Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roast Dinner - The Best Bit?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18477
  • Start date

Agree. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts, as Aristotle said as he tucked into yorkshire pud and beef.

Agree, if forced to decide I would have to go with really properly cooked roast tatties. On the rare occasions I eat a proper roast this is generally how I judge it, both quality and quantity

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Skin from chicken - yummy

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Surprised no one has mentioned crackling!!,i could live off the stuff.For me the best part of a roast dinner is right at the end when there are lots of bits of everything left on the plate and a good old licking is in order,LOVELY!!!!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Proper stuffing, and roast pumpkin (or butternut squash as mentioned above)....with thick dark proper gravy made in the roasting pan (none of your gravox stuff in this house). I also love roast potatoes with grainy mustard/horseradish slathered on.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
All of it apart from the roast potatoes, can't stand them.

I am often labelled a freak for this.

Quite rightly too.

Sent from my wardrobe whilst watching Susannah Reid and Sian Williams enjoy a clam sandwich.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Best bit for me is actually cooking it. I love cooking, and doing the sunday roast is one of my favourites. In fact, it's nearly time to get the oven on. And the added bonus is our house rule that the cook does no washing up :thumbsup:

Eating wise, definitely the roast potatoes.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Surprised no one has mentioned crackling!!,i could live off the stuff.For me the best part of a roast dinner is right at the end when there are lots of bits of everything left on the plate and a good old licking is in order,LOVELY!!!!

Crackling is joyous. Rarely get to have it as the wife doesn't like Roast Pork

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Proper cauliflower au gratin not just bechamel sauce flavoured with cheese poured over it. Wife makes a baked suet as opposed to Yorkshire Puddiongs whioch remind me of my childhood when my gran made them.

getz

Jan 15, 2010
On roast beef and roast potatoes it has to be lashings of Lea and Perrins Worcester sauce. It brings out the flavour of the beef .

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
My faves have to be...

1. Any meat but lamb is best.
2. Roast potatoes, but roasted in lard so they're crunchy outside and fluffy inside.
3. Gravy made from the meat juices.

Although the missus has recently got me eating burnt parsnips and I have to say they're lovely too.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here