Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
He’s an average top two divisions keeper who got found out in five minutes at Chelsea but might yet make a side a really good stopper. But his attitude was bad way before RDZ. And that’s what got him binned.

Yep.

I think I posted back in 2021 that I’d heard from people that his attitude stunk. From memory Swansman was going through his “people from Brighton don’t hear things about Brighton players” phase so obviously I was lying and that was the end of the conversation.

I know one of the people who went in to the club to help administer the Covid tests and Sanchez was the one player they had a bad word to say about throughout the entire time.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Yep.

I think I posted back in 2021 that I’d heard from people that his attitude stunk. From memory Swansman was going through his “people from Brighton don’t hear things about Brighton players” phase so obviously I was lying and that was the end of the conversation.

I know one of the people who went in to the club to help administer the Covid tests and Sanchez was the one player they had a bad word to say about throughout the entire time.

So if Sanchez was an NSCer you would most likely have him on ignore?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Yep.

In nearly every case all this "ITK wisedom" conveniently appears AFTER someone has been made a scapegoat, or when there's some agenda to push like "I've heard there's a 50/50 chance Solly March will never play Premier League football again, so if we don't spend massive money on another winger we're as unambitious as me and my adoptive dad claimed all along". Followed by another ITK claiming "I've heard March rehab is going really well". :D

Forgive me for not believing that these young elite athletes in their twentys would rather eat shit and die than to sit and tell stories on some old farts porch in Portslade, but I've seen none or very little evidence of the opposite.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
In nearly every case all this "ITK wisedom" conveniently appears AFTER someone has been made a scapegoat, or when there's some agenda to push like "I've heard there's a 50/50 chance Solly March will never play Premier League football again, so if we don't spend massive money on another winger we're as unambitious as me and my adoptive dad claimed all along". Followed by another ITK claiming "I've heard March rehab is going really well". :D

Forgive me for not believing that these young elite athletes in their twentys would rather eat shit and die than to sit and tell stories on some old farts porch in Portslade, but I've seen none or very little evidence of the opposite.

NEVER WRONG

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Another 180 degree swiveller after de Zerbi (he who cannot be wrong) declared that Sanchez is 'a good goalkeeper but............' devotee then.

Very amusing for me was the Chelsea sheep picking up on the 'Brighton's third choice GK' trope. He never was; he just didn't buy into de Zerbi ball, that's all. An average PL GK? maybe ................. but top level Championship level or above for any unbiassed observer except 'de Zerbi can do no wrong' devotees.
He didn’t buy into what De Zerbi wanted or he couldn’t play how De Zerbi wanted? I think the FA cup semi dictates which one it was.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep.

It also ties in with Spain releasing him from their squad due to ‘personal reasons’ in March 2022 & hasn’t been in since. Long before Potter left and the ‘evil’ RDZ took over.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It also ties in with Spain releasing him from their squad due to ‘personal reasons’ in March 2022 & hasn’t been in since. Long before Potter left and the ‘evil’ RDZ took over.

Yep. Just done a little digging and my original posts were from December 2021; with the first comment being in response to someone saying Sanchez lacked confidence

His “problem” is the exact opposite, allegedly.

Seeming I know people who have to interact with the first team squad on a weekly basis I’ll take their opinion over somebody who couldn’t even point at Brighton on a map 4 years ago

Fair enough.

As I said earlier I know someone who deals with the first team face-to-face on a fairly regular basis and they seem to think that there was a pretty drastic change in his personality after he got his first Spain call up. Obviously this is second hand information based on one persons opinion so take it with a shovel full of salt. Either way I don’t think his problem is a lack of confidence.

So way before RDZ came in, let alone before Sanchez was dropped. In fact numerous people were quick to tell me he wasn’t arrogant anymore and he’d worked really really hard on his attitude.

And I even managed to find an old post where I mentioned that I knew someone who did Covid stuff with the club.

