Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
yes. Remember when we played the ball out from the back every time? It'll be like that. Will rely on Dunk / Webster / Sanchez being skilful enough to keep the ball.

Can’t wait for shouts of ‘GET IT UP THE PITCH’ from the clueless in WSU

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Seen a few mentions of the ‘sole’ being part of his philosophy but can’t seem to grasp what he is referring to. Anyone care to enlighten me?

It's about controlling the ball with the sole of the foot. How it makes a difference, I don't know. It seems a cumbersome way of using the ball to me ... but then, I'm not a highly paid football coach

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
Seen a few mentions of the ‘sole’ being part of his philosophy but can’t seem to grasp what he is referring to. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Is it not just about controlling the ball dead? Look at the YouTube video in post #793. Happens within the first two seconds. The first guy passes it and gets it back, controlling the ball with his studs.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
It's about controlling the ball with the sole of the foot. How it makes a difference, I don't know. It seems a cumbersome way of using the ball to me ... but then, I'm not a highly paid football coach

I wondered if it were as literal as that!

Strikes me as a bit odd but let’s see..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is it not just about controlling the ball dead? Look at the YouTube video in post #793. Happens within the first two seconds. The first guy passes it and gets it back, controlling the ball with his studs.

I'd read it was more about 'keeping your foot on it' until the last minute - ie drawing the press in as far as you possibly can to allow more gaps to be opened up for a quick counter.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd read it was more about 'keeping your foot on it' until the last minute - ie drawing the press in as far as you possibly can to allow more gaps to be opened up for a quick counter.

That'll have at least 25% of the Amex shitting themselves if it's Sanchez doing it :smile:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I wondered if it were as literal as that!

Strikes me as a bit odd but let’s see..

If it is some kind of core part of his football philosophy, then yes it is a little odd.

If its just something he thinks players in general should do more often... then why not.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
From the BBS (watching them, watching us, watching them) :

That's a hell of a appointment and probably a upgrade on Potter himself...

In spite of their best efforts they really are struggling to say anything bad about him.
They are rattled.

https://cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=287222

0806a2ecc2a6b96bc06e2c0503a1a376.jpg

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
He'll be a huge upgrade on Bielsa if he can only conduct his interviews in English.

When we play any other team who has recently changed their manager they always play with "new manager syndrome" - like out of their skins as all the squad are on a clean slate and want to impress the new gaffer. Will we enjoy a similar "honeymoon" period and how many games might it last?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
That's the spirit! Pure positive vibes moving forwards.

For cod’s sake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here