Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Keane??? Rumour?!?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe, and I said MAYBE we are looking at him. If so, we should let Gus and his team decide.
Good plan, I'll write to Gus now letting him know we've decided to let him decide. Just this once mind.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Good plan, I'll write to Gus now letting him know we've decided to let him decide. Just this once mind.

Do what you like sunshine. You would probably be better of pointing out to some on here that Gus knows what he is doing, and If he thinks a player will be good for his team, we should let him get on with it.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
W A G E S.

Not a chance in hell, people need to get real.
Thread closed.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Another absolute shit rumour people are gonna get their hopes up about, f***ing get a grip.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
A friend of mine saw Robbie Keane at a bus stop in Woodingdean TODAY!
He sent me this pic that he snapped on his iPhone 4. Looks like this could be more than a rumour....

1327306760_65ad310878.jpg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Interesting. I have heard something off of NSC that suggested that Robbie Keane was the 'special one' Poyet tried to get on loan back in January. Which, to my mind does add an ounce of credibility to this rumour. However, I hadn't heard anything about an approach for him this summer.

Nothing could add an ounce of credibility to this nonsense, whatever rubbish word you heard in January. People need to start living in the real world. Amazing.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm hoping Gus goes for hungry players who want to improve like he has so far, similar to Paul Lambert has done at Norwich. I don't want has beens whose best days are behind them & just want a pay day.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Just a thought, my mate has advised me he saw Berbatov on the Manchester to Euston train heading south....dont want to spread rumours but he could our new striker on his way to agree terms at Amex?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just a thought, my mate has advised me he saw Berbatov on the Manchester to Euston train heading south...

some one heading for London while on holiday? unheard of!

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
I actually have disliked Robbie Keane his whole career, just one of the players who is annoying and even when scoring you kind of think he's rubbish. Remember all that stuff with Inter at the beginning of his career and thinking he'd be amazing, but he wasn't.

So I agree with a bunch of others on here, if we have a pot of transfer fee to pay and some wages then I'd far sooner see us buying a couple of young starlets than one older 'established' player who is on the downward part of his career.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I have to agree with you Seagullmouse. There's always been something about Keane I find unpleasant, his attitude, demeanour, never seems like a team player, like he's got a chip on his shoulder or something. Difficult to put your finger on exactly.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
As much as these threads are fanciful the fact is that as it stands our only striker is Ashley barnes.It makes you wonder
what strikers have been targeted by Gus.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As much as these threads are fanciful the fact is that as it stands our only striker is Ashley barnes.It makes you wonder
what strikers have been targeted by Gus.

Forgotten Will Hoskins already?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Chris Feather died just before signatures were signed though, meaning the second series was never given, and night time radio on Radio Norwich remained for Al!!

This is quite off topic now, but I really had to point out that Alan Partridge forged Chris Feather's signature didn't he? Come on Mr Everyone there is a tonne of crap on this thread without you adding to it!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You would probably be better of pointing out to some on here that Gus knows what he is doing, and If he thinks a player will be good for his team, we should let him get on with it.
Why waste your breath. It goes without saying that Tony and Gus know what they're doing. People will post daft rumours on here no matter what. I still can't believe that some people thought we might sign Owen, and others wouldn't have wanted him - he wasn't good enough for us, but he's good enough for the best club in the country.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Why waste your breath. It goes without saying that Tony and Gus know what they're doing. People will post daft rumours on here no matter what. I still can't believe that some people thought we might sign Owen, and others wouldn't have wanted him - he wasn't good enough for us, but he's good enough for the best club in the country.

Thats the beauty of a messageboard with wide readership - you get all sorts posting, some hilarious, some crazy, some rude, some polite, some informed, some pathetic, some are even about football !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here