Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Keane??? Rumour?!?

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Apologies if posted before, what we afford his wages??
Would you want him...I think he would be quality!!

PressBoxTeaBoy wrote:
FACT or FICTION - you heard here first.
Brighton have bid 3 mill for Robbie Keane at Spurs. It's been accepted but of course, means now't till Robbie agrees to it.
What I'm hearing is that Gus tried to make this one come off back in Jan but with West Ham being Prem and us being Lge 1 it wasn't going to be. Remember Gus keep saying he was going for that special one and it never materialized. That was Robbie Keane.
WATCH THIS SPACE.

Via Argus...

Keane was indeed 'the special signing' target in Jan.

Whether he is now, what the bid is if true we are back in for him and whether he'd be up for it is another matter and I have no further info.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
From the 'Football Rumours' site, a site that also has some people predicting Palace to finish above us. :dunce:

you're right BHAExpress ripped straight from http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/bullshitters

14 Jun 2011 13:57:56
The rumours about bale, palacios, crouch/gyan ank keane is actually true!!!
Palacios is currently on holiday in Rome
Bale has said he wants to play at the highest possible level and doesn't want to play abroad
Crouch has stated that he is unhappy about not getting first team football and believes a move up the north east with sunderland would be a good move and hopefully establish himself in the England team like to be honest he deserves
Robbie Keane WILL DEFIANTELY sign for Brighton upon his return from holiday in a £3million deal as he wants gurantied (spelling sorry) first team football and he says that it will not harm his international chances. Keane also believes that he could take brighton up the the premiership within 2 years. He has stated how much he actually likes the place and is impressed with the clubs new stadium. When i heard this rumour, i researched it and on various sights its seems to suggest that poyet had beenin talks with a 'special player' who wouldnt mind dropping a division. Expect this deal to go through by next week!
Coming into spurs is belived to be Gervinho after he expressed his interest in signing for tottenham

Top Spur Dave!!

1232550426_worf face palm.gif

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why would Robbie Keane sign for the Albion and not Premier League, Europa Cup-bound Fulham? Just like Alan Partridge with Chris Feather, Keano WILL get a second series from Martin Jol.

Or does Keano own some racehorses we know nothing about?...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
2 of the most idiotic things I have ever read are in this ONE thread.

1 - Robbie Keane would come to Brighton
2 - "We don't want him".

Wow. Just, Wow.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
2 of the most idiotic things I have ever read are in this ONE thread.

1 - Robbie Keane would come to Brighton
2 - "We don't want him".

Wow. Just, Wow.
I think you'd have to be an idiot to want him. He would absolutely CLATTER our wage structure, and probably prove to be a complete let down. Lets face it, he's done it all before so where is his motivation to excel at Brighton?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can completely see why Robbie Keane COULD be attracted to join us. Come here, get his form back playing ina team that suit his style of play down to the ground. Near enough not to effect his personal lifestyle. And a chance he may then get in the premiership with us and THEN we are every bit as big as Fulham etc.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Why would Robbie Keane sign for the Albion and not Premier League, Europa Cup-bound Fulham? Just like Alan Partridge with Chris Feather, Keano WILL get a second series from Martin Jol.

Or does Keano own some racehorses we know nothing about?...

Chris Feather died just before signatures were signed though, meaning the second series was never given, and night time radio on Radio Norwich remained for Al!!

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
6/10 for originality and amusement value.

almost certainly going to Fulham. its usually best to read a few news stories about a player before making up "rumours".

I saw it on a couple of sites & thought I would share, I didn't make it up!!!...but thanks for your insight of Keane "almost certainly" going to Fulham,
but of course its okay for you to share that particular rumour & not me sharing the possibility of Keane coming to us...

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Robbie Keane wont join Brighton.

However, how people could say that wouldn't want him is beyond me.

i saw what he did at West Ham last season, he was awful, he won the worst signing of the year this season.

Seriously he is a crap player

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think you'd have to be an idiot to want him. He would absolutely CLATTER our wage structure, and probably prove to be a complete let down. Lets face it, he's done it all before so where is his motivation to excel at Brighton?

Not at all. I WANT him. I WANT a guy who has scored 1 in every 2 international appearances. I want a guy who is a proven prem goalscorer. I want a guy who has recently commanded £10M+ fees.

That does not make me an idiot for WANTING quality. Not for one moment am I saying it would happen as it won't. But people who state "He is rubbish" are clearly f***ing idiots.

Also I make my statement with the sole belief that Gus and TB would never sign a player that would 'clatter' our wage structure anyway so that wasn't really an angle which I consider when discussing his contribution as a footballer.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
he is 2-1 to join us on sky bet!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here