Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Keane??? Rumour?!?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not at all. I WANT him. I WANT a guy who has scored 1 in every 2 international appearances. I want a guy who is a proven prem goalscorer. I want a guy who has recently commanded £10M+ fees.

That does not make me an idiot for WANTING quality. Not for one moment am I saying it would happen as it won't. But people who state "He is rubbish" are clearly f***ing idiots.

Also I make my statement with the sole belief that Gus and TB would never sign a player that would 'clatter' our wage structure anyway so that wasn't really an angle which I consider when discussing his contribution as a footballer.
OK, you're ignoring the wage structure angle and understandably so. But from a motivational point of view, signing Keane (or any Premiership quality player past his best) on a massive salary would be horribly destabalising.

As for the player himself, he was utter quality in his day, but I'm less convinced now as he's lost his pace. Capable of sublime quality in amongst some dross performances. Not unlike Kanu or somesuch.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
So after a bit of bitching it was worth posting the rumour.....you never know!! we might break the pay structure for a marquee signing....
Would sell a lot of shirts to pay some of the wages...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
But the trouble is that someone comes on here, says "Messi is on his way"; a few other folk pick up on it and put it on other sites like Football Rumours, and then another bunch of people see it on Football Rumours and post it back on NSC saying "it must be true, it's on there." And on and on it goes.

This tedious circle has happened several times over recent weeks.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
in all fairness newhaven gull makes a lot of sense...???

Shame he missed the other 342 league games in which he scored 123 goals, and to be fair he is only the tenth highest goal scorer in the Premier League.

dont get me wrong he used to be a class player, but he is not any more far from it IMO

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
but thanks for your insight of Keane "almost certainly" going to Fulham,
but of course its okay for you to share that particular rumour & not me sharing the possibility of Keane coming to us...

fair point, the difference being the Fulham rumour is one shared across a dozen news sources (i read it in the telegraph a week ago i think) rather than just some numpty typing on a forum.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
First Michael Owen, now this. You lot really are deluded!:lolol:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
But the trouble is that someone comes on here, says "Messi is on his way"; a few other folk pick up on it and put it on other sites like Football Rumours, and then another bunch of people see it on Football Rumours and post it back on NSC saying "it must be true, it's on there." And on and on it goes.

This is, unfortunately, so very true.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Oh so sorry Driller, I saw the rumour & thought to share it..it was also on another couple of websites...so sorry if you dont like listening to transfer rumuors about our club....you dooshbag

Well said. I had always thought this Board was for all things BHA. I would much rather read a rumor about something unlikely, than some kids playing stupid games posting about Arrrggg as the other transfer signing thread deteriorated into earlier.

Keep up the good work.

I think it is a very unlikely rumor though. Unless maybe Gus' and Tano have a good friendship with him?

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton

You only have to wait till Friday, that's what three days, and then these threads will fade into the fixtures background. Remember there is no world cup or Euro Championships either to distract us!!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
As someone that's half irish, I will simultaneously shit, ejaculate, piss and vomit with excitement it we signed Robbie Keane.

It wont happen though.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land

You have a valid point but does that mean no rumours are to be posted??
The alternative is not to post any rumours/hearsay & wait til we see the player holding the albion scarf!
Why not have a bit of gossip/rumour adds to the joy & excitement, alternatively dont open a link that says rumour on the title.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There are two things that convince me that this is a pathetic wind up, one is it's source, a bigger collection of fairy tales have not been seen since the Brothers Grimm set up their web site. The second one is the price, we may have spent a million on one player and may well be prepared tp spend the same amount again but three Million ? Has ANY Championship side ever paid that much for a player ?

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Well said. I had always thought this Board was for all things BHA. I would much rather read a rumor about something unlikely, than some kids playing stupid games posting about Arrrggg as the other transfer signing thread deteriorated into earlier.

Keep up the good work.

I think it is a very unlikely rumor though. Unless maybe Gus' and Tano have a good friendship with him?

Cheers porkpie....ps love a pork & pickle pie...but i digress

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here