Votes: 59 48.4%
  • He's shit, I'd drive him back to Derby myself

Votes: 32 26.2%

• Total voters

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
No I wasn't, it was my friends 21st otherwise I was definately going. My dad did and he, amonst others, told me he wasn't very good, but I didn't come on here saying about his performence because I didn't witness it for myself. You say it's the basis, but you started the thread 'sounded like he had a another bad game yet again today' how do you know you didn't see it?

I've put the two together.

I wanted other people's opinions on whether they think Savage is actually doing anything during his time here.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I thought he was the best Brighton player today. He was tidy.............and was the only one capable of passing more than three yards.What is so disappointing about him, is that you would expect a player of his experience and calibre to boss the game at this level. This, unfortunately, he does not do.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
savage got the man of the match today did he not?
he was the only one in our team who was going looking for the ball, pressing the other team, he was everywhere. when hawkins "ventured" forward he was the cover. His set-pieces werent the best but hes hardly a creative midfielder whos going to curl in a 25 yard beaut is he. he also rarely gives the ball away.

in my opinion, our problem is the positions players are being played in, not the players themselves. take a regular right back off, and put centre back virgo on, who played upfront and right wing during the game? bit of a joke. virgos our best centre back and hes playing everywhere BUT centre back. virgo got the nod on the right wing over players like thornton, mcleod and fraser, who would all do a better job on the right than virgo. however i dont think its virgos fault particularly... its mickys for putting him there.

it seems like pretty basic stuff really.
i think our players are decent enough to be competitive, its the tactics being used that are just not working at all.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I think Savage has done ok.
He breaks up play and plays simple balls keeping posession.
If he had a creative midfielder in the centre with him he could feed them - unfortunately for some bizarre reason Thornton was on the bench and he only had Thomson to feed.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
we need a player like him. he comes back in front of the defence and actually wants the ball. without him, we'd have seen a whole lot more hoofing today.

I sometimes wonder if I was at the same game as some of the people on here. Savage not very good today? If he was not very good, please tell me what the rest of them were! He was one of a couple out there looking to make things happen, was man enough to go to Kuipers and give him the bollocking he deserved, ditto El Abd, got angry with the lazy shits in Albion shirts and also made more passes to a team-mate than the rest of our lot combined. Other than that he was crap:rolleyes:

He must be wondering what the hell he's done coming to such a crap outfit.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
"sounded like" - how can you judge a players performance if you weren't there? Savage actually played well today and his passing was excellent. Sure he lacks a bit of pace but he makes up for it with quality and at least it look liked he cared. Savage is not the problem.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Say what you like about his performance, but he was the ONLY one out there who looked like he gave a f***ing shit today.

As the minutes were ticking down and we had a throw deep in our own half, he was clearly EXASPERATED at the complete lack of movement, effort or any interest whatsoever from anyone else in receiving it, and so ran 50 yards into the RB position and literally screamed for the ball.

He's not the player he was, but unlike most people around him, at least he seems to give a toss.

Bingo! Couldn't agree more, Easy. :clap:

He has lost alot of pace, still doesn't seem entirely match-fit. His legs are seriously going, and his footballing brain isn't there. But at the moment, he is the only central midfielder we have with a decent pass on him.

I think you'll find that his footballing brain is still there...his team-mates, however, is a different story.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Whatever the reason was for signing him it does'nt look like it's working, The team still cant win and the crowds are still low.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Bingo! Couldn't agree more, Easy. :clap:

Agreed. We were not great today. Confidence is low. But he was trying to make things happen, and he covered a lot of yards today. The negativity on here is ridiculous. We can help the team by getting behind the players. For me the worst performance of the day was - yet again - the "fans". Why do people turn up with no intent to enjoy a live game and make a bit of atmosphere. Oh sorry, I forgot about all that marvellous booing.... :tosser:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
How many team mates did he berate today ? 2-3 was it? Kuipers and El-Abd, did i miss anyone else?
I should imagine, they'll be glad to see the back of him in a fortnight or so.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Agree with Beefy Pigeon, our problems in the main are due to players played out of position. Virgo has really only played centre half once this season against City and that was his best performance.

The centre half partnership should be Virgo and Elphick.

We have also got too many loan players at the moment. It is fine if they are making a difference but Savage is no better then our own players and am not convinced about Thornton. Anyinsah trys hard but I think we are going to get frustrated with him because he is going to need too many chances to score a goal.
Richards is needed as we have no cover, but generally I would rather see us using our own young players, especially as the loanees are not making a positive impact.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I sometimes wonder if I was at the same game as some of the people on here. Savage not very good today? If he was not very good, please tell me what the rest of them were! He was one of a couple out there looking to make things happen, was man enough to go to Kuipers and give him the bollocking he deserved, ditto El Abd, got angry with the lazy shits in Albion shirts and also made more passes to a team-mate than the rest of our lot combined. Other than that he was crap:rolleyes:

He must be wondering what the hell he's done coming to such a crap outfit.

spot on

He put in absolute killer cross (from a free kick) in the second half from the left, a cross of quality that I havent seen at the Withdean since Currie.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
His problem is that his legs have gone and he is just playing 3 or 4 yd passes to somebody and then not bothering to run to pick up any return

He is supposed to be playing for us to put himself in the shop window for a team in a higher division but I think he is not doing that very well. He is ok but if I was ascout for a lower Premiership club or top Championship club I weould not be uimpressed sufficiently to reccomend that my club buy him.

Having said that for some unknown reason the sponsors made him MOM.

Spot on.:clap:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Savage WAS the best Albion player on the pitch today. Hawkins was solid and ran him close for MoM.

I am a Virgo fan but he was shocking today, maybe because during the game he was played in 3 or 4 different positions, none of which are his best position (CB)

Thomson tried hard to make things happen a chased a lot but was short of options when he did win the ball. Kuipers didn't have much to do but did it OK. El-Abd, Whing and Richards were good and bad all through the game.

Andyansah show touches but was ultimately disappointing with his final shot/pass. Murray was given very little to feed off and was consequently chasing the game ad dropping deep to try and get some of the ball.

Cox - well. He is not a left winger and that showed today. Defenders knew he was always going to cut inside and obviously had the beating of him in the air.

Thornton and McLeod both looked like they could do something but never quite managed it.

A disappointing game, we were denied a stone-wall penalty against a team who were only ever coming here to try and avoid a defeat at all costs.

Oh, and I am sure Kerry Mayo was moving faster on his crutches than I have seen him move during a game. A natural!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here