Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Been indifferent

Votes: 59 48.4%
  • He's shit, I'd drive him back to Derby myself

Votes: 32 26.2%

• Total voters

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I think he is worth it, he was the only player that showed any commitment yesterday, everyone seemed to go into hiding, where as Savage went looking for the ball, properly screaming for it, and then playing it simple, meaning that he stopped hoofing the ball as a team

Simple, but effective, but when he is playing next to someone who is trying to do the same thing, we lack a cutting edge, but luckily Virgo hasnt played in central midfield for a while, so we can go back to aimlessly hoofing the ball again

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
From Team for Hereford thread re: Savage @ Leeds;

He was THAT bad at Leeds, that he simply wouldn't get in my suggested team.

I remember Savage completing ONE notable touch at Leeds, a cross field ball in the first half, under no pressure.

He appeared to be under the impression that if you move slower, and pass longer, it makes you more 'cultured' and 'classy'.. ala Beckham or Gerrard..
Really, he's an above average slogger midfielder, ala Charlie Oatway.

IMHO he is the epitome of 'washed up'. I'm sure even Savage himself would agree that he'll be going back to Derby and struggling to get any minutes on the strength of his performances since arriving!

Also, he takes the worst corners in living memory

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
The fact that he was going mental at our players yesterday tells you were the problem is. The guy has a great football brain but the players around him are not on the same wavelength.

I would actually be tempted to see what loft looks like next to him because although not everyones cup of tea Loft has the ability to see that pass.

Also now chamberlain is fit i would like to see him given a chance

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The fact that he was going mental at our players yesterday tells you were the problem is. The guy has a great football brain but the players around him are not on the same wavelength.

I would actually be tempted to see what loft looks like next to him because although not everyones cup of tea Loft has the ability to see that pass.

Also now chamberlain is fit i would like to see him given a chance

Loft - 3 goals in 6 starts :bowdown:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
From what I saw at the Leeds game, if you call delicately chipping the ball up to the first defender an ATTACKING corner..Corners need to be WHIPPED in ala Paul Watson.. Think about how many goals we scored from set pieces with Adams first time around!!!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that Hawkins. El Abd and Murray did as much and were as effective as him if not more so. My problem with Savage is that he makes a simple 3 or 4 yd pass fine but then stands still and doesnt make himself available for a return 1 - 2 pass to help us push forward.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
I thought that Hawkins. El Abd and Murray did as much and were as effective as him if not more so. My problem with Savage is that he makes a simple 3 or 4 yd pass fine but then stands still and doesnt make himself available for a return 1 - 2 pass to help us push forward.

that's just a downright lie. he was the only one making himself available for a pass. he came to collect off the back four, passed it short and made himself available screaming for it all day long. when he wasn't in the team, we hoofed it. now he is, we aren't.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Feel quite sorry for the bloke, came here to get his game back but seems to being dragged down by those around him and the fact that his game was based around being energetic and running around getting in peoples faces but the years have caught up with him

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
that's just a downright lie. he was the only one making himself available for a pass. he came to collect off the back four, passed it short and made himself available screaming for it all day long. when he wasn't in the team, we hoofed it. now he is, we aren't.

You obviously watched a different game to me when I saw him get a return pass it was in the exact same position as he passed the original one not 10 yards forward.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
You obviously watched a different game to me when I saw him get a return pass it was in the exact same position as he passed the original one not 10 yards forward.

he wasn't going forward because that's not his game. he was always there for a short ball and just treated it round between the back four, and other midfielders, who have more responsibility to go forward.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have a number of players who can pass the ball backwards to the back four whenever they get it, what we need is aplayer who can play a simple pass 4 -6 yards and then get forward to take the return and then do it again thus progressing up the field until the time comes to put a through ball for the front runners. Passing the ball back to Whing El Abd Hawkins is ok but one of them will eventually have to lump it forward which is what was happening yesterday mainly from Whing possibly because Elphick wasnt playing or he would have done it. We need a Eugene Bopp of Crewe type player or dare I say it a younger fitter Darren Currie player. Or somebody like Nicky Southall from Gillingham.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
we do not have any other players who show themselves for the ball and actually want it, apart from fraser who is probably a bit too inexperienced to start every week at the moment. the others just hide away and use the ball if it comes to them. savage looks for it and plays simple balls. it is not his fault that our other midfielders are useless and can't do their jobs, i.e. getting forward and bringing the strikers into play.

Scott29

May 11, 2008
Hove
We have a number of players who can pass the ball backwards to the back four whenever they get it, what we need is aplayer who can play a simple pass 4 -6 yards and then get forward to take the return and then do it again thus progressing up the field until the time comes to put a through ball for the front runners. Passing the ball back to Whing El Abd Hawkins is ok but one of them will eventually have to lump it forward which is what was happening yesterday mainly from Whing possibly because Elphick wasnt playing or he would have done it. We need a Eugene Bopp of Crewe type player or dare I say it a younger fitter Darren Currie player. Or somebody like Nicky Southall from Gillingham.

No, your wrong, if YOU were watching the right game, then you would have noticed that when savage passed it around the other players picked up on it and then themselves started to keep it down and instead of lumping it, which sometimes you just have to do would look for a decent pass, without him yesterday we would have been an absolute outrage.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not disputing the fact that our other midfielders are not aware of his intentions and moves but what must we do replace 1 player him or replace 3 or 4 to accomodate him.

As I said on another thread I do not believe that he is doing his chances of securing another club any good whatsoever by being here. If I was a scout for Bolton, lower Prem or Birmingham higher Championship I would not even consider him. As I was told by a Leicester fan he has gone down hill since his days there and his best hope is to be picked up by a Div side with good players around him like Leicester, Leeds etc but certainly he is not the answer for us.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here