• Been indifferent

Votes: 59 48.4%
  • He's shit, I'd drive him back to Derby myself

Votes: 32 26.2%

• Total voters

Scott29

May 11, 2008
Hove
I am not disputing the fact that our other midfielders are not aware of his intentions and moves but what must we do replace 1 player him or replace 3 or 4 to accomodate him.

As I said on another thread I do not believe that he is doing his chances of securing another club any good whatsoever by being here. If I was a scout for Bolton, lower Prem or Birmingham higher Championship I would not even consider him. As I was told by a Leicester fan he has gone down hill since his days there and his best hope is to be picked up by a Div side with good players around him like Leicester, Leeds etc but certainly he is not the answer for us.

what a load of shit your talking mate, he's a superb player that has come here probably to get himself fit so that he can play in a higher division. i would happily sign him up and i think alot of, maybe not prem but higher clubs would be looking at him and be thinking once he's fit that he is the type of player that every club needs. he kept us the ball for the whole of the game yesterday and did nothing wrong, and ok he was awful at leeds but still a player we should be doing every to keep hold of.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are you about 15 years old and that is not meant as an insult but your views are very narrow.

He was lent to us by a club that was nearly bottom of the Championship because he couldnt get into their side as he was neither fit nor good enough. He is 34 years old so is not going to be as fit and fast as he was in his younger days when he relied on his energy and effort to make him a reasonable player and earn himself a good living. His legs have now gone and he is not able to run around like a 22 year old and his ball passing skill is not in the Lampard Gerrard Carrick leagueand every player in football can play 3 yard balls. So why would any club above us want him, they all probably have as good and younger players in the divisions above ours.

He is not as good for us as Paul Rogers was who stepped down from a higher division.

Scott29

May 11, 2008
Hove
Are you about 15 years old and that is not meant as an insult but your views are very narrow.

He was lent to us by a club that was nearly bottom of the Championship because he couldnt get into their side as he was neither fit nor good enough. He is 34 years old so is not going to be as fit and fast as he was in his younger days when he relied on his energy and effort to make him a reasonable player and earn himself a good living. His legs have now gone and he is not able to run around like a 22 year old and his ball passing skill is not in the Lampard Gerrard Carrick leagueand every player in football can play 3 yard balls. So why would any club above us want him, they all probably have as good and younger players in the divisions above ours.

He is not as good for us as Paul Rogers was who stepped down from a higher division.

A reasonable player. He's a bit better than that isn't he. his legs haven't gone, and no he isn't anywhere near the stardard of 3 top end internationals i agree but i dont think many of those types of players would come to the withdean to play their football.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My point is that yes they are all top internationals but when you get older you have to rely on a strength that you have and what is his, apart from being able to read the game and play 3 yard passes. I once took a team to France to play a game and the opponents had 3 defenders who were between 55 and 63 years old and had all at one time been player of the year in France at top clubs and they could read the game and were in the right place at the right time and did exactly the same played short 3 yard balls to others but they couldnt have got into a league team.

Savage does not offer this team as much as either Carpenter ,O'Callaghan or Bertin did.

jkw

Oct 19, 2008
Now there's the player I would have gone for O'callaghan and pulled out all the stops to get him, he had aggression and ability, I would play him in the middle with a Savage type player, same as I would be playing Virgo in the back line with Elphick or better still Lynch, Mr popular I ain't but true Albion supporter I am

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Say what you like about his performance, but he was the ONLY one out there who looked like he gave a f***ing shit today.

As the minutes were ticking down and we had a throw deep in our own half, he was clearly EXASPERATED at the complete lack of movement, effort or any interest whatsoever from anyone else in receiving it, and so ran 50 yards into the RB position and literally screamed for the ball.

He's not the player he was, but unlike most people around him, at least he seems to give a toss.

agrred - although you also have to remember that he probably still not match fit, he came to us without playing a first team match this season, so given a little time, he would improve further

This is just another example of our fans completely lacking in patients, ffs, give him and the rest of the team time.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Savage is doing nothing Fraser, Livermore, Thomson or El Abd couldn't do.

He isn't even winning tackles or winding up the other team.

Send him back.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Savage had a poor game y'day. Didn't think he was worth in any small way the money we're supposedly paying - as a bums on seat ploy, it's backfired spectacularly. But well done to whoever for giving it a go. Just hasn't worked on or off the pitch seemingly.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Fraser is the worst one of those IMO. He does the job much better than probably all of those put together. El-Abd or Fraser as good as Savage? Laughable.

i wasn't saying that they're as good. fraser has similar qualities in that he looks for the ball, he comes back and takes it from the defence to avoid hoofing and he plays simple passes to feet to bring others into play and start attacks, and then makes himself available the whole time, whilst showing passion. savage does this very well. thomson does not. el abd does not. livermore has yet to prove that he does.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Savage will not have any Championship clubs knocking on his door any time soon.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Sounded like he had a bad game yet again today, so do you think he's worth the £4,200 we're currently paying him?

Where did you get £4200 from ?

I had heard we are actually paying HALF of his wages !!! Thats approx £10,000 A WEEK:ohmy:

Last edited:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Not part of the future and not doing enough to influence games in the present

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here