas Frank or the Fulham manager. I don't see any reason for papers/blogs to be flat out making up stories about little old Brighton, not enough people care.
I suspect it is because of how we play that we get so much attention. This season only City have had more possession in matches than us. Brentford are park the bus and hoof it merchants and Fulham are also pretty dull. The dominance we have in matches based on what we have spent is absolutely extraordinary. Games we have lost/drawn we have still been pretty dominant. Fulham, palace since Xmas. Forest and Brentford early in RDZ days. Throw in some shocking calls from officials and we could very easily be top four. We have not been winning games like those three 1-0 wins when were battered but won under hughton have we?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
At a recent fans Q&A Paul Barber said there is no release clause for RDZ. The club as a matter of principle do not like them. Fabrizio is talking out his arse. Naylor is correct.
I seem to remember that Poyet mentioned when he renewed his contract with the club, that he had agreed a clause that meant that there was equal level of compensation due to either party if the other broke the contract, and Barber has not said the club do not ever have release clauses, just that the club tends not to, and doesn't like them.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Despite their success in gathering points, they are not doing it in the way elite level teams play, De Zerbi is.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Marco Silva took Hull down, sacked by Watford and Everton - his CV isn't really a beacon of success.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
I suspect it is because of how we play that we get so much attention. This season only City have had more possession in matches than us. Brentford are park the bus and hoof it merchants and Fulham are also pretty dull. The dominance we have in matches based on what we have spent is absolutely extraordinary. Games we have lost/drawn we have still been pretty dominant. Fulham, palace since Xmas. Forest and Brentford early in RDZ days. Throw in some shocking calls from officials and we could very easily be top four. We have not been winning games like those three 1-0 wins when were battered but won under hughton have we?

Yeah but can he play left back?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Marco Silva took Hull down, sacked by Watford and Everton - his CV isn't really a beacon of success.
A manager being sacked by Watford and Everton is the norm for anyone that takes the jobs, he is decent enough.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Reading some of the posts in this thread it's like some posters are desperate for him to actually leave just to prove a point here and feel a little smug about how they were right and he was too good for little old Brighton.

RDZ and Brighton are a great fit for each other. He's under very little pressure, inherited a well drilled squad with bags of talent that have taken to his style of play quickly thanks to the foundations laid by the previous manager. Bloom and Barbs have seen his ambition, what he's producing on the pitch and are tying down the important players with new contracts and I'm sure they're taking on board any targets or areas RDZ thinks we lack strength in depth. Nothing in the way he carries himself or deals with the press has said he wants out, so why think he'd jump at the Spuds job?

All the rest is just nonsense social media chatter. No one apart from Bloom, Barber RDZ and his missus have any idea what is in his contract. So just crack on and enjoy the show, all this speculative chatter on here just feeds mugs like Romano.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A manager being sacked by Watford and Everton is the norm for anyone that takes the jobs, he is decent enough.
Yes, but managers getting appointed to top jobs don’t generally have being sacked by Everton and Watford on their CVs…Although nothing Spurs do would surprise me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Despite their success in gathering points, they are not doing it in the way elite level teams play, De Zerbi is.
No he's not.
He's taking elite level performance and improved upon it, in a style and manner that's incredibly engaging whilst seemingly unbelievably popular with the players.

Crying about 'talk' regarding RDZ's future really is missing the point about the here and now.

Next task is to stop the Albion falling foul of Fulhamisation from the opposition.
(Something I feel may well be required on a Saturday)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Watford, yes. Everton aren't trigger-happy, and they've resourced their managers well. A bold manager like RdZ would have been able to turn them around in my view. Everton have just got too much of their recruitment wrong, and are suffering now as a result of five/seven years worth of such mistakes.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
You and me both. I started watching football with Junior when he was about 5 years old...........I remember him very early on asking me what a w&nker was, and why were the fans singing that the referee was one - he's now got a BSc in Sports Science, and MSC in Performance Analysis (100% football related) and has worked as one full time for 4 years - watches the game completely differently to me now - I can't keep up and regularly embarrass myself at matches with him :laugh:

'Booo ! That was ******* miles offside you *****'

'No it wasn't :shrug:'
This season was the first season I've climbed down off my 'STOP FAFFING AROUND AT THE BACK WITH IT' Pedestal.

Now I'm all: 'THATS IT, FAFF AWAY UNTIL YOU TRIGGER AN INVERTED PRESS THEN PASS THROUGH THE CENTRAL MIDFIELD BOXES TO CREATE AN OVERLOAD IN THE WIDE INVERTED WINGER CHANNELS'

To the tune of 'The Macarena'

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
The sooner that little cretin goes away having had his 5 minutes of fame the better.
Quite why he has little harem of teenage boys who believe everything he says is beyond me.
Hes an absolute grafting little parasite.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
i have a worry Levy is waiting for summer - if we don't make Europe I suspect he will make his move for RDZ - with that said In Bloom I trust that he this eventuality covered

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
I seem to remember that Poyet mentioned when he renewed his contract with the club, that he had agreed a clause that meant that there was equal level of compensation due to either party if the other broke the contract, and Barber has not said the club do not ever have release clauses, just that the club tends not to, and doesn't like them.
yeah the compensation clause is totally different from a release clause

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here