I’m not some massively well connected insider, but a mate of mine once had Bong call him at work to pay off some parking tickets, my best mate works in a coffee shop and served Murray on a regular basis along with Dunk, Stephens and a few others on a less frequent basis. The partner of one of my closest mates was one of the people who did the PCR tests for the first team squad. I know people who went out drinking with Duffy and a few other players through a mutual friend. I know why Paul Rodgers was sacked. F*ck it, I used to play football down the park with 2 people who were in the youth team at the time. In fact, I live so close to the training ground that I could probably tell you who is first and last to training if I was sad enough to keep check. I can certainly tell you the only player in the squad who drives around in a proper flashy supercar. It’s not restricted to sport either. I once sat in front of Rizzle Kicks to see The Inbetweeners Movie. To assume anybody would be sad enough to make up these minor stories is absurd.
(Ironically it was part of a much longer response to Swansman who didn’t believe somebody had heard a Connolly story from their barber.)

But nope, it’s all made up after the fact to fit the narrative. Obviously.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Yep. Just done a little digging and my original posts were from December 2021; with the first comment being in response to someone saying Sanchez lacked confidence

So way before RDZ came in, let alone before Sanchez was dropped. In fact numerous people were quick to tell me he wasn’t arrogant anymore and he’d worked really really hard on his attitude.

And I even managed to find an old post where I mentioned that I knew someone who did Covid stuff with the club.

(Ironically it was part of a much longer response to Swansman who didn’t believe somebody had heard a Connolly story from their barber.)

But nope, it’s all made up after the fact to fit the narrative. Obviously.
Way before RDZ came in, but after people had started to use Sanchez as their new scapegoat for not winning every single game. Bit like the Connolly stalker who along with others popped in with allegations of poor attitude etc AFTER he had been declared the reason why we couldn't score any goals.

If someone would deliver their very ITK info about attitudes BEFORE a player was pronounced the spawn of Satan, it would be a different thing - then I would have more reason to believe in it.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Way before RDZ came in, but after people had started to use Sanchez as their new scapegoat for not winning every single game. Bit like the Connolly stalker who along with others popped in with allegations of poor attitude etc AFTER he had been declared the reason why we couldn't score any goals.

If someone would deliver their very ITK info about attitudes BEFORE a player was pronounced the spawn of Satan, it would be a different thing - then I would have more reason to believe in it.

Ah I see. Goalposts shifted and still #NeverWrong

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Frankly, who cares what you believe.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Ok mate.

It’s your crybaby egowanking that’s currently making this site unusable.

You don’t know everything. Or, really, very much.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Another 180 degree swiveller after de Zerbi (he who cannot be wrong) declared that Sanchez is 'a good goalkeeper but............' devotee then.

Very amusing for me was the Chelsea sheep picking up on the 'Brighton's third choice GK' trope. He never was; he just didn't buy into de Zerbi ball, that's all. An average PL GK? maybe ................. but top level Championship level or above for any unbiassed observer except 'de Zerbi can do no wrong' devotees.
Not at all, i spent 6 months arguing with my non Brighton mates that he's class, they think he's shit. Unfortunately he kept blundering every couple of games and my argument became very weak. Nothing to do with De Zerbi, all to do with Sanchez dropping clangers.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Sanchez was called up after he left the squad in March 2022 for personal reasons.

He was part of the Spain squad for the World Cup in Dec 2022 and started a pre tournament friendly against Jordan.

Before that he was part of their two Nations League squads in June and September 2022. He also made the Euro qualifies in March 2023 (which were about a month after RDZ first replaced him with Jason Steele) before being dropped from the Spanish squad for the summer 2023 games.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sanchez was called up after he left the squad in March 2022 for personal reasons.

He was part of the Spain squad for the World Cup in Dec 2022 and started a pre tournament friendly against Jordan.

Before that he was part of their two Nations League squads in June and September 2022. He also made the Euro qualifies in March 2023 (which were about a month after RDZ first replaced him with Jason Steele) before being dropped from the Spanish squad for the summer 2023 games.
Thank you. I couldn’t find anything in 2023.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Hard to believe Sanchez will be the starting goalkeeper next season...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here